• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

James Gunn's The Suicide Squad series goes to order

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
He's writing all 8 episodes

Gunn and The Suicide Squad producer Peter Safran will serve as executive producers of the series, with Cena as co-executive producer.

Peacemaker will be produced by Gunn’s Troll Court Entertainment and The Safran Company in association with Warner Bros. Television. Peacemaker is scheduled to begin production in early 2021, prior to Gunn beginning work on the next Guardians of the Galaxy film.

oagboghi2

no one's seen it yet. Plus it's by James Gunn. I trust his ability to make good stuff.
I've seen the first one, and the blatant whoring of this franchise has already turned me off.

What's next? A musical, a radio show, you know they have a f2p mobile game in the works. Where is the suicide squad cartoon with the limited edition suicide squad uniforms that glow in the dark?

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I've seen the first one, and the blatant whoring of this franchise has already turned me off.

What's next? A musical, a radio show, you know they have a f2p mobile game in the works. Where is the suicide squad cartoon with the limited edition suicide squad uniforms that glow in the dark?

But... Gunn didn't do the first one. It's a soft reboot/sequel.

Woo-Fu

Banned

If they're entertaining, who gives a fuck about the whoring? Oh right, the hipsters who think they were into it before everybody else.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Going by the first movie so far, they aren't entertaining
It made enough money to drive production on all the other projects. Looking at the figures it brought in roughly twice what it cost to create and market. It wouldn't have made that money without a lot of people finding it worthwhile entertainment.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
First movie was so shit I refuse to see anything else in the franchise

yeah y’all got my $15 doesn’t mean I thought the movie was good. Typically you buy a ticket before you see the movie

oagboghi2

It made enough money to drive production on all the other projects. Looking at the figures it brought in roughly twice what it cost to create and market. It wouldn't have made that money without a lot of people finding it worthwhile entertainment.
I never said SS didn't make money. Just that I'm tired of Warner's bros driving this franchise down my throat.

Mind you, a franchise that yet to make anything good.

mortal

Gold Member
But... Gunn didn't do the first one. It's a soft reboot/sequel.
I believe he means he's simply grown tired of seeing the frequent use of Sucide Squad characters and dynamic. What with the first film, this soft reboot, the new video game, etc.
James Gunn's take might certainly be entertaining by its own merits, but I understand sentiment to an extent.

Top Bottom