• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's been one year since I bought a 3DS, my first new console in 8 years. It's had quite an impact.

And my first new Nintendo console since the DS Lite launched in 2006. I felt pretty alienated by the Wii as someone who could never get used to motion controls. That and the fact that I couldn't get over only supporting analog video in HD era.

I'd been PC only since 2013 and I thought that was for the best, but I've found myself playing fewer and fewer games despite an ever expanding list of games in my steam library. I was choking on AAA titles with bloated budgets, bloated open worlds, and bloated bug lists. If I pulled it together and gathered the resolve to really focus on one tight experience I'd get cut down by this problem or that.

For example, Dead Space for PC has broken controller support with huge dead zones. I also couldn't get rid of tearing by locking the fps to 60 but leaving it unlocked would break the game physics. But turning in csync would give the game unplayable input lag. Not every game was like that obviously but fucking with settings to get a good experience was getting very tiresome and I just wasn't enjoying the games as much being so concerned with tweaking. It seems like any time I was ready to hunker down and really play something I'd get blocked by some frustrating bug or issue.

I bought a New 2DS XL from Toys R Us and Metroid Samus Returns. Not my favorite Metroid and I regret playing it in 2D since supposedly that game has very good 2D. I miss the simplicity of all this. But feeling like I was being cheated, I went out and bought a New 3DS XL.

Then I found out about IPS vs TN 3DS screens. So I searched for one and bought it. Then I saw the New 3DS non XL and tracked down a dual IPS version of that.

And then the floodgates opened.

Last edited:
Here's a list of consoles;

PC Engine
SNES
XBox
XBox One S
Saturn
Genesis
Sega CD
Dreamcast
Wii
PS2
PS3
PS4 Pro
GameCube
Switch
GBA AGS101 (X3)
DS Lite
New 3DS XL
New 3DS
PC (1080 Ti)

Displays:

Samsung Q8fn 65"
Sony PVM-20M2MDU

Display Switches:

Bandridge 5x1 SCART Switch
Roofull 5x1 4K/60/HDR switch

Kazza

Here's a list of consoles;

PC Engine
SNES
XBox
XBox One S
Saturn
Genesis
Sega CD
Dreamcast
Wii
PS2
PS3
PS4 Pro
GameCube
Switch
GBA AGS101 (X3)
DS Lite
New 3DS XL
New 3DS
PC (1080 Ti)

Displays:

Samsung Q8fn 65"
Sony PVM-20M2MDU

Display Switches:

Bandridge 5x1 SCART Switch
Roofull 5x1 4K/60/HDR switch
That's a very nice set-up you've got there. You said that you had a huge steam library on PC that you never felt like playing. Now, with all these games and consoles, are you actually enjoying playing stuff now, or are you more of a collector?

cireza

In terms of size, setup and which consoles I have, this is actually pretty close to my own collection.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I'd go for a receiver over the soundbar for better sound. Other than that neat! I have a similar set up. I put all my games on drawers though.

Top Bottom