• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's happening! Silent Hill 4 PC re-release gets rated by the ESRB

GrayChild

EjR_l_9WsAMN8wU

Time for the greatest protagonist ever to shine again!

OCMMvb3.gif

Furozen

Silent Hill 1-4 going to GoG as well would be amazing. Also, was Downpour ever released on PC? Absolute hidden gem for me but the PS3 port was fucking aweful. Worst framerate in history. Propper PC port would be neat.
Downpour was never released on PC. Just like the first Silent Hill, so I guess only 2-4 (and maybe Homecoming) are eventually coming to GOG.

Brock2621

Mods are gunna be lit 🔥, hopefully. (complete texture overhaul, new high detail LOD’s, shaders and ray tracing etc.)

MiguelItUp

While the order is questionable, I'm assuming we'll get all of the originals on PC. At least the ones that made it to PC that is, which I believe is all of them except the first one...

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
How long has this game been locked to the PS2/Xbox? I remember an old PC port but I think it was botched, correct?
Says September 2004 for Windows.Good luck finding it for a good price. Silent Hill 3-4 are going to cost you around $40 or more and you can’t even trust the quality of the disc. I had the Xbox version of SH4 and I bought the PS2. It just needed a new case, but I got it for $40. Anymore, the prices increase over time.

$9.99 USD

Last edited:

johntown

Banned
Why 4? The least popular and least...good of the japanese SH games.
I was wondering this as well. I'm glad to have it no doubt but IMO 2-3 were the best of the series. 4 would have been much better if they did make you go through the same areas over and over again towards the end.

I was wondering this as well. I'm glad to have it no doubt but IMO 2-3 were the best of the series. 4 would have been much better if they did make you go through the same areas over and over again towards the end.

Didn't Konami lose the source code for 2 & 3? :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

johntown

Banned
Didn't Konami lose the source code for 2 & 3? :ROFLMAO:
Get an ISO from a torrent site and give it to GOG to fix for all I care! I hope they didn't but I have no issue accepting a bare bones port either. I just prefer a legal digital version but if none are available I will get whatever I can get.

Last edited:

Ellery

Good, but I really want a SOLID remaster of SH2 for PS5. That is not too much to ask. It would take one guy like 2-3 weeks to do that. And please don't give me to PS3 Comic Sans remastered version.

Could 2 and 3 be released in theory? Wasn’t there some issue when making the HD release about music and/or voice acting? Royalties?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Give us Metal Gear Solid & Silent Hill Collection 4k Remasters for PS5, stop fucking around Konami!

peronmls

Silent Hill 4 PC version is missing content like hauntings and what not. I would not play this version.
Do not recommend.

Last edited:

peronmls

At £7.19 I'll live.
I mean you don't get the full experience but you'll live obviously. Nothing changes when you go back to your apartment. Your apartment is supposed change as you progress through the game but it doesn't. The progression is ruined and will be boring but "you'll live."

It was also the least "Silent Hill-ish".
It's becuase it was a good Japanese horror take. SH doesnt really matter in the name but the cult will always have intention to resurrect God. Which is Silent Hills actually main story. Walter was a victim of the cult and used to summon God.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Silent hill 4

The most LMAO and Funny of the saga

Its full of Memes

Walter Sullivan for me is one of the best antagonists of the silent hill franchise.

Henry is a laughing character.

Eileen the hottest chick character ....

The nurses burp is one of the funniest things in the game.

It's weird because ghost enemies and baby-headed monsters were disappointing. but it's still a good game.

This game is so good that even have ray tracing in this generation xD

Last edited:

Arachnid

Why 4? The least popular and least...good of the japanese SH games.
Personally, I never agreed with this view. SH4 had the best story in the series after 2, and it was BY FAR the scariest SH game ever made. Being trapped in an SH shaped by the mind of a serial killer and coming upon his murders right after they happened was wild. There's also all the hype around Walter that had been built up ever since he was mentioned in SH2.

SH4 should be experienced by every horror fan IMO. It was a psychological affair that was never hampered by the cult subplot that held back 1 and 3.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Personally, I never agreed with this view. SH4 had the best story in the series after 2, and it was BY FAR the scariest SH game ever made. Being trapped in an SH shaped by the mind of a serial killer and coming upon his murders right after they happened was wild. There's also all the hype around Walter that had been built up ever since he was mentioned in SH2.

SH4 should be experienced by every horror fan IMO. It was a psychological affair that was never hampered by the cult subplot that held back 1 and 3.
Walter Sullivan is fucking awesome… Indeed is one of the best antagonist of Silent Hill...

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Seems suggestive that the rumors are true and there is a new Silent Hill title on the way, let's hope so.

Teslerum

Picked this up on GoG this morning when it was posted on another thread earlier. It is a superior port to the PC than the one that was botched. Yay for not having to mod to get cutscenes over 15FPS.

still excited to mod this game.

Are the cutscenes at 30fps?

Also more importantly is the game itself running at 60fps? Would be huge if it is as that's got normally game breaking bugs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom