• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's been 8 years since Mass Effect 3 and I'm still mad

Greedings

ME1 was one of my favourite games ever. 2 was good.
3? I don’t even remember playing it it left such a poor impression on me. I can’t be mad. It was completely forgettable.

Bragr

Banned
Pre development last I heard. I think they even said they're not going to work on it until after the next Dragon Age.

Wouldn't be surprised it's cancelled a year or two from now.
It's likely some ways off considering Bioware's current situation, but after Dragon Age it's the biggest cow for them to milk, and there are millions of gamers with a deep connection to that franchise, so I can't see a scenario where the next generation won't contain at least one new Mass Effect in some form. Hopefully.

mcz117chief

The only thing good about 3 is Javik and the multiplayer. Everything else is hot garbage. The whole story is an atrocity that completely ignores or goes against the lore established in the first game. Really, the entire story makes no sense when you take into account the information we were given by Vigil in the first game.

The only thing good about 3 is Javik and the multiplayer. Everything else is hot garbage. The whole story is an atrocity that completely ignores or goes against the lore established in the first game. Really, the entire story makes no sense when you take into account the information we were given by Vigil in the first game.
Remember Sovereign's "THERE IS A REALM OF EXISTENCE SO FAR BEYOND YOUR OWN YOU CANNOT EVEN IMAGINE IT. I AM BEYOND YOUR COMPREHENSION. I AM SOVEREIGN."

Yeah I miss that.

Little Chicken

Gold Member
The endings were disappointing, sure, but I can't be "mad" at ME3 because it's a brilliant game and I view the whole game as the trilogy's ending anyway.

The trilogy deserves a proper remake.

Ovek

7Member7
Replayed all three whilst in lockdown recently and I'm more sad now at ME3s ending than mad.

Everyone gets mad at the very ending but everyone should be mad at everything from London to the last cut scene, it was a heavily rushed shit show that was slapped together at the very end of development and it was fucking awful.

royox

Remember Sovereign's "THERE IS A REALM OF EXISTENCE SO FAR BEYOND YOUR OWN YOU CANNOT EVEN IMAGINE IT. I AM BEYOND YOUR COMPREHENSION. I AM SOVEREIGN."

Yeah I miss that.

It totally looks like they cornered themselves and they couldn't solve it on the last game.

Or maybe they were right...cause the main plot of the reapers was:

18242582.jpg

And that was "beyond the comprehension" of a lot of people, as Sovereign said lol.

Ascend

ME2 was great as a standalone game, but as part of the trilogy, it's the worst of the three. ME2 wrote itself into a corner, which forced ME3 to be what it is.

Top Bottom