• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jak X: Combat Racing movies

Graphics looks good. I've always liked the arcade racers with weapons so this one has been on my radar. I still kind of wish the Jak series would have followed the original game a bit more. Jak II really turned be off, enough to never even try Jak III.

Zeo

Banned
Fun game. Ignore the haters. Nothing amazing so far, but I think people are forgetting the awesomeness that was Crash Team Racing.

I have faith this will be great.

So it's like they've taken the racing part of Jak 3 and made a game out of it. I'm sensing disaster. The whole Jak series has enough haters and detractors and this isn't going to help the case for it at all.

That being said, I'll probably pick it up for $20. I may as well complete the set.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Zeo said:
Fun game.
Based on what? The beta was a snore. When you've got vehicular combat/racing games like Wipeout and Twisted Metal coming from the same company, this doesn't measure up.

M3Freak

Banned
I've been part of the beta testing for the online component.

It's not bad, but not exactly earth shattering either.

Zen

Banned
I'm not sure why there's been so much hate against Jak lately. Personally I can not see one way in which R&C is the better series. Jak III may have been a linear experience, but character, plot, gameplay depth, level design, technical design, musical score, all these thing Jak has always done better then R&C. Technically, it's not really a matter of opinion. When it comes to things like story, character, enemy design and level design, I'd love to hear an arguement contrary to my view, because I can't understand the appeal of the R&C series.

teiresias

R&C had a very good light-hearted "3D Contra" kind of feel to it in the first two games. By the third game though, I felt it was stale with too little innovation in the gameplay and I didn't even finish R&C3. At least Jak had the storyline to get me through all three games (on top of the great production values), and IMO, the improved gameplay balance the third game provided over the second.

Top Bottom