• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It looks like Xbox Series X console shortage are finally coming to an end

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
I've been noticing it's in stock more and more often. I would not expect supply to catch up to demand for another few months still, and the PS5 I'd be suprised to see more often before September, if at all this year.

drganon

That's cool. I'm tempted to get one, but there isn't anything out yet that I really want exclusive or plays best on a series x. Maybe if starfield lives up to the hype I'd get one. Definitely be cheaper than me building a new pc to play stuff like that.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
So what's the running theory? Microsoft spending some of their endless money to outbid everyone on wafers? Or something else?
I think this is a genuine assumption. If costs are increasing across the whole supply chain that impacts Sony and MS considerably when you have a product with an msrp to stick to. Microsoft have production in Mexico that will help alleviate a lot of pressure. Maybe, Sony are struggling more.
Simple. No one wants it. I can go to any target here in the bay area and grab an x/s easy. They all have insane stock of the s. They even have the series x frig sitting around.
NPDs are going to be rough for you over the coming couple Of months unless Sony magic some serious allocation.

Oh wow. I can buy one right now on Amazon. Would totally buy one if I didn't decide to go and buy a new video card during the shortages. Kind of thinking about just skipping consoles this entire generation.
Honestly, you should. As a ps5 owner I've very unhappy with how Sony treats their own platform. They're bringing more and more games to PC, superior versions, and you also don't get further milked by having to buy ps plus just to play online.

The only downside to PC is that you have to wait a long time for certain exclusives to come to PC. Who knows though that could change someday too.

That's cool. I'm tempted to get one, but there isn't anything out yet that I really want exclusive or plays best on a series x. Maybe if starfield lives up to the hype I'd get one. Definitely be cheaper than me building a new pc to play stuff like that.
Gears 5, flight sim, Halo Infinite, and forza horizon 5 are all superior on Series x. That enough reason? Probably not but Starfields coming out this year I believe, right?

Goalus

You realize PS5 has sold a lot more consoles than Series S|X, right? Which means they've produced more.
Not in 2022.

I just checked Amazon DE, it is not available there. So I guess I'll have to wait a few more weeks.

I think this is a genuine assumption. If costs are increasing across the whole supply chain that impacts Sony and MS considerably when you have a product with an msrp to stick to. Microsoft have production in Mexico that will help alleviate a lot of pressure. Maybe, Sony are struggling more.

NPDs are going to be rough for you over the coming couple Of months unless Sony magic some serious allocation.
Would be funny if that was actually the case. Everyone would be happy too: Green rats could celebrate MS winning over the next couple of months, and Sony fans can always claim that the "only" reason why Sony is losing is that their product is not available.

Last edited:

II_JumPeR_I

Same in germany. You can buy a SeriesX for days now from MediaMarkt/Saturn
PS5 is still a scalper fest. Was trying to get a DISC version this week for my nephew but it was freaking impossible. Bots etc everywhere

kingfey

Banned

Its not just about the cost. People genuinely want xbox now, compared to before.
With Bethesda and Activision, MS would make more than double of their forecast. Because the demand is simply too high now.

Kilau

That’s good it’s got stock and selling, I was wondering if gas prices and instability had caused demand to go down.

Love my XSX since day one.

Honestly, you should. As a ps5 owner I've very unhappy with how Sony treats their own platform. They're bringing more and more games to PC, superior versions, and you also don't get further milked by having to buy ps plus just to play online.

The only downside to PC is that you have to wait a long time for certain exclusives to come to PC. Who knows though that could change someday too.
I’m ok with that. I rarely buy games the instant the they’re released. I would have bought Halo Infinite but I already had PC Gamepass so I didn’t have to worry about that one. Always wanted to play Guardians of the Galaxy and that just became available on Gamepass as well.

There’s so much stuff to play. By the time I do get to the new stuff it’s so heavily discounted that it makes never want to buy games full price.

T-Cake

I'd still rather build a new PC but use XCloud to play anything in the meantime.

leo-j

Still in stock, it’s been almost 48 hours. And series S has been readily available most of the year. And they have been outselling ps5 significantly this year. I wouldn’t be surprised if they 2:1 Sony in the US for April. Sony can’t even produce ps4’s lol.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
What's the best way to get GamePass deals? Are those still a thing?
You will need to have a fresh account that doesn't have gamepass. Buy 3 xbox live gold. Put those on the new account. Don't activate gamepass first. After you claim the 3 1 year xbox live gold. Claim, the 1$ 1 month gamepass. It will automatically convert you to 3 years.

Becareful not to mess up the steps. Or else, you will end up with 1 year gamepass.

Elginer

Random but I was shocked at how much GameStop gave me for One X (269$) I used that for gamepass and Xbox currency for the series X. I currently have gamepass till the end of 2024, special thanks to Bing rewards 😂

kingfey

Banned
Was on Amazon UK for 3 days before it sold out ... good time to get one
I am missing out on gamestop. Gonna have to wait couple of months for them to have it.
Most games are very slow on xbox, after playing ps5. Don't want to go back to slow loading.

ManaByte

Gold Member
I don't need another console. I don't need another console.
Join us.

V99s1p7.jpg

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Check Smyths Toys (UK) website and there are a number of select stores that have the Xbox Series X for sale.

Smyths Toys (Ireland) has been stocked on Xbox Series X for the past few days.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
What's the best way to get GamePass deals? Are those still a thing?

But he needs to follow the steps. 1 wrong step, and you waste your money.

Right, sorry. Just to elaborate. Here are the steps:

Step 1:
1. Buy the cheapest codes for Xbox Live Gold you can find. You can stack up to 3 years, so the best thing to do is get 3 - 12 month cards. You can get them from Amazon, New Egg etc. They are often on sale.

Or if you feel a bit adventurous you can get them for the cheapest price for a different region from CDKeys.com (usually the Turkish region are the cheapest), but this will require you to use a VPN to buy and redeem the codes.

2. After buying the codes, redeem them at this link:

3. During the redemption process you MAY get asked if you want to enable recurring payment to get an additional month of gold.

DENY THIS.

We don't want to exceed 36 months, otherwise instead of a full conversion, it's a pro rated conversion, which we don't want.

4. Now, you should be a proud owner of 36 months of Xbox Live Gold.

5. Convert your Live Gold to Game Pass Ultimate at this link:

If you are doing this for the first time, you only have to pay $1 for the conversion.

If you have lapsed game pass before and are doing this again, you will instead pay $15 for the conversion (i-e equivalent to 1 month's GPU price).

-

And that's it.

You are now subscribed to Game Pass Ultimate for 3 years.

That gets you: Xbox Live Gold. Game Pass for Console *and* PC. EA Play. XCloud anywhere. Additional perks like free 3 month disney+, 3 month paramount+, 3 months Youtube premium etc, those rotate every few weeks.

Deerock71

I really like the Xbox brand, but parsing out OLED Switch sales, and still not beating it, probably doesn't paint that great of a picture when you realize the OLED isn't the Switch's entire picture.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
You can walk into the store and buy one now in NA.
You couldn't before.

A Series X ? Hell no.

A Series S ? a lot more likely.

I was in the biggest best buy in my county earlier today and none of the next gen consoles were present.

Top Bottom