• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's funny when people are getting banned for console warring while some of the mods are console warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you like Toblerones? Can I substitute cock for Toblerone?

BsKW9q5.gif
Risky business sucking a Toblerone, deadliest treat on planet earth.

I don’t understand who benefits in the ‘sucking a dildo’ scenario?

Is it practise? If so, that seems too much like work… Does Phil Spencer pay you to do it? If not, it seems unproductive.

OP, you’re obviously still reading - please consider getting some professional help, rather than shooting up a school or a GameStop or something.

IFireflyl

Gold Member

Everyone pay attention to Mod of War Mod of War 's post here. You can see this is a GIF from the show IT Crowd. Maurice (the character in the GIF) is about to eat some popcorn. The box of popcorn has a look that is reminiscent of Netflix. Netflix is available on the PS5 and the Xbox Series X, but more people own a PS5 than an Xbox Series X. This is confirmation that Mod of War Mod of War is pro PS5, and this post is evidence that he engaged in console warring. EviLore EviLore , I'm not going to tell you how to do your job, but I'm expecting you to do the right thing here. Mod of War Mod of War , no hard feelings man, but I can't just sit idly by as you make an obvious console warring post. I wish you the best on ResetEra.

Starfield

I read the thread title and was like "oh look, maybe some constructive criticism"

Then I read the post and....eeegh epic fail

Ba dum tshh.

Seriously, though, what does OP mean with "green rat"?
There's also "green trash" and "green clowns".

I honestly don't understand what the guy was trying to say.
I think it's a term aimed at Xbox gamers to deride them. However it just comes off as the bitter and salty tears of an enraged fanboy.

Tribalism is a curse on us all. This poor guy ended up totally unhinged over disagreements over which console is best?

I assume 'green rats' is a derogatory term for xbox fans? Think about how sad your life is when your creating racist terms for ppl who like a different console to you.

Prejudice is an unstoppable force of hate. Gaming is about fun, period. To become so invested in your box over someone else's box shows that not only are you fucked in the head (it's an expensive toy ffs) but that they cant help but fully dedicate themselves to one tribe to feel a sense of belonging or superiority.

Real gamers play games, when they want, on whatever device they feel like in the moment. Real gamers play games not consoles.

lmao!

That didn't even cross my mind. I was suspecting some weird kind of Greens party allegiance, which would be slightly weird in this context to say the least.
Fucking climate activists ruining my console warring!
Caroline Lucas has a lot to answer for.

Tribalism is a curse on us all. This poor guy ended up totally unhinged over disagreements over which console is best?

I assume 'green rats' is a derogatory term for xbox fans? Think about how sad your life is when your creating racist terms for ppl who like a different console to you.

Prejudice is an unstoppable force of hate. Gaming is about fun, period. To become so invested in your box over someone else's box shows that not only are you fucked in the head (it's an expensive toy ffs) but that they cant help but fully dedicate themselves to one tribe to feel a sense of belonging or superiority.

Real gamers play games, when they want, on whatever device they feel like in the moment. Real gamers play games not consoles.
This is the correct response right here. I pretty much flew out the womb holding a controller and the device in which I was playing on did not matter. If the game was good, the game was good.

I’ve had amazing moments on all brands of gaming consoles & PC. Road Rash on Sega, the music is still stuck in my head, Zelda on N64 hence my love for it, PS1 & 2 for the various GTA’s and a million other games, Xbox with Halo, Forza & many more, and games like Caesar, Pharaoh, RuneScape on PC.

All these things shaped who I am as a gAmEr (I hate saying that), and I hold them all in high regard. Oh and I forgot to add the many years I lost to my OG Gameboy and Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

I don't think the Mods do anything until some person gets butthurt with a joke and then reports it. I had to lay off some jokes because the mods are a bunch of humorless Sony fanboys. :messenger_beaming:

sn0man

lol 2 months later OP is still pissed and says fuck this forum and wants to get perma bent.
A more fun punishment for these rant posts should be a 6-month suspension to of the entire forum except responses to their rant posts. They basically have to stay stuck in here hoping to lure someone into here so they can stomp their feet for “Internet eternity”

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
It’s not easy being a console warrior. The hours are long and the pay sucks.
Victories these days a few and far between and the risks of getting banned ever present.

Still, someone’s go to do it…

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The funny thing about Kretos' two month ban is it wasnt even a Sony vs. Xbox console war.

