• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is the Switch another Wii, or will their next console also be as successful or close?

Will the Switch be a temporary success like the Wii?

• Yes

Votes: 42 28.8%
  • No

Votes: 104 71.2%

• Total voters

Woopah

I don't see this post, but it seems I would have to register to see it anyway. Looking into those numbers for verification which you should also do) that's not from CDproject at all, and it seems to be the forums guessing data.

I also find it curious how they have the PS5 close to 15.5 million, which is 4.5 million more than the 2019 total despite the sales shrinking down considerably during 2019, while the Xbox One basically stopped after adding only slightly more than a million more.

This isn't accurate data, even VGchartz has a lower number, and they are quick to correct when real data comes out, so that means that even they haven't found this 1.8 million.

You say the claimed update was as of 2021, but in 2021, the only sales news was that the Witcher 3 sold 30 million, and it sold 28 million later in 2020, So you getting a total of 43 million added together is impossible for 2021, because the 40 million announcement didn't happen until this year, 2022.
Ah my apologies, I didn't realise you couldn't see the forum without registering. The data was gathered by taking the graph you shared and adding on the newer figures from this updated graph from CD Project Red:

EyA2g2I.png

The 40 million+ announcement was made at CD Project Red's FY21 Investor Relations call on 14 April, which is the same day that above graph was shown. That's why the FY21 sales figures and 40+ million announcement wasn't made until 2022.

The VGChartz figure was up to the end of 2020, so that's why they have it at 1.4 million (which still makes it a million seller, which was my main point).

Ah my apologies, I didn't realise you couldn't see the forum without registering. The data was gathered by taking the graph you shared and adding on the newer figures from this updated graph from CD Project Red:

EyA2g2I.png

The 40 million+ announcement was made at CD Project Red's FY21 Investor Relations call on 14 April, which is the same day that above graph was shown. That's why the FY21 sales figures and 40+ million announcement wasn't made until 2022.

The VGChartz figure was up to the end of 2020, so that's why they have it at 1.4 million (which still makes it a million seller, which was my main point).

I don't see that. Sell-in aside there's a it of a problem.

Where did they get that graph from?

This is the report that was send out directly from CDproject and was distributed around:

https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/wp-content/uploads-en/2022/04/fy-2021-presentation.pdf

That chart doesn't appear in any slide. Where is the link to the slide that chart came from?

Woopah

I don't see that. Sell-in aside there's a it of a problem.

Where did they get that graph from?

This is the report that was send out directly from CDproject and was distributed around:

https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/wp-content/uploads-en/2022/04/fy-2021-presentation.pdf

That chart doesn't appear in any slide. Where is the link to the slide that chart came from?
A member on the forum had access to other charts that they shared on that thread (such as regional breakdown of sales).

A member on the forum had access to other charts that they shared on that thread (such as regional breakdown of sales).
No,

that slide was from a earnings presentation, if it's real. There should be a link for it, because they included that chart in their last one. In the latest financial PDF they release, that chart isn't there, so they have to have gottn that chart from somewhere, and no one else has the chart, even on euro forums, or any other gaming boards that aren't as good as Neogaf.com

Chart 13, if it is like the similar chart from way back, is public info and isn't leaked out. If you are a member, which based on your posts it seems you are, you should ask for a link to the page or PDF, assuming they didn't already post it.

Regardless though, it's sell-in and there's asterisk information missing on the details, so even if the chart is real we can't determine anything from it.

Not to mention, if it is real it would show a very slow sales increase since the last reported number of Switch sales, the type of thing that would result in lesser general western 3P output which is exactly what happened,

I don't think for Switch 2 Nintendo is going to be able to pull early wester support upfront a third time. Upcoming Switch titles are looking dry for major 3P western output.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I’ll always buy every new Nintendo system day 1. You just know whenever they launch this thing they’ve got MK9, Metroid Prime etc all in the oven ready to go.

small_law

I'm not the target demographic for the switch, so every time I find something I hate about it, I have to remember who this thing was made for. And there are a lot more of those people than there are of me.

Top Bottom