• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I've been so stupid this whole time (another self-beating thread)

Amory

It is what it is. Dating in the internet age is, unfortunately, a numbers game. Girls usually have more power of choice in who they spend time with than guys do. And this applies generally, not just for online dating.

There's no point in worrying about it or taking it personally. Put yourself in the position where you're getting approached by potential partners instead of being the one doing the asking. You'd be more selective and choose the one you were most attracted/drawn to.

Look at yourself honestly and assess what you need to work on to make yourself more attractive to girls, and then start doing it. It's great as a starting point that you're able to approach and strike up a conversation. Lots of guys can't even get that far.

In my personal opinion, as hard as it may be, no one should *try* to impress anyone else. You should be who you *are*. It's about self love and acceptance first. How others react to you is out of your control and none of your concern, but if you are genuine - in your own skin - you will at least know the reactions are in response to the real you. (this is not just about romantic type situations either, of course) That will allow foundations for healthy interactions and mutual respect in the connections that really matter in life.

I just want to say you shouldn't feel bad for making this thread to reach out to all of us here to talk about your predicament.

I'm catching this thread before bed, so unfortunately I womt say much right now.

But i hope some of the members we have in this thread make you think differently than what you have to conclude in a negative light.

But thank you for reaching out to us.

I hope you feel better soon, man ❤

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I dont know. I dont think myself as a worthless person, and I think I'm kinda interesting if girls get to know me, but I'm not given any chance for that to happen.
If you are not popular, girls wont give you any chance it's like they assume from minute 1 that you are not worth, or something like that. And doesnt matter how good of a person you are, you are just invisible.

Yes, just like I'm sure you know from minute 1 if you are attracted to a girl or not.

You also need to be attractive in some way, and "good" or "nice" is not attractive. It's a nice quality to have, but is always a side attribute.

If you hate yourself, trust me, other people can tell and no one wants to take on a pity case unless they are looking to exploit you.

You really need to work on self improvement and start finding a real-life community (hobby group, a church, or whatever) that can potentially lead to meeting other people so that your only choice isn't to try to talk to random people on the street and come off as a creep.

Vagswarm

OP isn't necessarily wrong, but there are things you can do to improve your position or whatever:

Get in shape
Get a haircut
Buy nice clothes, shoes & accessories (wardrobe change, not just 2 items)
Maintain good hygiene & wear deodorant
Establish strong / confident posture & body language (shoulders back, head up)
Get a decent car (doesn't hurt, especially if you're young)
Most importantly, leave the house, talk to people and try to do things

As for social skills... they can be learned. Nobody just knows everything about interacting, it comes with practice. Luckily for you, there's a ton of articles out there these days for everything relating to social skills. Practicing will build your confidence although you will act a fool for a while. A big thing to remember is that everyone is focused on themselves and not so much on you, so don't worry how you're coming off and focus on the conversation and them instead.

It may not be "fair" that being nice, unconfident, lazy, and unattractive doesn't work, but that's how it is. Are you going after these qualities yourself in the women you approach? Because neither are women. Most people go after what attracts them first (and sometimes all the way to the end, despite being jerks & cheaters). Usually that's someone who's confident, charming, witty, good looking, etc. Being playful and teasing usually works well. But building a connection is also important.

Last edited:

nush

That's a bit black and white. Sure, don't go stare and drool at yoga pants, but you could meet someone there.

Correct, my dating advice is given based on best/worst case scenarios. Muddying the water with "Well perhaps, if this is the situation, maybe" variables loses the core advice to someone having trouble dating.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Looking back at my high school days. I had multiple girlfriends, but why did they like me? I was exercising every night. I bought nice clothes. I had a job. I had a social life. I focused on myself. I was going to therapy because my parents were divorced. I was very immature and ended up cheating on the girls I met because it would happen again with another girl. As I got older I had to take a break from fantasizing over girls because there weren’t any. It went to my head. I had to focus on things that improved my life. You have to focus on your health, your income, your future, and get a good idea about where you’re headed. I didn’t date or think about girls for 10 years. It took finding a career that motivated me, positive reassurance, and making better choices for myself. I’m not an expert at this whatsoever. I’m lucky for what I have, but it sure as hell didn’t get easy. All those things still apply even after you’re married.

