• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It looks like Capcom Arcade Stadium is getting a sequel

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

A new entry on the site today is titled “Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium”, while another has the name “Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium Bundle #1”.

Both entries have the description: “A PC game that features various retro arcade games from the ’80s and ’90s developed by Capcom as a collection.”

Both have also been given a 15+ age rating, compared to the 12+ age rating given to the first Capcom Arcade Stadium in South Korea.

According to the website, the higher rating is for “exposure of female characters’ bodies” and “body mutilation, amputation etc. appearing in fighting games”.

anthony2690

Banned
Truth be told the first Arcade Stadium is a bit disappointing
No way!

Was worth it for giga wing, progear & Varth alone!

And it's even better when you realise you can buy just the games you want for £1.69 a pop

I ended up buying the entire collection though.

Hopefully this next capcom collection focuses on their 3D or licensed games (or both)

Hopefully it's an expansion for the existing arcade so we can access all the games from one SKU.

Last edited:

Knightime_X

Capcom caught out bulshitting again, they claimed they could add more games to the original arcade Stadium, now they are just going to sell a whole new game instead.
It would probably cost the same anyways.
I'll just consider this volume 2.

radewagon

i just want a physical copy of Aliens Vs Predator !

I got your physical copy right here (it somehow, magically, includes AvP). :messenger_sunglasses:

GTVnpsm.png

Naked Lunch

Truth be told the first Arcade Stadium is a bit disappointing
Progear and 19XX alone are proof youre 100% wrong.

The first Capcom Stadium is the best arcade collection ever released I can think of.
Its only flaw is that it has too many versions of Street Fighter.

Last edited:

Naked Lunch

Very cool this is happening. Im wondering what the list is going to be.
Hopeful for Dreamcast era stuff like - Strider 2, Power Stone(s), Mars Matrix, Dimahoo, and Gigawing 2.

Last edited:
Always good to see things like this giving people easy access to older games.

A very different way of doing it but I feel that for anybody truly serious about these games it's worth mentioning the MiSTer project which now has Capcom's full CPS1 and CPS2 library as well as their pre CPS games as well as loads of other arcade systems like Cave 68000 running natively on the hardware. Of course, not what everybody will want but it is a fantastic option for these systems.

Not my video but it's recent so will give people an idea of what's currently going on. Sorry for taking this off topic but I do feel it was worth mentioning here.

CamHostage

Couldn't just release DLC packs for the first one?

Probably, but sales of "old" games seem to taper off, while new games get promoted as new even if they're standalones of the original. (Capcom could have just ported over Capcom Arcade Cabinet and continued releasing for that too, but that didn't happen.)

From a business perspective, maybe I get why they do them in chunks like this, but for gamers, it's very fucking annoying. (An exception would be they did it where the new Capcom Arcade Stadium wrote over the old one, so that it was a "new" game and an update at the same time," or if they had a thing where the two apps clicked over to each other or referenced each other's games if they had to do it that way.) And, of course, it's selling gamers the same games over and over (much like the Mega Man collections and everything else that comes back again and again, sometimes in better forms of emulation but still, it's a sloppy way to keep a collection and it's not much more than a moneygrab in this era of digital downloads.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom