• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is this used prebuilt 3080 Desktop worth it

KAL2006

Banned
So I was just browsing local marketplace stumbled across someone in my local area selling this desktop.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/predator-model/DG.E1YEK.00F

Acer Predator 5000 PO5-615s GeForce RTX 3080 i7 10700k | NON LHR
Part Number: DG.E1YEK.00F

Operating System
Windows 10 Pro

Processor Model
i7-10700K 3.80 GHz

GeForce RTX 3080 ( Non LHR )

Memory 16 GB
Hyperx 4200 mhz DDR4

Hard Drive 2.5TB
nvme 512 GB
ssd 512 GB
hdd 2TB

Optical Media Supported
DVD±R/±RW

I was already in the middle of building a 3070Ti PC but was waiting for the new Interl CPU announcement next week. But now that I seen this pre build I'm tempted to just sell my 3070Ti and pick up this. As when I calculated my build cost it was reaching around £1300.

This pre build the person is selling for is £1750. I know the 3080 is worth alot it's just the other components in not sure are good quality.

Kuranghi

I think you're overthinking everything, you luckily got the 3070ti at a great price (I remember from the other thread) so get a good current CPU and build the PC and start playing games at native 4K or 100s of fps at faux-4K or whatever you like in between. The "prebuild someone is selling" is a nightmare of parts failing and what not, if someones goes wrong you're probably fucked.

KAL2006

Banned
Thank you everyone I will go ahead with my 3070 build I'm going to lock the thread as I should have just posted this on my original 3070Ti thread

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I have never seen pre-build which would be worth the price of admission. So no.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I would just finish what you started with the 3070 ti. Beast of a card that will last you a good long while. Used prebuilt sounds like a bad idea.

Well it doesn't look like you get any Thunderbolt 4 support (the Type-C might be compatible with Thunderbolt devices but if not explicitly mentioned wouldn't count on it), but upgradability for RAM looks good and you get a 3080 included which is also good.

Hard to say tho without knowing the pricing on it; I'd guess it's in the $2K range but how much over/under?

EDIT: Oh I see the price in the OP...well if it's used then you probably won't get a warranty, and it's a 10th-gen Intel. You're technically leaving some performance on the table with the i7 in that build for a 3080, only question is how much compared to your current setup with the 3070? I'd probably say if the perf difference in key benchmarks is no bigger than 10% in worst cases, you're better off with your current 3070 build unless the motherboard is limited in some notable area (RAM upgradability, ports, m.2 support etc.).

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

So I was just browsing local marketplace stumbled across someone in my local area selling this desktop.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/predator-model/DG.E1YEK.00F

Acer Predator 5000 PO5-615s GeForce RTX 3080 i7 10700k | NON LHR
Part Number: DG.E1YEK.00F

Operating System
Windows 10 Pro

Processor Model
i7-10700K 3.80 GHz

GeForce RTX 3080 ( Non LHR )

Memory 16 GB
Hyperx 4200 mhz DDR4

Hard Drive 2.5TB
nvme 512 GB
ssd 512 GB
hdd 2TB

Optical Media Supported
DVD±R/±RW

I was already in the middle of building a 3070Ti PC but was waiting for the new Interl CPU announcement next week. But now that I seen this pre build I'm tempted to just sell my 3070Ti and pick up this. As when I calculated my build cost it was reaching around £1300.

This pre build the person is selling for is £1750. I know the 3080 is worth alot it's just the other components in not sure are good quality.
I would up the ram to at least 32.

I would just finish what you started with the 3070 ti. Beast of a card that will last you a good long while. Used prebuilt sounds like a bad idea.
This is nice to hear, I just ordered a Acer Triton Predator 500SE with that card, trying to future proof a bit. 30XX series cards seem to unanimously be hailed as good.

Last edited:
No. don't do it

• it's used
  • only 16GB RAM and it's 4200Mhz which is ridiculous for an intel system. i mean it's good but you don't really need to go beyond 3200. 3600 at a push.
  • wtf is that storage situation.
  • a disc drive lol? is it 2004?
edit: wtf you already have a 3070 Ti? keep it and wait for the new intel CPU. they might support DDR5 so even better

Last edited:

Xyphie

If you have a 3070 Ti wait until next week and see how things pan out with Intel Alder Lake 12th gen series. Given the preliminary results it seems likely that AMD will have to drop prices on the 5000 series quite significantly in response, so I wouldn't get something with Comet Lake.

Top Bottom