Tinder, bumble work decently well and I wouldn’t consider myself very attractive. If you’re looking for a relationship, it seems like most girls want that on there. Those apps in some ways sort of ruined the chase for me, I’m actually very happy now just being single/doing my own thing and if I’m ever feeling it I just hop on those apps. Try them OP

Last edited:

Scotty W

Gold Member
Most men never realize the power of a loud confident fart. Think about it: their whole lives the only males that fart around women are their Daddy and husband. Are they ashamed? No, they own it. A woman hears a confident fart and instantly thinks ‘husband material.’ I have been proudly farting around women for a while now, and let me tell you, I have been getting some serious attention. Try it! It’s the ultimate panty dropper.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Context: 30 years old, skinny, shy, introvert, virginity regained

Enlightment came to me a few days ago.
I've been recently in a pretty sad streak of being ghosted by girls, which is something I'm relatively used to, but I really wonder why it keeps happening.

I think that having awful social skills and decent self-steem, is that it makes you think it's ok to talk to girls, but in your pursue of trying to look casual and cool in your conversations, it makes you look stupid actually.
And I honestly dont know how to avoid that. I've been told recently that an innocent comment on a story of a girl, I got her blocking me. And that hurts.

I dont know really whats happening. Are the girls I know this entitled, in the sense of thet if they have 0 interest, they dont even want to talk?
(I'm talking about girls from my town and we are not strangers)

Are they personal problems so big that they dont even care about others feelings?

I dont know. I dont think myself as a worthless person, and I think I'm kinda interesting if girls get to know me, but I'm not given any chance for that to happen.
If you are not popular, girls wont give you any chance it's like they assume from minute 1 that you are not worth, or something like that. And doesnt matter how good of a person you are, you are just invisible.

But I say I was idiot this whole time because I failed to realize one thing until now.
Most girls you have no relation with (even if you are known to each other) will think of you as a creep (aka something to avoid) if you open conversation to them casually (unless you are super hot I guess), and that's never the way to go.
It's very hard to catch their attention by talking on social networks. Sucks for shy people and introverts, because in order to have a slight chance, you have to look cool in person and show how people loves you in your circle of friends.
If you are the quiet one, you are discarded almost instantly.

I hate myself.
ebcfac537bd2071d14514cfe5f701cd5.gif

UnNamed

Banned
Being interesting to people ( and so to girls) is never a goal, is a consequence.
Build a better version of you, with new hobbies, sport, social activities, and why not, gym. You'll improve in so many way you won't struggle anymore to relate with people.

Kenpachii

I have a god complex so here's how i look at it from the other side of the pond.

First thing do not hit on girls at gyms. they are at there worst state in those gyms to improve themselves they will absolutely hate you for even looking at there ass and complain about you. it's the reality. U train there like everybody else to improve yourself. Keep your shit to yourself.

giphy.gif

Anyway.

Fix yourself before dating. Girls pick up your shit attitude by just looking in your eyes, look how you dress, look how you take care of yourself, look how you act, look who you socialize with, look at your pofile on any webpage u ever posted on woman figure this shit out in milliseconds and move on before u even open your mouth or know u want to talk to her . U gotta be confident, and u gotta showcase that they have something to gain from dating with you. travel / new experiences / whatever else and have to inspire.

- Like people say. hit the gym, do this for a year and go hard on it. have goals and improve. Don't do it for a chick, do it for yourself.

images

Train that skinny ass

this 75 old midget looks better then u, u will show him how you look like in your prime and make him look like your bitch.

3ea35dfd5bfcd64e73f9686ec51600ad.jpg

- Sign up for events like mud trails or whatever and see if more people go, so u can form groups ( u will start to socialize ). Have no group to go with, join a group while u are there and just say friends bailed on me so i am alone can i join you guys!. Dam sure they will let you.

And don't hold back because u are not fit enough. this fucking guy was fit enough so are you. its time to die.

mm2.jpg

And what do i see here?

3b685d68-9d1b-11eb-907a-0217670beecd.jpg

oZgugyV.jpeg
tenor.gif

U can even talk with them. talk about how shit the fucking day is, how bad the first obstacle was. how long its still to go and how great they are doing and boom score some hits while u are at it. Or tell them what your next thing is going to be and ask if they also go there or are interested. Boom date inc.

