• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Isn't it time for a change for how Kratos looks and behaves? Like... DMC style?

Don't you?

• Total voters

cormack12

Gold Member
Thanks to my crazy Paint 3d skills;

Sjdsyi4.jpg

What do you think about it?

Don't you want some new ideas about how Kratos looks and behaves?

edit: Finally added that new super cool Kratos model.
I've just ripped my eyes put and buried them after looking at this

TheGecko

Banned
I would like him to show his feminine side a lot more. Maybe less muscles, more hair, styled of course. More Goddess than God.

Can't wait y'all.

ZoukGalaxy

Man, you're absolutely sick. Seek help.
This miserable photoshoping is absolutely disgusting. Look at this ass face, I want to slap him/her/it/whatever.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.​

You see, everyone is vomiting
team america vomit GIF
ill i feel sick GIF
pitch perfect vomit GIF
sick puke GIF
vomit throw up GIF
Sweetest Day Reaction GIF by Originals

Last edited:

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
They did that in the last game already.

Reactions: Fbh

Valt7786

Oh god fuck no.
Seriously hope they turn the cycle of Gods killing their Fathers on its head in this one and Kratos has to kill Atreus.

MiguelItUp

We've only had one GoW thus far in THAT style. I don't think we've hit a ceiling yet. Even after Ragnarok releases.

yurinka

Thanks to my crazy Paint 3d skills;

Sjdsyi4.jpg

What do you think about it?

Don't you want some new ideas about how Kratos looks and behaves?

edit: Finally added that new super cool Kratos model.
This Dante redesign was one of the biggest mistakes ever made at Capcom and Ninja Theory.

Kratos looks and behaves good enough as it is or as he did look/behaved iin the Greek games.

yurinka

What ever story they need to bridge between smol Atreus and adult Atreus being a badass,
That would be as stupid and dumb as to replace Mario in mainline Mario games and Link on Zelda, or to replace Master Chief and Marcus on the Xbox side, or as we saw replacing Nathan Drake in Uncharted or Joel in TLOU. Or to make a Tomb Raider game without Lara, a Metroid without Samus.

Mainline GoW games must have Kratos as main character. Because it's what makes the series great. Atreus can, maybe, grow and become a badass. And to continue being a sidekick or to play as him in coop multiplayer or something like that. But the main character must continue being Kratos.

Jennings

I don't mind when they change a character's appearance, but couldn't they just retire Kratos instead and introduce a new character? Why change his looks? The new character could even be customizable so players feel more represented by her.

DmC is a good game, its just not a good Devil May Cry game.
If DmC was called Beer N Corn (BnC), it wouldnt have anywhere near as much hate as it gets, cuz from a gameplay standpoint it is a solid title, but people were/are upset that the game is called Devil May Cry and it fucked with their Dante, beyond that its a pretty good game.

When i was going through it I just head-canon'd that this isnt Devil May Cry, its just another character action game......and i had a blast, some of the most interesting stages and bosses in a character action game ive ever gone through.

k68OS8n.jpg

wUFbtg5.jpg

Um, no. From a gameplay standpoint it was subpar even compared to PS2 entries. From color coded attacks, limited weapon variability, lack of customization and and personality for the player to show off in combat, and the piss poor non-existent difficulty. Story Wise it was infantile and unfunny. The characters were ugly, the story was mindless, the art direction was bland and uninspired - DMC was a shit show and even if it was called something else - it would still be an incredibly low quality title.

But anyways, all that is secondary to thinking that Metacritic is of value to anyone other than warriors and infants. People need to stop posting that as evidence to any argument.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
That would be as stupid and dumb as to replace Mario in mainline Mario games and Link on Zelda, or to replace Master Chief and Marcus on the Xbox side, or as we saw replacing Nathan Drake in Uncharted or Joel in TLOU.

Mainline GoW games must have Kratos as main character. Because it's what makes the series great. Atreus can, maybe, grow and become a badass. And to continue being a sidekick or to play as him in coop multiplayer or something like that. But the main character must continue being Kratos.
Replacing Joel in TLOU2 wasnt bad.
HiveBusters deserves to be its own series.
And Lost Legacy was a hell of a game.

Not very good examples.

Replacing protagonists isnt that alien a thought.
If it makes people happy, then simply call Atreus' God of War games Atreus of Bread, as long as its made by Santa Monica and is a continuation of the story after Kratos bites the dust.

Um, no. From a gameplay standpoint it was subpar even compared to PS2 entries. From color coded attacks, limited weapon variability, lack of customization and and personality for the player to show off in combat, and the piss poor non-existent difficulty. Story Wise it was infantile and unfunny. The characters were ugly, the story was mindless, the art direction was bland and uninspired - DMC was a shit show and even if it was called something else - it would still be an incredibly low quality title.

But anyways, all that is secondary to thinking that Metacritic is of value to anyone other than warriors and infants. People need to stop posting that as evidence to any argument.
What other metric do we really have to measure if a game is good?
Obviously their is no objective way to do so, but Meta and OpenCritic are the easiest ways to gauge that....its still subjective but it pretty much all we got.

I already told you that subjectively i liked the game as a character action game, I didnt like it as a Devil may Cry game.
Alot of reviewers agreed with me.
Hell most of Steam agrees with me:
TbofQqj.jpg

Your opinion is that it was a bad game??
Well thats your opinion so thats that, I cant tell you that you are wrong, just like you cant tell me, most of the people who played the game on Steam or reviewers that we are wrong.
We can however agree to disagree.

yurinka

Replacing Joel in TLOU2 wasnt bad.
HiveBusters deserves to be its own series.
And Lost Legacy was a hell of a game.
I didn't say these games were bad, I said it's dumb and stupid to replace iconic and charismatic characters who are a huge part of why the fans like these series, specially like in all these cases replaced by poorly written and designed characters who became main characters because of "diversity" tokenism.

Usually it means way worse sales than usual in the series, a lot of angry fans dissapointed with the series and the company reacts in their next game bringing back their main character (as happened let's say in MGS) if it didn't tank hard enough to kill the series.

There are a few exception where, even if hated by many fans these games sell very well specially due to inertia from the popularity of the series in previous games and because this "surprise" was hidden in their marketing (as in MGS2 and TLOU2).

If they hate white straight males being protagonists, I think they should do like in AC letting the player to choose, or to have an option to customize the main characters to feature there any race color, body type, gender etc. But not to kill/replace their iconic main characters.

What other metric do we really have to measure if a game is good?
There's no objective metric.

We can look at MC/OC to get a metric of what critics think about it, but in many cases doesn't match the opinion of the market. Y

ou can also look at sales because the main and most powerful marketing is the word of mouth, so sales could somewhat representative of if people like the game or not. But sales are also heavily influenced by many other things like the hype people has for the next entry in a certain franchise (specially during the first couple of weeks) or by their related marketing (the bigger they spend, the more a game sales).

Skifi28

No it not.

His looks deterred me from playing the games.

Fucking goteue sporting bald ass dude. All those 35 likes must come from bald guys with some sort of beard malfunction
Never joke about beard malfunctions. It's serious, millions suffer every year.

Top Bottom