• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It’s official G4 Network is dead

El Muerto

The new Xplay and Attack of the Show were like watching annoying youtube videos. It was just unwatchable. But it was nice catching Ninja Warrior and Takeshi's Castle on tv again (there's a G4 pluto tv channel)

night13x

Gina Darling is on twitch right now - literally having a mental breakdown. Feels bad. She was a really cool up and comer in the G4 universe that got dragged in the dumpster fire of G4 being stupid. She will bounce back stronger than ever though, no doubt.

*Sees GAF thread that says 'G4 is officially dead' after their second attempt.
*Clicked thread hoping to see posts looking back, reminiscing, and discussing all of G4 since it's most likely not having a third comeback.
*Thread is a hidden Frosk thread instead.

GPUE.gif

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Holy shit, lmfao. I didn't think this would all happen so conveniently cinematically close together. This anime arc actually had good pacing. The villain is established earlier in supplemental material (esports) and it leaves more time for the epic tale of an underdog hero (G4) coming back into the ring after it's prime, and doing battle with the Cave troll Machina Gunkelay Lixalot O'Klitz. Barely scraping by, they behead the beast, but at the cost of 20-30 good people, headed by rebel leader and charismatic hothead fan favorite, Zipper. In the end, the dynasty falls, a working example of hubris from trusting the charming head of the Hydra, whilst the others plan vicious plans. Great story, nice tragedy, really makes you think.

Hahahahahaha I survived kek

ElRenoRaven

Hey they did better than I thought. I didn't think it would last a year. This zombified shell using G4's name was doomed from the start.

Saiyan-Rox

Speaking of the devil, rooster teeth:
wBjUACN.jpg

5tlCpmV.jpg

They went from man humor with Funhaiswhich is banned, to a woke children channel network aimed for kids, with former member pedo Ryan setting the low bar.

I used to love rooster teeth. Listened to the podcast, watched all their content but when they started to sell out to other companies is when the downfall started and the quality nose dived.

I can still watch the old red vs blue though but that might just be nostalgia.

Banjo64

cumsessed
The only reason most people remember G4 is because of that worthless hack Olivia Munn deepthroating things. She's an awful actress, she just ruins everything she's in.

hot dog GIF
olivia munn mouth GIF
Wow, people like watching a fit woman deep throating objects. Who would have guessed? Same reason people like going to Hooters, and the strip club. What’s your point?

VN1X

Banned

Either these are just blatant lies or companies in the US really are this inept?

When your job is on the line and the company isn't doing great you usually hear this weeks if not months in advance. In the case of G4 it wouldn't have been a case of "ok the numbers are in Jim, lets pull the plug". This isn't new news, it's been on life support for a good while now. So I wonder what really happened.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Man I didn't find that funny at all

More annoying than anything
You should actually watch her whole rant, where this cut is from.. (dont do it)
You will NOT be surprised they just decided to burn the whole network to the ground.
With that "person" as the face of the network no way it was gonna survive.
Its just better for most people to see the cut up version instead of watching the whole rant......its cringe as fuck.

Drew1440

What Comcast SHOULD do is instead of completely disregarding the entirety of the content is to release to old school stuff on YouTube for free to watch it for nostalgia.
Do they even have that stuff archived? Even on YouTube most of it is VHS and DVR rips.

Godot25

Banned
I pity many people who lost their jobs.
But i find it funny how that rant said something along those lines of "if you don't like me throwing shade on you then don't watch us" and people really did not watched them...

It's almost as poetic as EA boss (or it was DICE boss?) said to players that if they don't like their portrayal of WWII in BFV, then they should not buy it. And people did not bought it. And EA then cried to shareholders
:messenger_grinning:

GymWolf

The only reason most people remember G4 is because of that worthless hack Olivia Munn deepthroating things. She's an awful actress, she just ruins everything she's in.

hot dog GIF
olivia munn mouth GIF
Pretty much.

I saw some old material and the cringe was too much.

Maybe i'm just not the right audience for any type of vg related show.

I pity many people who lost their jobs.
But i find it funny how that rant said something along those lines of "if you don't like me throwing shade on you then don't watch us" and people really did not watched them...

It's almost as poetic as EA boss (or it was DICE boss?) said to players that if they don't like their portrayal of WWII in BFV, then they should not buy it. And people did not bought it. And EA then cried to shareholders
:messenger_grinning:

Brushing her teeth with anti freeze didn’t help matters either

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Frosk is the Norwegian word for frog.

Just a general fyi

And their children are called rumpetroll. As a Swede I find that highly amusing, since in Swedish that means "butt troll". Maybe it does in Norwegian too? In which case it's even funnier. Never stop being ridiculous, Norway! ❤️

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Imagine being Sessler and having nothing but contempt for a huge portion of your audience. Surely he didn't think he could succeed? Unless your in a job specific to your audience. Gaming ain't it. Gaming is supposed to be for the masses. Good riddance. Piss of to your hate filled twitter forever.

0neAnd0nly

I’ll be 100% honest, and it isn’t a political thing.

I wanted a G4 comeback - BUT they had a few radical and unhinged people that I could not tolerate to watch. On top of that, the game industries desire to shred gamers, especially male ones, apart makes me completely detached and lack any desire to watch.

You reap what you sow.

Stop letting outside issues puncture every orifice of entertainment. People don’t want to hear about outside issues, we want to here about whatever niche we tune in for. A video game network should be about video games, primarily celebrating and discussing them. Only. Entertain, don’t disrespect.

Top Bottom