• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Its dangerous to compare crossgen games and bc games as benchmarck heres why.

Metro is native. It's a ps5 game. Those are only native. They just don't make use of anything besides the SSD speeds on their own.
😂😂😂 mate it isnt native only native games are demon souls, ratchet and clank, destruction all stars, metro is a lastgen game running last gen engine just enhanced with added features like raytracing its isnt made on ps5 from scratch.

RaySoft

Weve seen this time and time again and its getting boring, a crossgen game comes out enhanced, bc or on nextgen consoles and the tech youtubers start comparing resolutions load times and frame rates, come on lets be real here.

After watching metro exodus enhanced version on ps5 and series x console wars started and every fanboy seems to call it a benchmark some say ps5 rules in fps some say xbox rules in resolution, well neither is really true at the moment because of the nature of this games doesnt matter if devs call it a native port.

Cause this games still suffer from running legacy code n devs wont waste time optimizing this games just to have parity because somebody online complained theres a few pixels less on his platform or 2 frames where dropped in his platform as opposed to.the other during an hours gameplay 😂, this so called crossgen games are still running lastgen engines, last gen code, last gen logic, the ps5 deffinetely still runs ps4 code but just enhanced to give you better resolutions and fps same as xbox.

And theres variable results some games run overall better on ps5 in res and fps mostly fps some run better on series x in res and fps mostly res, this variable results dont mean anything and I caution people to wait for actual nextgen only games made with nextgen engines from scratch to really utilize this machines properly and until then well have an actuall benchmark.

Just recently I watched "NX gamers" take on star wars and the new patch runs at higher res on ps5 than the older bc version and actually same res and fps as on series x and also could have slightly better fps..

Earlier before the patch people actually claimed the ps5 was too weak to run same res and fps as xbox which was false and this patch shows you shouldnt prematurely take crossgen games as benchmark. And another example is call of duty warzone on ps5.

Earlier people claimed ps5 wasnt powerful enough to run warzone at 120fps simply because 120hz mode wasnt available on ps5 which also was fraud since the 120fps mode has arrived on ps5 and actually runs at even higher frame rates than on series x.

So moral of the story guys just stop warring over crossgen titles they arent native and are just ports with enhancements that werent made to take complete use on the nextgen consoles because of the complexity of how they where made.

I thought this was kinda obvious? Are you telling me that there are people here that dont understand that code written to take advantage of other hardware might not take full advantage of another hardware? Hmm seems kinda logical;-)

You are right though, the only game that's kinda scrathed the surface of nextgen is R&C, and that's just the start. I've said it before, that this gen will be quite special. The worst offenders as in bottlenecs are gone, so gamedesign this gen will change. Alot.

Last edited:
I thought this was kinda obvious? Are you telling me that there are people here that dont understand that code written to take advantage of other hardware might not take full advantage of another hardware? Hmm seems kinda logical;-)

You are right though, the only game that's kinda scrathed the surface of nextgen is R&C, and that's just the start. I've said it before, that this gen will be quite special. The worst offenders as in bottlenecs are gone, so gamedesign this gen will change. Alot.
Theres lots of people in here who believe crossgen games are no different from native and they should be taken as benchmark, lots of them in here. Thick and ignorant. Even after devs have explained defects with crossgen games but some people still insist to take crossgen and bc games as benchmarks

Top Bottom