• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It looks like Xbox Series X console shortage are finally coming to an end

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Yes you can much more easier than before.

Let me help you....

Select pick up

I don't know what part of the country you're in where there's stock left ... but ... like I said .. no stock in northern virginia in any of the big retailers.

1rpkbl.png

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

I don't know what part of the country you're in where there's stock left ... but ... like I said .. no stock in northern virginia in any of the big retailers.

1rpkbl.png
That is in your area.

Anyway you can also have it shipped free and received by Wednesday.

That also was almost impossible before.

kingfey

Banned
You can walk into the store and buy one now in NA.
You couldn't before.
We are not talking about availability.
Because Xbox is now much better than Xbox one gen.
People now, simply want Xbox, compared to xbox one gen.

These type of demands creats tons of Xbox consoles, since MS would want to satisfy the new customers.

Remember, Sony needs to satisfy 120m ps4 users. They will increase their production, once the supply constrain starts to ease.

Same thing is happening to xbox. New customers who never owned the console, are joining Xbox members. And these people need a console.

adamsapple

That is in your area.

Anyway you can also have it shipped free and received by Wednesday.

That also was almost impossible before.

Yes, this whole topic is about more availability via shipping sources like Amazon etc right now, good you're caught up to the rest of us :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

Because Xbox is now much better than Xbox one gen.
People now, simply want Xbox, compared to xbox one gen.

These type of demands creats tons of Xbox consoles, since MS would want to satisfy the new customers.

Remember, Sony needs to satisfy 120m ps4 users. They will increase their production, once the supply constrain starts to ease.

Same thing is happening to xbox. New customers who never owned the console, are joining Xbox members. And these people need a console.
Who's talking about xbox one?

The thread is about XSX availability.

This thread isn't about Sony and it's PlayStation.

Told you earlier you have major comprehension issues.

English is not your first language correct?

Yes, this whole topic is about more availability via shipping sources like Amazon etc right now, good you're caught up to the rest of us :messenger_grinning_sweat:
It's about availability period which it has significantly increased.

Awesome. I really want to see what the actual sales for the new consoles can be like. Hope PS5 also becomes more available though honestly I'm not expecting that for quite a while yet. Sony doesn't have an S version to take the load off either.

adamsapple

Awesome. I really want to see what the actual sales for the new consoles can be like. Hope PS5 also becomes more available though honestly I'm not expecting that for quite a while yet. Sony doesn't have an S version to take the load off either.

The Series S was good for tying over Xbox in the market when X wasn't in stock.

But at the moment it looks like X has been in stock and continuously on top of the best sellers list since yesterday. Let's see if this means a continuous series of supply or if we're going through a one big drop right now.

FPR8GM7WUAIo7jO

kingfey

Banned
Who's talking about xbox one?

The thread is about XSX availability.

This thread isn't about Sony and it's PlayStation.

Told you earlier you have major comprehension issues.

English is not your first language correct?
You are the one who replied to this.
Its not just about the cost. People genuinely want xbox now, compared to before.
With Bethesda and Activision, MS would make more than double of their forecast. Because the demand is simply too high now.

Maybe try to learn, how to read first.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Well - for what's worth - Series S stock has reached the point where shops have it on sale now (I think first time I've seen a console below MSRP in years).
At least that answers the 'is it just continuously restocking' vs 'has it caught up to its demand' - in areas.

And yea I've finally seen X on the floor as well for the first time in a physical shop, so they must be shipping more too. Still no PS5s or Switch Oleds though.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
Did you read what I said when I first quoted you?
Because you replied unrelated thing to the post. No one was talking about availability.

I even said that too.

Anyway the demand actually is lower as you can order them online and in some cases walk in stores and buy one.
Again, you are missing the point.
but since you want to repeat this narritive.
xiei7JO.png

That is gamestop in my area. Its not available. Only Xss is available so far.

As to why the demand is high, More people want xbox now, compared to xbox one gen.

Whatever is available now, wont be able to satisfy those users. There are alot of people around the world waiting for both Xbox and Ps5 consoles. They wont get it soon, because Both Sony and MS cant make 50m consoles in 1 year.

Will be good to catch up on all the Xbox stuff I've missed out on since the 360 generation.

I just hope Microsoft can really nail it with some of their future titles because that's really what I'm buying it for. Luckily they support their consoles for a very long time, so I was kinda wanting to wait until an Xbox Series X PRO version, but I feel that either may not happen or could be pretty far off...and it's not like the games will look bad anytime soon from my experience with what the PS5 is capable of which we are just scratching the surface of.

kingfey

Banned
Will be good to catch up on all the Xbox stuff I've missed out on since the 360 generation.

I just hope Microsoft can really nail it with some of their future titles because that's really what I'm buying it for. Luckily they support their consoles for a very long time, so I was kinda wanting to wait until an Xbox Series X PRO version, but I feel that either may not happen or could be pretty far off...and it's not like the games will look bad anytime soon from my experience with what the PS5 is capable of which we are just scratching the surface of.
Its better if you dont expect that. Both companies offer 2 different world.
MS is more like a community, where you are engaging with them through the game, and competing with other users. While Sony is about experiencing what the game offers you, by immersing yourself to that world.
If you arent fan on the 1st, it would be hard for you to enjoy their games.

S0ULZB0URNE

Because you replied unrelated thing to the post. No one was talking about availability.

I even said that too.

Again, you are missing the point.
but since you want to repeat this narritive.
xiei7JO.png

That is gamestop in my area. Its not available. Only Xss is available so far.

As to why the demand is high, More people want xbox now, compared to xbox one gen.

