• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's been more than 5 years: Just replayed through Uncharted 4. Didn't age badly at all!

Gone

Banned
I disagree. I replayed it last year with my wife and I couldn't wait for it to end. It becomes such a slog about half way through and it feels too long.

It's graphics absolutely hold up though, it's production values in general are very high and the evolution of their tech since TLoU is commendable. But that's about all the nice I can say about it.

This.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Really good graphics and art. But I don't like the controls and gameplay. To each their own.

Fox Mulder

I thought the pacing was too slow and I prefer more action set pieces and paranormal stuff in my Uncharted.

But I had to mop up the floor after I saw the setting and graphics.

Last edited:
S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
A game that ages badly after 5 years was never good, to begin with.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Playing it at 120 fps has been amazing. The game looks and plays great, and the story is so well done. It's a remarkable game.
KoCsW0u.gif

Thread from 2021

Last edited:

tmlDan

....whose crying....I'm hoping they fix an issue that plagues their games.....

Mad at what.....their games have pacing problems, the disjointed timeline which spans from present to past with no links what so ever, playing as Ellie and then throwing Abby at you to start ALL over again with a character that has zero progression where you have to farm abilities for again etc is examples of a poorly paced game, now if the stories were played parallel together is in Day 1 Ellie, Day 1 Abby etc then that would have been a better fit, compared to starting from scratch with a new character.
but they don't have pacing issues, especially UC4, what now?

you gonna cry more?

Chukhopops

Played it this year when the €10 upgrade was available for the PS5 version and aside from the pretty good 60 fps shooting everything was a huge letdown:

- Boring and predictable story with the most obvious plot twist ever written. Really feels that they ran out of ideas when the plot is « find a pirate treasure and shoot mercenaries »;
- Insufferable new character (you know who I’m talking about) constantly churning shit jokes;
- Boring new antagonist compared to UC2/3;
- Poor variety in environments, enemies and types of gameplay. UC3 remains the most imaginative for that;
- Only one big set piece and it’s a chore to actually play. Although there are some cool parts like climbing the big clock tower;

Didn’t even want to do TLL after that.

Oh and I forgot the flashbacks, WHY does ND love flashbacks so much? They ruin the pace every time, pull you out of the action and generally consist in just walking slowly while someone talks to you. Just why?

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Waiting to experience all of it's glory on my master race rig!

Mouse aiming should help the mediocre shooting segments.

I’ve finished every Uncharted including the Vita game, but couldn’t get through U4. It follows it’s formula to a T.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I've played halfway through 3 times now. It just slows down and falls off around the 50% mark for me and I lose interest. I lIke's the first 3 so I don't know why I lose interest in this one.

Top Bottom