- See if there are running clubs or whatever else, start doing that so u can socialize with people while u train and they train, or bike club or whatever where people gather.

600_406763752.jpeg

ThinkstockPhotos-78811674.jpg

tenor.gif

- have more goals!!!! and more goals!!!! and do more team sports, team anything.

hell helping out at a festival, not for the money but for the feeeeemalesssss

glastonbury-sign-2019.jpg

tenor.gif

2018-rize-festival-volunteering_hotbox-events-staff-and-volunteer-056_1000x500-960x480.jpg

tenor.gif

Train more, become more confident and start doing triathlon

1562407077273.jpg--.jpg

tenor.gif

then 2 years later u read your post and you are like

Enlightment came to me a few days ago.
I've been recently in a pretty sad streak of being ghosted by girls, which is something I'm relatively used to, but I really wonder why it keeps happening.

I think that having awful social skills and decent self-steem, is that it makes you think it's ok to talk to girls, but in your pursue of trying to look casual and cool in your conversations, it makes you look stupid actually.
And I honestly dont know how to avoid that. I've been told recently that an innocent comment on a story of a girl, I got her blocking me. And that hurts.

I dont know really whats happening. Are the girls I know this entitled, in the sense of thet if they have 0 interest, they dont even want to talk?
(I'm talking about girls from my town and we are not strangers)

Are they personal problems so big that they dont even care about others feelings?

But I say I was idiot this whole time because I failed to realize one thing until now.
Most girls you have no relation with (even if you are known to each other) will think of you as a creep (aka something to avoid) if you open conversation to them casually (unless you are super hot I guess), and that's never the way to go.
It's very hard to catch their attention by talking on social networks. Sucks for shy people and introverts, because in order to have a slight chance, you have to look cool in person and show how people loves you in your circle of friends.
If you are the quiet one, you are discarded almost instantly.

I hate myself.

dont think myself as a worthless person, but I'm not given any chance for that to happen

It's very hard to catch their attention by talking on social networks

I hate myself.

tenor.gif

lets get back to

maxresdefault.jpg

OpenDistantAntarcticgiantpetrel-max-1mb.gif

take-an-all-womens-adventure-vacation.jpg

tenor.gif

women-group-parking-lot.jpg

tenor.gif

Feel down? That's the time i perform the best, it means your body is maximum rested your mind is lazy we can go even harder now. More more more more more.

Ali-how-great-i-am.jpg

Your world will move from:

500_F_13040136_gR7SFaLw2PPuW1P5FRqFFxUIpWR7mnwI.jpg

To

1-dakterras.jpg

Last edited:

Vagswarm

First thing do not hit on girls at gyms. they are at there worst state in those gyms to improve themselves they will absolutely hate you for even looking at there ass and complain about you. it's the reality. U train there like everybody else to improve yourself. Keep your shit to yourself.
Disagree with this (somewhat). The gym is not the worst place, especially with working out being a common interest. But don't go to the gym with the intent of hitting on girls, and don't just stare at them. And don't expect long conversations. If they say hi and seem approachable, it doesn't hurt to say hi and be friendly then follow their cue's (*but don't follow them around like a lost puppy or remain in their area). Especially since saying "hi" and making a little casual conversation with people should be a main focus in becoming more social. You can't just read about it, you have to actively practice it. And women are very social creatures who like to talk and do look at a man's status (even if it's all perception, which you will find is all that matters).

When women find you attractive, they will lead you in subtle ways and want to be around you. And if you are both regulars, which I'm sure you will meet some, then it will become a natural thing that you get to know each other on some level as time goes on. No harm there. You'll find it's really not as bad as you think it is when it comes to flirting and dating once you improve and get out there. It usually happens quickly and naturally.

The main thing is not to approach with intent at a gym, like you would at a bar or party. Don't even go in with that idea at all. I would recommend doing this in general -- just do you and put yourself out there, and if an opportunity arises, go for it. Otherwise you will be desperate and disappointed (and clingy if you actually find someone, thinking this is the last / only one and has to work). Just have fun and do things outside. If someone seems busy, focused, or unapproachable, don't interrupt them -- go for people who are open and available. Double time for places like the gym.

