• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's a travesty Nintendo didn't experiment with different Joycon ideas and have a Joycon Pro Controller

Rat Rage

I honestly wish high voltage made at least one fps for wii u. These games weren’t perfect but they really pushed the wii hardware and they really tried hard with the controls. I was looking forward to the grinder as well before it got canned.

High Voltage was such a great studio. I was really looking forward to The Grinder, too. I'm really missing IR pointer shooters. After my excellent experience with the Conduit, it don't like to play dual analog shooters anymore (unless on retro systems). IR pointing and motion controlls will always feel "next gen" to me. It really mixed the whole keyboard+mouse experience with the standard controller+couch experience, which was awesome.

I wish Nintendo would bring IR pointing back on a "Switch 2" (at least as an additional option).

High Voltage was such a great studio. I was really looking forward to The Grinder, too. I'm really missing IR pointer shooters. After my excellent experience with the Conduit, it don't like to play dual analog shooters anymore (unless on retro systems). IR pointing and motion controlls will always feel "next gen" to me. It really mixed the whole keyboard+mouse experience with the standard controller+couch experience, which was awesome.

I wish Nintendo would bring IR pointing back on a "Switch 2" (at least as an additional option).
Yes just drop the joycons and ship with a wii mote nunchuck successor. They should just go the switch lite route and have everything on the pad but still let you dock it on the tv. Probably never happen but we can dream.

Coincidentally I just beat mushroom men spore wars the other day, I put off playing it for a decade for some reason 😅 (it’s meh tbh, it’s not good but has its moments, I like the concept though) then I put conduit in the wii for my next wii game to play :) So yeah i’m quite fond of it.

Top Bottom