• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is there a rule on how often do you need to get rid of old underwear?

pramod

Banned
I guess for me it's something I never really think about, until I see underwear that have holes in them or stains that wouldn't wash off, then I realize, gee, maybe it's time to go to Target.

How about you guys? Do you have a firm schedule as to how long you keep using the same underwear? I guess it's not as straightforward with your other outer clothes. Those you just throw away when they go out of style or no longer fit you.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Yeah, actual holes, loss of elastic, or a permanent stain.

I can say that underarmor can hold up for a CRAZY long time, like over a decade of almost weekly use. I'm currently wearing culprit 'cause I like the patterns (and USA made) but I doubt they will have that kinda longevity.

dem

How the fuck are yall getting permanent stains in your underwear?

If there are holes.. or the elastic is done... they are thrown out.
If I find they are consistently the last pair i would ever reach for.. I will probably toss them.

I have a pair of Calvin Klein's that are older than my kids. They just keep hanging in there. A real miracle.
My oldest kid is 8.

Last edited:

Fools idol

Banned
yall throw yours away? You're missing a trick. Weird internet dudes pay for old duds on the internet.

My buddy used his girlfriends picture (with her consent) to set up and sell hundreds of thongs and pants online for over a year, she doesnt even wear them, they just buy them and post them and take the money. Dudes are dumb as fuck.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

cannoli GIF

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
yall throw yours away? You're missing a trick. Weird internet dudes pay for old duds on the internet.

My buddy used his girlfriends picture (with her consent) to set up and sell hundreds of thongs and pants online for over a year, she doesnt even wear them, they just buy them and post them and take the money. Dudes are dumb as fuck.
I wish I could recall the exact documentary but I saw one where a chick did this but also rubbed canned tuna fish on them prior to shipping. Simps are weird.

Catphish

Holes or busted elastic. Otherwise, together forever.

Unless they're white. Those get trashed quick. I leak a little, you see.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
For me it’s when they get worn down enough to where you can start to see through them. I only wear boxers and after a while you can eventually start to come close to seeing through them. Then I toss them.

Rival

Gold Member
As soon as anything has a hole or starting to fray or get worn through noticeably. I need to go through my sock drawer and throw a bunch out soon.

0neAnd0nly

You guys talking about when they get holes…

I try to wear exclusively male thongs as to not have to worry about fabric ripping. So far, they’ve lasted 6-9 years.

Think About It GIF by Identity

Last edited:
THIS. How the fuck does this even happen? Y'all are some nasty ass mofos up in here 😂

If there are holes.. or the elastic is done... they are thrown out.
If I find they are consistently the last pair i would ever reach for.. I will probably toss them.

I have a pair of Calvin Klein's that are older than my kids. They just keep hanging in there. A real miracle.
My oldest kid is 8.
I have had underwear for years, that is still in pretty good shape.

When it's hole meets hole it's time to shop.

I like to buy commercial grade paper towel, rubber gloves, a plunger, baby oil and 3 packs of fresh undies just to fuck with the checkout person while initiating a staring contest.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Once they get holes I usually leave them in my underwear drawer for a while out of denial, thinking maybe I'll have a use for them, then a year or so later they get thrown out.

GeekyDad

I guess for me it's something I never really think about, until I see underwear that have holes in them or stains that wouldn't wash off, then I realize, gee, maybe it's time to go to Target.

How about you guys? Do you have a firm schedule as to how long you keep using the same underwear? I guess it's not as straightforward with your other outer clothes. Those you just throw away when they go out of style or no longer fit you.
^

Majormaxxx

I only buy Under Armour charged cotton 6 inch boxer shorts. They last a few years. If there's a hole, I throw them away. Technically I could repair them but oh well. They are quite comfortable and most importantly don't ride up and bunch up around the crotch.

nkarafo

Forget about stains, how do you get holes?

Underwear spends more time in the drawer than your ass. You (should) only use one for a day or two max and it should take weeks until you wear the same one again. I don't think there is enough "wear and tear" to get holes in them, unless you use the same one too often.

Top Bottom