Where a lot of men mess up is being too forward and aggressive and hanging around too long. This will backfire at a place like a gym. Be more cool / chill and confident (even in your walk), be friendly, chat people up, have a good time, keep it casual, etc. If you find someone attractive throw in some subtle flirting to see how they respond. If they like you, they will reciprocate. Or they will be the ones to approach you and give you signs first. If not, back away and don't keep trying unless they have a change heart (this happens a lot). It doesn't hurt to have someone know you find them attractive -- everyone has an ego and wants to be desired.

For the most part I would recommend you do the approaching, and let them do the chasing.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Disagree with this (somewhat). The gym is not the worst place, especially with working out being a common interest. But don't go to the gym with the intent of hitting on girls, and don't just stare at them. And don't expect long conversations. If they say hi and seem approachable, it doesn't hurt to say hi and be friendly then follow their cue's (*but don't follow them around like a lost puppy or remain in their area). Especially since saying "hi" and making a little casual conversation with people should be a main focus in becoming more social. You can't just read about it, you have to actively practice it. And women are very social creatures who like to talk and do look at a man's status (even if it's all perception, which you will find is all that matters).

When women find you attractive, they will lead you in subtle ways and want to be around you. And if you are both regulars, which I'm sure you will meet some, then it will become a natural thing that you get to know each other on some level as time goes on. No harm there. You'll find it's really not as bad as you think it is when it comes to flirting and dating once you improve and get out there. It usually happens quickly and naturally.

The main thing is not to approach with intent at a gym, like you would at a bar or party. Don't even go in with that idea at all. I would recommend doing this in general -- just do you and put yourself out there, and if an opportunity arises, go for it. Otherwise you will be desperate and disappointed (and clingy if you actually find someone, thinking this is the last / only one and has to work). Just have fun and do things outside. If someone seems busy, focused, or unapproachable, don't interrupt them -- go for people who are open and available. Double time for places like the gym.

Where a lot of men mess up is being too forward and aggressive and hanging around too long. This will backfire at a place like a gym. Be more cool / chill and confident (even in your walk), be friendly, chat people up, have a good time, keep it casual, etc. If you find someone attractive throw in some subtle flirting to see how they respond. If they like you, they will reciprocate. Or they will be the ones to approach you and give you signs first. If not, back away and don't keep trying unless they have a change heart (this happens a lot). It doesn't hurt to have someone know you find them attractive -- everyone has an ego and wants to be desired.

For the most part I would recommend you do the approaching, and let them do the chasing.

U are right, the problem is if you read his opening post he probably doesn't understand that and he will get booted and blacklisted and be called a creep crawl up in a ball again regress by not going anymore to the gym and hate himself. The guy has no social skill.

This is why u should avoid stuff like this in gyms. Gym = you work place its your safe space. Hitting on chicks = other places.

This is why i state leave girls alone in gyms, it will backfire if you go after them. If they decide to say something u say something back or make small talk when THEY start it. Then it's natural. And saying hi is never a bad thing obviously, but like u say stay to long around them and it becomes a issue and the guys world will implode even faster overnight.

Hell even saying hi can create issue's, i would just say ignore them entirely like they don't even exist. And work on yourself.

Last edited:

Rickyiez

Most of the time it's not your issue, girls from the internet that have even a little attention given to them can be very self entitled. The most important thing I realized is instead of looking from social networks or dating app, try to broaden your network like joining group activities of your interest. Keyword "interest" here, there's no point getting know girls that don't have common topic in conversation.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Go to church. Lots of horny girls in church. Mostly sarcasm. I'll echo what others have said. Get in some kind of shape. You don't have to look like Arnold in his prime but putting on 10 pounds would do wonders. I can attest to this first hand. Since you're still relatively young you should get some newbie gains rather easily. Consume lots of protein. Lots. It's not just about the physical attractiveness of extra muscle. You'll feel better about yourself by leaps and bounds. That's the big thing.