Whatever is available now, wont be able to satisfy those users. There are alot of people around the world waiting for both Xbox and Ps5 consoles. They wont get it soon, because Both Sony and MS cant make 50m consoles in 1 year.
Cherry picking what comes up for you when I already showed it's available(hence this thread)

Demand has slowed down for XSX.
So now It's a good time to buy before the games come in the Fall.

0uHlF6s.jpg

Not sure if you are baiting or not but here you are again bringing PlayStation up in a irrelevant way.
But I will feed the troll... unlike XSX you can't order or pick up a PS5 as the demand is to high.

The rest of what you are saying is opinion.

kingfey

Banned
Cherry picking what comes up for you when I already showed it's available(hence this thread)

Demand has slowed down for XSX.
So now It's a good time to buy before the games come in the Fall.

0uHlF6s.jpg

Not sure if you are baiting or not but here you are again bringing PlayStation up in a irrelevant way.
But I will feed the troll... unlike XSX you can't order or pick up a PS5 as the demand is to high.

The rest of what you are saying is opinion.
You are really dense are you.

Its much better for me to stop arguing with you, since you wont understand anything.

MS is more like a community, where you are engaging with them through the game, and competing with other users. While Sony is about experiencing what the game offers you, by immersing yourself to that world.

Well I think they are changing things certainly. I just got bored of Halo and Gears after the 360 era.

But I'm intrigued by Perfect Dark, Everwild, Starfield, Avowed, etc. They've got a lot of studios now vs. back then.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Well I think they are changing things certainly. I just got bored of Halo and Gears after the 360 era.

But I'm intrigued by Perfect Dark, Everwild, Starfield, Avowed, etc. They've got a lot of studios now vs. back then.
yep. I think by Gears 3 I was done. Perfectly fine game, but the fatigue started to set it. Skipped Judgement, bought Gears 4 and regretted it immediately. Same shit.

Halo didnt get stale for me until Halo 5. I remember enjoying their take on Halo 4. The graphics were stunning and a more intimate focus on Master Chief and Cortana was a good change of pace from the mute protagonist of Reach. But I couldnt play Halo Infinite for more than a few hours. I think its great that they are going next gen only with Fable, Avowed, Perfect Dark and Hellblade. It's the right choice. I just dont think these games are coming out anytime soon. They are all 2024 games.

yep. I think by Gears 3 I was done. Perfectly fine game, but the fatigue started to set it. Skipped Judgement, bought Gears 4 and regretted it immediately. Same shit.

Halo didnt get stale for me until Halo 5. I remember enjoying their take on Halo 4. The graphics were stunning and a more intimate focus on Master Chief and Cortana was a good change of pace from the mute protagonist of Reach. But I couldnt play Halo Infinite for more than a few hours. I think its great that they are going next gen only with Fable, Avowed, Perfect Dark and Hellblade. It's the right choice. I just dont think these games are coming out anytime soon. They are all 2024 games.

Yup that’s probably right too, still gonna take forever for their exclusives to come out

I think Starfield will be extremely important if it makes it out this year

adamsapple

Yup that’s probably right too, still gonna take forever for their exclusives to come out

If you're in the mode for it and haven't played them already, there's a ton of just absolutely fantastic indies on Game Pass I would recommend as well.

Tunic, Unpacking, Lake and a bunch more.

reksveks

I have always spent 90% of my gaming time on third party games even when I used to be on PlayStation, my time on xbox series s/pc has generally increased that percentage. Fortunately there is enough good third party games for my taste to play.

Three

Won’t happen until Sony starts producing the consoles outside of China/Foxconn. The reason you’re seeing Xboxes available is because MS has a plant in Mexico (and has had it since the OG Xbox), so they can build them here and bypass the supply chain congestion on China.
What a bunch of nonsense. Are you upset and trying to come up with reasons it hasn't sold out?

1) production on X Series X is lower than all the other consoles including Switch and PS5. I'm not sure why you think MS have somehow one-upped others here.
2) If you look at your actual console you will see Xbox Series X says made in China on it whereas PS5 says made in Japan.
3) both MS and Sony rely on Foxconn but have assembly lines all over. The majority of PS5s were made on a fully automated assembly line in Japan.
4) explain why the series x is also in stock in other places like the UK, Middle east and Japan if you think production is limited by logistics for the US.

reksveks

Amazon 2022
#10 NSW OLED White
#18 Series S
#21 NSW Neon
#63 Series X
#71 NSW Animal Crossing
#90 PS5

Now upto #37

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

Now upto #37

that’s pretty good I guess, where is the ps5 and ps5 digital?

Last edited:

Helghan

How much time do you have if you can catch up since the 360 generation. I barely can play currently released games properly.

Ozriel

M$FT

This makes absolutely no sense.

reksveks

They run it in weeks/ not sure of the cutoff but today might have been it.

They don't do calender months because it skews the numbers depending what day the end of the month falls on.
Good point, forgot about that

So those drops on April first will be counted in the NPD numbers

Last edited:

Helghan

In the US maybe, EU and Japan is still too strong. I don't know what would be classified as successful internally.
After the Xbox One it will. Although I don't think they really care about outselling Sony. Game Pass numbers are the most important metric. 50 million Game Pass subscribers is much more valuable than 80 million consoles sold.

In the US maybe, EU and Japan is still too strong. I don't know what would be classified as successful internally.
Beating the X1 in sales would have to be considered a win. Having the most sales in N. America seems like a good thing seeing how large that territory is. It's a good thing to at least win at home.

Top Bottom