His posts showed it came from him immediately posting in a new Dreamcast thread where he trolled right away about DC stinks and get a Playstation. DC came out 22 years ago (23 if you go by Japanese launch in 1998).

Warrior for decades. Even legacy systems get the war.

If someone committed a major crime and got 20 years prison at DC launch, by the time he got out, Kretos would still be console warrioring about that system.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

I honestly don't understand what the guy was trying to say.

He felt that folks that were more Xbox aligned were reporting him to the mods without justification.

I'm not very familiar with the OPs posts in general, but if this thread is any indication, he was one of those antagonistic posters that got pissed when anyone bothered to challenge the noise.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I think what inevitably happens on most forums is that mods become friends with specific members.
Often, it’s members who hang around a lot, because the mods are also around often. Often, members who hang around become emboldened, outspoken, or occasionally just have poor social skills.
I think that’s what leads to inconsistency.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
The funny thing about Kretos' two month ban is it wasnt even a Sony vs. Xbox console war.

His posts showed it came from him immediately posting in a new Dreamcast thread where he trolled right away about DC stinks and get a Playstation. DC came out 22 years ago (23 if you go by Japanese launch in 1998).

Because he's the hero Neogaf deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him. Because he can take dildos. Because he's not our hero. He's the last guardian, a watchful protector. A God of (Console) War.
bruce wayne thank you GIF

Topher

Gold Member
The problem is that it's subjective what a joke is and what warring is. For example the below picture. I would say in a Forza Horizon 5 thread it's a joke and in a GT thread it's warring.
Maybe mods say it's warring in both cases, maybe they say it's just a joke in both cases.

IeYeE2s.gif

There is a thread dedicated to posting stuff like this for a reason.

I love making fun of stuff, but this kind of gif is tailor made for console warring. It is funny, but everything has its time and place.

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb

If someone committed a major crime and got 20 years prison at DC launch, by the time he got out, Kretos would still be console warrioring about that system.
I imagine that someday, his gravestone will read “Oh yeah well PS2 also functions as a DVD player, and Fantavision is a legit good game”

There is a thread dedicated to posting stuff like this for a reason.

I love making fun of stuff, but this kind of gif is tailor made for console warring. It is funny, but everything has its time and place.
Never seen this. Needs to be a sticky thread in my opinion.

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
Everyone pay attention to Mod of War Mod of War 's post here. You can see this is a GIF from the show IT Crowd. Maurice (the character in the GIF) is about to eat some popcorn. The box of popcorn has a look that is reminiscent of Netflix. Netflix is available on the PS5 and the Xbox Series X, but more people own a PS5 than an Xbox Series X. This is confirmation that Mod of War Mod of War is pro PS5, and this post is evidence that he engaged in console warring. EviLore EviLore , I'm not going to tell you how to do your job, but I'm expecting you to do the right thing here. Mod of War Mod of War , no hard feelings man, but I can't just sit idly by as you make an obvious console warring post. I wish you the best on ResetEra.
Look closer
Suspicious Buffy The Vampire Slayer GIF

0aMrase.jpg

That thread never worked as trolling involves doing it spur of the moment in someone's face. Trolling in a planned thread doesnt make it fun.
Yeah, but as a sticky with clear rules "Any Gif or joke that makes fun of a brand in any way belongs in here, otherwise one week off" people couldn't say unfair this, unfair that anymore. I don't need warriors, i don't need trolls.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
At first I though Uncle Phil was Fresh Prince Uncle Phil and I was really confused.
LOL for some reason I got it confused with Dr. Phil until I thought about it. I was like “I guess you could consider it an insult to imply someone jacks off to Dr. Phil but that is oddly specific…oh now I get it”

MrTentakel

The problem is that it's subjective what a joke is and what warring is. For example the below picture. I would say in a Forza Horizon 5 thread it's a joke and in a GT thread it's warring.
Maybe mods say it's warring in both cases, maybe they say it's just a joke in both cases.

IeYeE2s.gif

It´s a joke and if you feel offended by it you should reevaluate your priorities in life.

(Yes, I`m an old fart with a Playstation)

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
LOL for some reason I got it confused with Dr. Phil until I thought about it. I was like “I guess you could consider it an insult to imply someone jacks off to Dr. Phil but that is oddly specific…oh now I get it”

Oh shit, he WASN'T talking about Fresh Prince? Damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom