• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's official: Nintendo won the Console Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManaByte

Fair point,I do feel like we're getting closer to that. Don't think we're quite there though.
Nah it’s true. And if Nintendo releases the Switch successor that’s BC with the current system it’ll continue to obliterate Sony and MS in sales just due to the $299 price. Nintendo knows that’s the mass market price for a console and it’s why the Series S exists.

DonJorginho

Banned
But under the plastic it's mostly metal.

Tim And Eric Omg GIF

Kacho

Gold Member
And if Nintendo releases the Switch successor that’s BC with the current system it’ll continue to obliterate Sony and MS in sales just due to the $299 price.
I agree but I'm VERY skeptical that they will go with the common sense move. I fully expect Nintendo to stomp all over their sand castle and build a new one.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Unless Sony makes a handheld PS5 that also plays the same console games the big one does, Japan is lost.

Nintendo has won the war just on pure sales alone. Sony and Microsoft are slap fighting for a distant second place.
Japan dont matter in sales , most games they bought were weebo games.

And Microsoft is still in third place unless they actually release good games, which we will see in the future.

mckmas8808

Banned
both Sony and MS are on pc, mobile , and cloud now. As chips get smaller, faster, and cheaper you will see that grow even more. one day all you will need to do is buy a tv that has your Playstation and Xbox apps already preinstalled. A service on all devices is .. with out question ... the way things are headed.

By the year 2200 right? You can't possibly think this will happen in our lifetimes.

ManaByte

I agree but I'm VERY skeptical that they will go with the common sense move. I fully expect Nintendo to stomp all over their sand castle and build a new one.
Nah. They wanted to continue the Wii momentum with the Wii U. It was fully BC but they were stupid with the branding.

They’ll want to continue the Switch train, but they likely learned their lesson with the Wii U and this time they’ll make it crystal clear that it’s an all new system that will still play all your existing games.

Nautilus

Banned
Good write-up. Nintendo seems to get forgotten as they are not making news and acquisitions and their approach doesn’t pull them into fanboy fights. I’m glad for the industry they bounced back after WiiU performed poorly. Their hardware is consistently the top seller globally every month, and often in the US. Gabe N when talking about the Valve Index commented praise for Nintendo on the synergy of putting a game to a hardware.
Yeah.

My biggest worry with this new war, this new age we are entering is that games take a hit in quality because of the new format that they need to adapt to. You are already sering that happen with MS games, that alot if not most of them, are either multiplayer, co op or GAAS experiences.Since Gamepass is MS future going forward, games doesn't need to sell, they need to keep the player engaged and involved with the platform for them to keep paying the sub. And in long term, story driven single player games will suffer.Not now obviously, as we are on the early stages of that change, but it could in the future.

Hell, we are even hearing how Sony wants to focus more on GAAS games.Again, that win't change their short term plans, but could potentially affect in the future for thr worst.

But like I said, we need to wait to see. Hopefully Nintendo remains Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom