• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is there a cocky character with a worse fight record than Vegeta?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Instro

Goku's record in DBZ isn't all that great either when you think about it.

Loses to Raditz
Beats Nappa
Loses to Vegeta
Beats Recoome
Beats Burter
Loses to Captain Ginyu
Beats Frieza
Loses to Android 19
Loses to Cell
Draw/Loses to Majin Vegeta
Draw? with Buu

Dude is still cocky as hell and is as much a cause of Earth's problems as anyone else. Hell I'm pretty sure he is the true villain of Super at this point with how stupid he is.

Loses to Raditz
Beats Nappa
Loses to Vegeta
Beats Recoome
Beats Burter
Loses to Captain Ginyu
Beats Frieza
Loses to Android 19
Loses to Cell
Loses to Majin Vegeta
Draw? with Buu

Dude is still cocky as hell and is as much a cause of Earth's problems as anyone else. Hell I'm pretty sure he is the true villain of Super at this point with how stupid he is.
This might be true. He did let his friends get their asses beat by Beerus before he finally decided to step in.

Two Words

got his girl stolen from a person of equal joberness....

also started watching super and he treats Bulma like shit(he does have some redeeming moments)....I'm still surprised how he ended up with her....must lay the pipe well.

Bulma has incredibly low standards. She has thrown herself at villains with muscles repeatedly.

Two Words

Loses to Raditz
Beats Nappa
Loses to Vegeta
Beats Recoome
Beats Burter
Loses to Captain Ginyu
Beats Frieza
Loses to Android 19
Loses to Cell
Draw/Loses to Majin Vegeta
Draw? with Buu

Goku is not cocky. Goku isn't the one that talks a big meaningless game. And Goku isn't the cause of Earth's problems. The dragon balls are.

karasu

Nah fam he is 3-9 not 2-10. He defeated 2nd stage Cell pretty handily. Actually, he helped Cell absorb #18 to become perfect, because he thought it would make a better fight.

Still sucks ass though tbh.

Wait, he helped the villain that wanted to kill everyone get stronger because he thought it would make for a better fight? That is dumb as fuck. How do people watch this?

You're kind of cherry picking there

He defeated Goku but lost the 1 on 4 battle when Gohan transformed and had to escape

He slaughtered Cui, Dodoria and Zarbon.

He defeated Jeice and Guldo from the Ginyus and arguably had Ginyu in Gokus body defeated.

He defeated Android 20.

He had second form Cell beaten and begging. But lost overall due to arrogance

I don't really recall the Buu saga perfectly but he beat Goku while in Majon form from memory

He beat Frieza in the Super arc

Media

Spike from BtVS. Even though I love the character.

Comes on scene as the only vampire in the world to have killed a Slayer, much less two. He's looking to make our hero number three. Until he continuously gets his ass kicked by the good guys. Even after he falls in love with her he doesn't rack up much in the win g count aside from random monsters.

Most famous wins: The son of the last Slayer he killed, killing everything in Sunnydale and leaving a crater.

Oh and after he leaves the show, his best win was vs Angel. That had to feel good.

Reset

You're kind of cherry picking there

He defeated Goku but lost the 1 on 4 battle when Gohan transformed and had to escape

He slaughtered Cui, Dodoria and Zarbon.

He defeated Jeice and Guldo from the Ginyus and arguably had Ginyu in Gokus body defeated.

He defeated Android 20.

He had second form Cell beaten and begging. But lost overall due to arrogance

I don't really recall the Buu saga perfectly but he beat Goku while in Majon form from memory

He beat Frieza in the Super arc

Nah, he got a cheap shot against Guldo. Pretty sure Goku weakened the red and blue dudes before Vegeta got to kill them while they were unconscious lol. Goku was holding back, and he also took a cheap shot against Goku while his guard was down. In Super he gets killed by Freeza, and Goku had to save him.

Two Words

Being killed in Dragon Ball isn't a hit to plot armor because death is literally meaningless.

Goku has lost fights. He even takes a back seat to his son. Goku loses in the World Martial Arts tournament twice before finally winning. He is beaten by Mercenary Tao easily in their first fight. Goku's plot armor isn't that great.

Tenten never won a fight..

Fortunately, she didn't have many.

Man, talk about losing the superpower lottery. She's in a village full of people with actual elemental superpowers and people who can make clones and warp reality and shit, and her skill is, "I throw weapons."

Goku is not cocky. Goku isn't the one that talks a big meaningless game. And Goku isn't the cause of Earth's problems. The dragon balls are.
Goku is cocky, it's a specific plot point in RoF which culminates in him almost getting killed by a common laser. And the recent arc of Super has shown that Goku's cockiness and naivete has
become a threat to the multiverse, Beerus was literally about to kill him for it and Goku still didn't care, even taunted him.

aSqZGll.png

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I know it's done on purpose, but Captain Qwark from the Ratchet franchise is basically a satirical take on the cocky yet incompetent goon. He does switch to a coward at the drop of a hat, though.

