• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It Takes Two - an incredible game (if you've got a compatible sidekick to play it with)

MacReady13

Alright, you convicted me. I wouldn't pay for it, but its on gamepass so I'll give it 40gb of ssd space and see
He convinced you but you won’t buy it? Christ almighty the game is easily worth ANYONES time and worthy of a purchase for sure (unless you legit can’t afford to buy it in which case do what you must do).

ymoc

The game is less of a cake walk if your partner can barely play games.

I can imagine the brand of butterbrain who cackles and guffaws through that cutie scene..
Yes i can understand that. I just loved the added difficult optional part at that tower and said it'd be awesome if there were more of that in the game for people who like a bit of a challenge.

Sorry, what's a butterbrain? Im not a native speaker and google only turns up with some urban dictionary definition which is clearly not the correct meaning.

Tschumi

Yes i can understand that. I just loved the added difficult optional part at that tower and said it'd be awesome if there were more of that in the game for people who like a bit of a challenge.

Sorry, what's a butterbrain? Im not a native speaker and google only turns up with some urban dictionary definition which is clearly not the correct meaning.
i made it up :p i just don't like the mental image of someone laughing a lot during that scene :p

ymoc

i made it up :p i just don't like the mental image of someone laughing a lot during that scene :p
I see. Cmon! It was made to make you feel horrible in a pure comedic way.
Bro they even ended up dancing in the tears of their kid celebrating lol. It was so horrible and hilarious. How can you not laugh at them being so stupid. This wasnt some oscar level drama, it was just a bit of dark humor for the grownups.

Tschumi

I see. Cmon! It was made to make you feel horrible in a pure comedic way.
Bro they even ended up dancing in the tears of their kid celebrating lol. It was so horrible and hilarious. How can you not laugh at them being so stupid. This wasnt some oscar level drama, it was just a bit of dark humor for the grownups.
I just thought they were making a stupid mistake that symbolised how little they thought about what their actions did you their daughter.. i dunno, my wife didn't have the best parents i guess we take it more seriously lol no worries

ymoc

I just thought they were making a stupid mistake that symbolised how little they thought about what their actions did you their daughter.. i dunno, my wife didn't have the best parents i guess we take it more seriously lol no worries
Oh most definitely they were pretty clueless and a bit disfunctional as a family. I can sympathize it can hit different if you've had bad parents yourself.

TonyK

I never thought on buying the game until the TGA. Now I'm playing it with my son, just beaten the third boss, and the game is AMAZING. I understand the praise now. Ah, and it looks incredible in next gen consoles.

twilo99

He convinced you but you won’t buy it? Christ almighty the game is easily worth ANYONES time and worthy of a purchase for sure (unless you legit can’t afford to buy it in which case do what you must do).

I pay for gamepass, I don't buy games anymore, Vanguard being the only exception thus far.

It sounds like a solid game tho..

Lognor

Banned
I'm playing it with my son and we both think it's decent, but nothing special. Gameplay is fine, but the dialog is trash. And I hate the character designs. We're probably 6 hours in. We haven't touched it in a week or so because he would rather watch me play Halo Infinite. We might get back to it in the next week while he's off from school, but I don't think either of us really have the desire to.

nemiroff

Gold Member
The game was fantastic, and a really nice surprise overall as I didn't invest any preview time on it other than enjoying their previous coop experience A Way Out. It was also a very nice surprise because it's so well done. I Played It Takes Two with my seven year old son and the game contributed to a great bonding experience that will be infinitely glued to my mind. We're still replaying it from time to time to find the minigames we didn't find first time around.

Tschumi

I'm playing it with my son and we both think it's decent, but nothing special. Gameplay is fine, but the dialog is trash. And I hate the character designs. We're probably 6 hours in. We haven't touched it in a week or so because he would rather watch me play Halo Infinite. We might get back to it in the next week while he's off from school, but I don't think either of us really have the desire to.

(Admit it that's a sweet burn)

Last edited:

8BiTw0LF

Banned
My friend and I started playing it today.
Great fun - I understand why it's TGA's GOTY, cause it's really inclusive gameplay-wise.
Not many games are for everyone, but It Takes Two are for most.

Sad I'm not getting trophies through Friends Pass version, but it's okay I guess - I'm playing for free and not many games "allow" co-op for free.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
This game definitely plays like a Pixar game. It oozes with charm, locales, and emotion.

FYI, your companion must know at least how to play platformer games. Definitely isn't a casual game.

Batiman

Banned
Really hoping the success of this breeds more co op games. I have almost every platform and I find it hard to find good local co op games to play with my son like this. Even nintendo is slacking in this department compared to WiiU. I feel them going mostly portable added to that.

Hollowpoint5557

A Fucking Idiot
I'm going through this with my 7 year old little girl and we just got through a psychedelic squirrel cave and rode a giant translucent fish. It was awesome. We are loving it so far. Thank you Gamepass once again.

Tschumi

About to start it, does it support HDR on Series X, my tv is not seeing an HDR signal.
I see videos that are title "PS5 4k hdr gameplay" but the titles suggest it's an unusual setting, I'm not sure. I've got a4k hdr tv, the game looked great, i didn't consider whether or not it was sending hdr.

sertopico

I loved this game, I finished it just two days ago with my partner.

The part with the elephant was awkward though. I felt dirty inside.

Last edited:
Top Bottom