• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is "The kids aren't alright" one of the best songs ever made?

Amazing chorus, great solos, poignant message. Slaps every fucking time I hear it.

Is it one of the goats? I say yes. Right up there with queen and the Beatles best. Not a joke. Offspring made something magical with this one.

I'd put it side by side with "Gone Away" as their 2 best songs.

Definitely a song of the generation.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
That is ultimately what I meant. They are a shell of what they used to be. Their words are now hollow.
yeah, I think they already started to crack in the late 90s and early 2000s although slowly. Never liked their joke songs (Why don't you get a job for example). Nowadays their music just feels to formulaic. Nothing wrong technically, but you know, just not anything special.

still I liked some from their latest album:

and the piano version of Gone Away too

their first 3-4 albums remain classic.

Blade2.0

I think this newer song(2017) from them is just as good as some of their old stuff. But yeah, overall, they aren't as good.

EDIT: Whoops, guess the song is from 2008. but still that was when offspring had stopped being mainstream again.

Last edited:

T8SC

No.

The Offspring can't hold a candle to the lyrical genius that is, Scooter.

RRO-000991-H.P.-Baxxter-400x320.jpg

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Sure, when The Offspring knew what rebelling against the system was, now they and RATM have since conformed, citizen.

Tschumi

Fantastic song, but i cringe my face off when he says "sits around smokes a lot of pot" like it's a disease - i don't even smoke the stuff lol

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
It's a good song. I like it more every time I hear it.

Top Bottom