• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's happening! Silent Hill 4 PC re-release gets rated by the ESRB

MiguelItUp

Are the cutscenes at 30fps?

Also more importantly is the game itself running at 60fps? Would be huge if it is as that's got normally game breaking bugs.
Cut scenes and game are at 30. There's a mod allows 60, but I read it messes up few things. Something with Henry's combat, and the last boss I believe? Still gonna give the mods a whirl!

Teslerum

Cut scenes and game are at 30. There's a mod allows 60, but I read it messes up few things. Something with Henry's combat, and the last boss I believe? Still gonna give the mods a whirl!

Be aware of compatibility issues though. May be the GOG version already uses adjusted versions of said mods.

Hostile_18

Banned
I mean you don't get the full experience but you'll live obviously. Nothing changes when you go back to your apartment. Your apartment is supposed change as you progress through the game but it doesn't. The progression is ruined and will be boring but "you'll live."

It's becuase it was a good Japanese horror take. SH doesnt really matter in the name but the cult will always have intention to resurrect God. Which is Silent Hills actually main story. Walter was a victim of the cult and used to summon God.

Is this confirmed it's missing? That sounds like a pretty big omission. I wonder why it wasnt there on original release regardless.

TeKtheSanE

Are the cutscenes at 30fps?

Also more importantly is the game itself running at 60fps? Would be huge if it is as that's got normally game breaking bugs.
Okay so the game seems to be hard capped at 30FPS, so it could still have the problems you refer to, it is still a superior port to what we got before.

Which is why I am going to mod it.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Never played this one, always looked extremely janky from the videos I saw. Is it really?
Actually SH 4 the room was going to be a Spin off of the saga, but since they saw many elements commercially they placed it as a sequel game.

The game is good, but I feel that it lacks more terror in the scenes and in the action, Henry will make you laugh at his clumsiness, in fact the game has robotic movements that sometimes make you laugh a lot instead of fear.

But the story and characters are good overall

Top Bottom