• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's the final stretch of 2022. what do you look forward to most in the upcoming year of 2023?

GymWolf

To still have a job by the end of 2023.

5 min ago a client told me that his electricity bill has gone from 1100 euros to 3900 euros, not sure how politicians think that people are still gonna have money and jobs if this shit continue.

Last edited:

Blade2.0

Capitalism taking its final breaths.

nah, that'll probably be 2050.

Real answer is I want to go abroad again and get out of the states. Sometimes I wonder why I ever came back.

Media i'm looking forward to:

1. Forspoken

2. Fire Emblem Engage

3. Suicide Squad Kill The Justice League

4. Seeing the rest of My Hero Academia Season 6

As for life events, I plan to quit gaming next year after spring. Not much else I have in mind though.

Last edited:

NahaNago

I'm looking forward to going on vacation to Japan for a bit longer this time around. Other than that, honestly nothing else. No games or movies that I'm really looking forward to for next year. I'm still buying a couple of games next year but nothing that super hypes me up. I've just been kinda meh on everything lately.

World events aside…
1). Finally getting around to trying out Elden Ring/CyberPunk/Beating RedDeadRedemption2
2). Finish repairs on sailboat ⛵️ to hit the high seas once again
3). Find at least one new band to enjoy listening to. That’s harder than i imagined.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Not dying, keeping my job, isolating my new house from neighbor's noise, being happier overall.

Last edited:
I look forward that 2023 will be completely different than 2022, which was probably the worst year of my life.

2023 = brand new life. I can’t wait.

KO7

Finishing (career-change) school, to be employed again hopefully, and Street Fighter 6.

Later down the road: hopefully owning my own place. Would be nice to date again, but that isn’t a priority at the moment.

Project EVE (can't fucking wait for it)
Fire Emblem Engage
Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth
Tears of the Kingdom
Not having to see my ex at work every day anymore (I'm leaving in March)

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
World events aside…
1). Finally getting around to trying out Elden Ring/CyberPunk/Beating RedDeadRedemption2
2). Finish repairs on sailboat ⛵️ to hit the high seas once again
3). Find at least one new band to enjoy listening to. That’s harder than i imagined.
Weird, I was just thinking about how I tend to find one new band a year and really go deep on them. This past year? King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard. They're great!

levyjl1988

Banned
Not looking forward to WW3 in 2023, but at the rate of what's happening with Russia, desperation would yield the end for everyone. Everyone is going to be playing Fallout but in real life.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Going to Australia to shoot a wedding.
Moving in with my girlfriend
Hopefully a new car

Factions 2
Spider-Man 2

The Last of Us HBO
Fast X: Part 1
Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning Part 1
The Exorcist sequel
John Wick 4

GeekyDad

gandalf%2Bgray%2Bhavens.jpg

JonSnowball

A cataclysmic conclusion to our species, the eventual inescapable end that engulfs us all. Either that, or a sequel to a classic comedy franchise that's devoid of the entertainment of the original. "Austin Powers IV: #MeToo, Baby!"

1. My four year old autistic son hopefully speaking and seeing his progress.
2. My four month old daughter walking and talking
3. Wife finishing her Nurse practitioner
4. Moving out of Pennsylvania and us both getting jobs in New Hampshire
5. TCM game

Top Bottom