• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Isn't it time for a change for how Kratos looks and behaves? Like... DMC style?

Don't you?

• Total voters

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
Thanks to my crazy Paint 3d skills;

Sjdsyi4.jpg

What do you think about it?

Don't you want some new ideas about how Kratos looks and behaves?

edit: Finally added that new super cool Kratos model.

Last edited:

Impotaku

He needs to be more woke to be appealing to the always outraged millennial/zoomer demographic. Preferably just like the new saints row makeover pink or blue hair with a weak facial hair.

Last edited:

Ozzie666

I seem to recall that didn't work out too well for Devil May Cry. It would not work here either. Also the way they have handled the Norse Gods, is interesting to say the least. Not always a fan myself to be honest. Not the images I have in my head for Thor, Balder etc. I think it's safe to say their vision is very different form the OP and thankfully so!

I was against Capcom getting Ninja Theory to make DmC so I have no plans to ever buy it.

Kratos already changed in 2018, they realised they stretched out angry/revenge Kratos for too long.

Current Kratos will probably be the blueprint going forward but I do want them to bring in other playable characters to mix up the gameplay/puzzles.

People are scared of change but for ips to continue for a long time - some change is absolutely necessary.

reksveks

Kratos will die or retire then the Atreus will become the main new character in the GoW series.

Just my prediction, not my suggestion.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
No.
I stopped playing DMC when they fucked with their character model too.
DmC is a good game, its just not a good Devil May Cry game.
If DmC was called Beer N Corn (BnC), it wouldnt have anywhere near as much hate as it gets, cuz from a gameplay standpoint it is a solid title, but people were/are upset that the game is called Devil May Cry and it fucked with their Dante, beyond that its a pretty good game.

When i was going through it I just head-canon'd that this isnt Devil May Cry, its just another character action game......and i had a blast, some of the most interesting stages and bosses in a character action game ive ever gone through.

k68OS8n.jpg

wUFbtg5.jpg

DeepSpace5D

He already looks quite different in the 2018 reboot from the originals by having a full beard and looking older. I don’t think he needs another visual change already.

Last edited:

GC_DALBEN

I like the way it is, Kratos feeling badass as always, games are steering away from this, i like this aspect about the protagonist. I loved TLUS1, Joel was a badass killing everyone, and then they killed him in TLUS2 (hated the story of the game). Please, let at least Kratos stay this way, i dont care about any of the other characters in this game. That being said, i liked the old GOW games better.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I really don't want a GoW game starring Atreus, I just don't like that whiny kid very much.
He wouldnt be a whiny kid by the time he takes over the franchise.

What ever story they need to bridge between smol Atreus and adult Atreus being a badass, they should do, cuz I dont know how much more Kratos and Boy they could really stretch.
id think for their fully nextgen title assuming its a God of War Ragnarok sequel they could design a whole new pantheon with a brand new grown up Atreus.
But thats just me.
For all we know they might shelve God of War for a while and do something else for their nextgen only title.

Bragr

Banned
Happened already in GOW PS4.
You are not completely wrong, he's more emotional in 10 minutes in that game than in the entire original trilogy.

People don't notice it as much because he is still stern and gruff, but he's different.

Bragr

Banned
He wouldnt be a whiny kid by the time he takes over the franchise.

What ever story they need to bridge between smol Atreus and adult Atreus being a badass, they should do, cuz I dont know how much more Kratos and Boy they could really stretch.
id think for their fully nextgen title assuming its a God of War Ragnarok sequel they could design a whole new pantheon with a brand new grown up Atreus.
But thats just me.
For all we know they might shelve God of War for a while and do something else for their nextgen only title.
Ah jesus christ, don't even put that into the world. Mohawk-wearing Atreus is the opposite of badass.

Kratos is 100% of those games, Atreus is 0%. He's just a backdrop for the story. Hopefully, Kratos releases that Loki is bad and kills him at the end of Ragnarok so we don't have to see more Atreus moving forward.

Top Bottom