• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Drama Cringe It's funny when people are getting banned for console warring while some of the mods are console warriors

AmorousBiscuit

Gold Member
Jun 13, 2019
Bottom of the (biscuit) barrel.
I just wish for GAF to remain as the best place for adult and matture discussion, and this thread does the exact opposite.
Maybe as @DGray said there's the possibility that if being left some days it will serve as a lesson to some, but until archived, it makes the forum look childish, and for how much 'we' love to brag about how cool GAF is, it dont think it helps.

And I wont say anything more, because this behaviour is making me want to write a full essay, and I have more interesting things to do.
I think threads being open such as this one, are a healthy reminder to the community that if you play stupid games then you win stupid prizes. If anyone wants to make an arse of themselves they're free to do so but expect to be banned. The more mature posters here then have a platform to openly mock and ridicule the ridiculous and frankly pathetic console warrior mentality and I take no issue with that.

As DGrayson DGrayson said, sometimes you do get legendary threads from it too. So why not let the community take joy in mocking these idiots?

Whitecrow

May 7, 2018
I think threads being open such as this one, are a healthy reminder to the community that if you play stupid games then you win stupid prizes. If anyone wants to make an arse of themselves they're free to do so but expect to be banned. The more mature posters here then have a platform to openly mock and ridicule the ridiculous and frankly pathetic console warrior mentality and I take no issue with that.

As DGrayson DGrayson said, sometimes you do get legendary threads from it too. So why not let the community take joy in mocking these idiots?
If your a kid that have nothing more to do than laught at others, sure, why not.

AmorousBiscuit

Gold Member
Jun 13, 2019
Bottom of the (biscuit) barrel.
If your a kid that have nothing more to do than laught at others, sure, why not.
I mean...

If someone is losing their mind talking about giant dildos, calling people cocksuckers and deriding Xbox fans as "green rats" they're not exactly worth being taken seriously, are they?

I'll laugh at idiots like that all day.

Bo_Hazem

Gold Dealer
Feb 10, 2020
Salalah, Oman
You need to go back to school or wait until you actually finish school before you call adults kids.

see me after class!

Not sure what discussions our friend is expecting to see in a gaming forum, rocket science and global warming discussions? We're all serious enough in our own lives, it's good to come here to laugh and have fun.

Whitecrow Whitecrow this is for you:

fart town usa

May 31, 2009
www.youtube.com
Console warring in 2021 just doesn't make any sense.

I think the PS3/360/Wii gen was the last time a console war made any kind of sense and my God the flame wars back then were legendary. At this point people have their console of choice and warring over which is better is just dumb. Almost like people wanting to create a war to fulfill something that they may have missed out on.

Why put forth the effort to fanboy over some dumb shit? Just go on YouTube and experience some of the archived gems.

In this one you got James Carville's son shitting on the Wii U, lmao.

Last edited:

sn0man

Nov 23, 2013
The funny thing about Kretos' two month ban is it wasnt even a Sony vs. Xbox console war.

His posts showed it came from him immediately posting in a new Dreamcast thread where he trolled right away about DC stinks and get a Playstation. DC came out 22 years ago (23 if you go by Japanese launch in 1998).

Warrior for decades. Even legacy systems get the war.

If someone committed a major crime and got 20 years prison at DC launch, by the time he got out, Kretos would still be console warrioring about that system.
In her defense, the Dreamcast is a very intimidating system. That thing has a lot of great games.

BPX

Nov 10, 2018
Team Xbox
In this one you got James Carville's son shitting on the Wii U, lmao.

Yo this dude has me dead sounding like a white Soulja Boy