Vagswarm

Go to church. Lots of horny girls in church. Mostly sarcasm. I'll echo what others have said. Get in some kind of shape. You don't have to look like Arnold in his prime but putting on 10 pounds would do wonders. I can attest to this first hand. Since you're still relatively young you should get some newbie gains rather easily. Consume lots of protein. Lots. It's not just about the physical attractiveness of extra muscle. You'll feel better about yourself by leaps and bounds. That's the big thing.
Ah, you are right. Nutrition and exercise go hand in hand. I found it very difficult to make progress while eating like crap. It doesn't fill you up and it's easy to over-consume, and has more calories than decent food. Chicken, fish, and vegetables are your friend.

Kenpachii

A bit offtopic, but maybe the op has something about it. Gives him a better perspective maybe about stuff.

I talked a lot with people like the OP, people that look down on themselves. think the world is a place of nightmares because they feel incredible bad about themselves and everything they see is negative.

The reality in my world vision is different. The world isn't a nightmare, its a game. its fun, it has endless opportunity's forever. The questions is just when do you grab on and start to move forwards.

I have been in a dark spot when my mother died from cancer, and i had to fed for myself. my world crumbled, my long term vision got destroyed overnight as i knew i could die the same way if it happened to me why even bother, thought the world was a dark hole. I realized far to late that its your own brain that makes these assumptions and reality and the funny fact is that realization started when i got in a bike accident and through welp this is it, nobody cares anyway and suddenly the whole world stopped in front of me even a group of people i had no respect for and always looked down on ( like i said before, i have a god complex i see everybody as pets ), they all stopped they all helped even in the hospital i saw people show up out of nowhere, hell some people called up how i was doing i never spoke with since forever and asked if i wanted to come by sometime after i recovered.

I realized one thing. Its not me vs the world. Its me vs me. And u realize u are a god in your own world of perception.

Your brain is your enemy. The matrix is real. And this is not a joke. I am dead serious. Everybody's world = different. U all live in different worlds of different assumptions different experiences which creates there own reality's in different time periods even while we share the same space, u think different things about a object we see in the same space. Why? because experiences.

For example.

500_F_13040136_gR7SFaLw2PPuW1P5FRqFFxUIpWR7mnwI.jpg

How do you look at this picture? OP will see a depressed person that's a loser. Why? because that's what he trained his brain to see. U know this by how he writes, "i hate myself".

What do i see? I see a guy that got a good day of working done as he looks tired and just wants to get home to sleep so he can go beast mode tomorrow again or prepares for some tournament.

How does a fat guy look at him? fuck i wish i was him, my life sucks.

The guy didn't change, the location didn't change what changes is the person that looks at it. the difference is each world perception.

Once u realize this, u realize that your brain is your biggest enemy and that u need to train it. The fact he look down on himself is not because of people around him, its because of his own perception of what the world looks like.

I think about things a lot.

I see colors, i have no clue if you see the same colors, i see a tree in my garden, a tree u will never see in your life. yet i see it. It changes me, different from you. I see people live there lives around me all with there own biases there own idea's there own goals.

U can see a loser here, can't even afford a car, da faq are you biking on. pathetic.

D7P06G7WkAE3u6X.jpg

Reality, he rules trade in europe, rules a country, and sits at meetings with every world leader + is buddy of a king. There is nobody more successful in our country then he is. Doesn't look like it does it? Why? because your perception that's getting created by experiences.

U will realize soon after, the world isn't your enemy, the world is a game and if you stop at level 1, u will never reach 2.

Life is short. the clock keeps ticking. that tree in front of your house saw your uncle die, even while he didn't though much of that tree when he grow up, it outlived him.

He's 30 years old, its his prime. he can do whatever the fuck he wants. Lots of people out there that will support you, lots of people that will be motivated by you. Become better, become a example and finally become a motivator.

I motivated tons of people, i am a extreme positive person, i bend there world views into positivity over night. How? its all perception. Nothing is bad everything is good. U lost your house? doesn't matter, it just means u got the experience of owning one, now u can move on and get back there way quicker then before. Nothing is negative everything is positive.Bad experiences = experience = good.

Your bike breaks? good shit, U trained so hard that thing just snapped imagine how far U moved forwards to even be able to do this. Instead of thinking why did it break the universe hates me, nothing can go well fuck me.