Vegeta kind of does too at times. If he realizes his opponent is genuinely stronger he flips out. Freeza and Beerus are the two occasions I remember him shutting down, but I think he did it at some point in the Android saga too.

Vegeta gets cocky on the power of writer's assistance and thinks his recovery will let him beat Frieza just like how it helped him beat Zarbon. Frieza easily disbatches Vegeta. Vegeta manages to spit out his sob story to Goku. This moment is meant to humanize Vegeta and make the viewer realize that Vegeta was actually a victim of Frieza and had no chance to be any other way. Viewers knew this moment well. It was the same kind of moment Piccolo had against Nappa. However, these were just meaningless dying bitch tears. Vegeta will not learn from this after being revived later.
Man forget you. This is easily one of the best moments in the entire series including DB. One of the most emotional moments in the entire series. Music and VA were on point too, sold that scene like no other.

RedSwirl

We've been through this. Vegeta has the best W/L record of anyone not named Goku. In other words: he has the best record of anyone in DBZ who doesn't have plot armor.

IronRaven

My knowledge of Transformers is basically non-existent, but wouldn't Starscream fit that definition? He's pretty cocky and usually doesn't succeed with his plans from what little I know.

Bluth54

It's not a physical fights, but the plans that the Master (from Doctor Who) comes up with are pretty much always beaten by the Doctor.

DarkKyo

Viral from Gurren Lagann is pretty cocky from the start(even though he sucks, so it's quite undeserved), but he doesn't end up with nearly as many losses as Vegeta I don't think.

Don't blame me. Blame Vegeta for not developing an ounce after that moment.
Eh he does develop. He admits Goku is better vs Buu and he sacrifices himself in the same arc to save everyone. One thing I desperately wished was for the Buu arc to end with Vegeta's sacrifice, would have ended up being low key my favorite arc in the entire series.

Two Words

Eh he does develop. He admits Goku is better vs Buu and he sacrifices himself in the same arc to save everyone. One thing I desperately wished was for the Buu arc to end with Vegeta's sacrifice, would have ended up being low key my favorite arc in the entire series.

I'm talking about him post-Frieza.

What? No he doesn't. He lost to Gin, Kalifa, Eneru, Bluno, and Kuma. I believe that's his entire loss record.
And when you look at it, Gin surprised him because Sanji believed in charity; he didn't fight back against Kalifa, but proved that he could take her down in only a few strikes; Everyone but Luffy lost to Eneru; He damn near broke Blueno's tekkai (the first to do it) and gave him a run for his money (which the rest of CP9 gave him shit for); everyone lost to Kuma. Literally everyone.
Also lost to Pearl.
Nah he whupped Pearl good. Burned the fuck out of himself.
Spike from BtVS. Even though I love the character.

Comes on scene as the only vampire in the world to have killed a Slayer, much less two. He's looking to make our hero number three. Until he continuously gets his ass kicked by the good guys. Even after he falls in love with her he doesn't rack up much in the win g count aside from random monsters.

Most famous wins: The son of the last Slayer he killed, killing everything in Sunnydale and leaving a crater.

Oh and after he leaves the show, his best win was vs Angel. That had to feel good.
Like I said earlier in the thread, his "power level" is trash from S5-S7, save for a few key wins (which aren't even key). When he hits Angel, though, he gets mad respect. That show did such a good job with keeping the skill levels of its characters consistent. I can't think of a single time where a character took a loss that they shouldn't have.

Shadic7700

Goku isn't a great parent, but he still comes ahead of Vegeta. Who never seems to do anything, but train. While Goku provides for his family(Vegeta is a gold digger too). And let's not forget the amount of times he put his ego ahead of his family
Are you talking about Goku being a good family man cause last I checked Goku probably cared more for a fight with an assassin then his family's feelings if he died also unlike Goku Vegeta actually gives up training for the tournament to stay with his wife who was pregnant unlike Goku who couldn't even comprehend being with his family over training proven more so when he goes to remind Zeno about the universe tournament
Cause he was bored

Nah, he got a cheap shot against Guldo. Pretty sure Goku weakened the red and blue dudes before Vegeta got to kill them while they were unconscious lol. Goku was holding back, and he also took a cheap shot against Goku while his guard was down. In Super he gets killed by Freeza, and Goku had to save him.
Red dude - Jeice wasn't injured against Vegeta.Vegeta killed the others as well but I didn't count them

I mean call it a cheap shot but he did win. In fact the more accurate assessment is Goku has never actually beaten Vegeta 1 on 1

Frieza does kill Vegeta, but as a last second desperation self destruction after being beaten

Breads

Banned

If you're going to count that thing that a literal Deus Ex Machina had to walk back then I'm going to count Sorbet as having defeated Goku.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom