• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Item Restoration Videos

UnNamed

Banned
There are two type of restoration:

First, a work to restore the original function of a thing where you can also ruin the object to achieve the goal;

Second the proper restoration where you have to restore an object as originally intended.

Most of the restoration videos I've found are something like "I don't fucking care about the original object, I will put that overcharged ford mustang engine in this restored to neon blue Ferrari"

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I like Waffles.

i like turtles GIF

DKehoe

Gold Member
A bit ago I watched a bunch of videos of rusted and abandoned anvils being restored. There's something really satisfying about it.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
There are restoration video channels out there that are 100% fake bullshit. This video of a PC restoration got 1 million views, but when you watch it you'll see the individual parts (motherboard, hard disk) are acutally being destroyed instead of being repaired. Just watch how the chip socket is being brushed clean, damaging many socket pins in the process.

There are many other fakers out there.

Try baremetalHW - restores/customizes hotwheels but is very soothing. He doesn't post much anymore unfortunately. As a side note I know/care nothing about hotwheels but still watch the channel.

Kev Kev

heres another by the same guy who did the x wing. i saw this one a while back. i love old antique restorations like this

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I hate these. It's always like "FIXED UP A TRASHED GAMEBOY ADVANCE," and it's like some guy in the fucking gangbanging slums of Brazil filming with a pristine HD camera as he goes through several people's yards that look like landfills, before his spider senses go off and he digs in a random spot and immediately finds a GBA that's like fucking fossilized. Like, even were it a launch model, there's no way enough time has passed that it would look the way it does short of someone fucking running it over with an excavator and then burying it and pissing on the dirt.

I DON'T BUY IT, JAJAJA

Kev Kev

I hate these. It's always like "FIXED UP A TRASHED GAMEBOY ADVANCE," and it's like some guy in the fucking gangbanging slums of Brazil filming with a pristine HD camera as he goes through several people's yards that look like landfills, before his spider senses go off and he digs in a random spot and immediately finds a GBA that's like fucking fossilized. Like, even were it a launch model, there's no way enough time has passed that it would look the way it does short of someone fucking running it over with an excavator and then burying it and pissing on the dirt.

I DON'T BUY IT, JAJAJA
what-in-the-hell-stare.gif

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I’m certainly not going to admit how many hours I’ve spent watching racing car restoration videos.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Most of the restoration videos I've found are something like "I don't fucking care about the original object, I will put that overcharged ford mustang engine in this restored to neon blue Ferrari"

Hmmm. Not the easiest wank I’ve ever had, but I’ll give it a go.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
heres another by the same guy who did the x wing. i saw this one a while back. i love old antique restorations like this

Here you can see a traditional candy maker use the exact same model fruit drop roller for his store. The whole video is fascinating. Never knew that making hard candy was an art form of itself.

Last edited:
Top Bottom