Hell i even motivated my own mother when she was dying on the most horrible way from cancer that ate her brain away day by day. how? atleast u can say goodbye to the people u love in all ways u want, if you hitted a tree with a car and died instantly u couldn't do that. so u actually got lucky.

Another thing i realized faster then anything else is that people don't even live in the same time in space, animals don't, tree's don't nothing does, A girl that's 30 year old will only think about one thing kids before its to late. She will wake up, see her friends have relationships on facebook and get kids get married + travel and thinks of herself as a loser. When she looks at a guy she doesn't look at boyfriend material she thinks of her future husband + financial security + make daddy proud + kids + growing old + doing stuff like travel ( she gives zero fuck if you are a foto model or not ). while that guy just wants a girlfriend with a nice ass., the girl is already 3 stages further and basically is already a decade further in time over you. Still same age.

Most of my firends that are ugly as fuck, got hot girlfriends why? they give all the above.

If you think your world as guy is bad. Wait until u start to realize how shit it would have been if you are a chick that's 30+ years old, can't get a relationship for shit and see's no husband material, u get older and competition with younger girls becomes harder and harder, parents nagging because they wanna see her get kids every fucking time they call / visit / birthday.. Nobody interested in you besides a bunch of dick pick losers with no future and the clock never stops ticking.

teen_depression.jpg
Clock.gif
tenor.gif

U know the saying, its always greener on the other side of the hill. Yet it never is.

I spoke with a italian guy once, that was my boss at the time. he was rebooting a company he bought up in my country in order to make it succesful and pushed me further while he didn't had too. he told me one thing.

If you can't make it in your own country, u will not make it in another country. The reason he ruled over my world was because he was more motivated then i was nothing else another thing he said at one point.

He was successful, had millions on his bank account. I was nothing. Yet he went bankrupt. he slept on my couch one day because he couldn't go anywhere else as he called up. he moved a day after back to italia. I sended him a christmas package with foods etc that year. why? i was thinking about him and his wife and kid, and was like lets send one.

5 years later, i got a letter from him. he basically stated that package pulled him forwards when he was at its lowest as his wife left him. with a huge story about how he was doing. that 50 bucks of mine, was probably worth millions for him.

Took me zero efforts, as it was just another christmas package as i sended like 30 out anyway. It made the world of a difference for him.

Why did i do this? experience. We are all people with feelings no matter what amount of cash u got on your bank account or what grade u think u are in. I learned this from my mother when she rented a house of hers for free to a neighbor that was in a dire spot. And years later she got a message from that person, that the only reason that person was still walking on the earth was because of that.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
All i see in your OP is you blaming them for your failings. Would you want to date you if you were a girl?

you over think things, you can’t even describe your self nicely, and you talk about people as if they owe you something. That’s not a winning combination.

work or yourself. Become something you yourself like, and can talk proudly about, and the rest will fall into place.

Last edited:

nush

The reality in my world vision is different. The world isn't a nightmare, its a game. its fun, it has endless opportunity's forever. The questions is just when do you grab on and start to move forwards.

I have been in a dark sport when my mother died from cancer, and i had to fed for myself. my world crumbled, my long term vision got destroyed overnight as i knew i could die the same way if it happened to me why even bother, thought the world was a dark hole. I realized far to late that its your own brain that makes these assumptions and reality and the funny fact is that realization started when i got in a bike accident and through welp this is it, nobody cares anyway and suddenly the whole world stopped in front of me even a group of people i had no respect for and always looked down on ( like i said before, i have a god complex i see everybody as pets ), they all stopped they all helped even in the hospital i saw people show up out of nowhere, hell some people called up how i was doing i never spoke with since forever and asked if i wanted to come by sometime after i recovered.

I realized one thing. Its not me vs the world. Its me vs me. And u realize u are a god in your own world of perception.

So much knowledge dropped in one paragraph. Anyone that's walked this path knows how deep this hits and it's only yourself that can really get you on the right direction.

Ellery

I really hope OP reads Kenpachii's post. I love the part about perspective. We probably all have heard phrases like "don't give up", "believe in yourself", "be better than you were yesterday, don't try to be better than other people" and so on.

This one is a lot better than that. You will always be the person you need to overcome first and when you look back on overcoming challenges you will realize that those are the actual good times that excite you.

Top Bottom