• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan DS & PSP SW - LTD

Rock_Man

Dalthien said:
94,012 Kahashima Ryuuta Kyouju Kanshuu Nou Chikara Trainer Portable (Sega) (10/20/05) - through Nov 13/05 (Media Create)

Famtisu´s number for the same time period is 111,203.
Prediction: This will be the biggest PSP title of 2005 in Japan.

Dalthien

Well - I've updated all the totals again through the latest charts (1st post - 1st page). I've been busy of late, so I hadn't updated for a few weeks. Anyway, everything is up-to-date again.

Edit - I should note that I combined the sales for Hot Shots Golf with the recently released 'PSP the Best' version. Famitsu tracks them as two different totals - but I figure it is the same game - just different pricing and packaging. So I combined the sales total.

Dalthien

Wow - I was just looking at my own totals, and the DS has now sold 5,000,000 more pieces of software than the PSP. That's crazy.

It's weird because the PSP hardware has been selling fairly well (if you don't compare it to the DS), but the software sales have just been horrible.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Are those tie ratios right? Wasn't everyone saying that the PSP tie ratio was quite a bit higher than the DS', even if actual hardware/software sales were lower? I believe that's what the Sonybots were saying. ;p

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Mejilan said:
Are those tie ratios right? Wasn't everyone saying that the PSP tie ratio was quite a bit higher than the DS', even if actual hardware/software sales were lower? I believe that's what the Sonybots were saying. ;p
Maybe they were talking about the US?

Dalthien

Mejilan said:

They should be very close. There will be some small games missing, and any game which hasn't charted for a while will be missing those few sales since it last charted, but to fall off the charts, the sales have to fall below about 3,000 per week, or about 5,000 per month (for the monthly top 100 chart). So any residual sales will be quite small and fairly insignificant to the totals. I suspect that the tie ratio for each system is probably higher by 0.05 - 0.10 than what is included in my chart.

The interesting thing is that the PSP tie ratio has actually fallen over the past few months. And obviously, with the Brain Trainings, Jump Superstars, Nintendogs, Animal Crossing, Tamogotchi, etc. - the DS tie ratio has risen quite a bit from the summer until now - even with the huge hardware sales.

donny2112

Mejilan said:

In the Spring (i.e. before Nintendogs), that was the case. After Nintendogs, the DS has been slowly rising and the PSP has been slowly falling (decent hardware sales, if you don't compare it to the DS, but pathetic software sales being the culprit). Anyone who recently said what you mentioned is probably just hanging onto a leftover idea from the Spring.

littlewig

Banned
I think only about 7 of the top 15 were actually developed by Nintendo, the rest were just published by them or by another third party.

Dalthien

I updated the chart again with the numbers from the Top 100 chart for November, which updated the totals for a number of titles which didn't make the Top 30 chart for the final week of November.

Thanks again for the charts CVXFREAK.

Rock_Man

Here are some numbers from Famitsu top 30:

PSP Sangokushi V 15,619 april 17
PSP Shutokou Battle: Zone of Control 29,922 may 8
PSP Dora Slot 2: Suyaku wa Zenigata 14,284 may 15
PSP Derby Time 49,408 may 22
NDS Bomberman 11,859 may 29
PSP Legend of Hero Gagharv Trilogy: Shizuku 15,604 june 12
NDS Jissen Pachislot Hisshouhou Hokutonoken DS 18,305 june 19
PSP Coded Arms 23420 july 10
PSP School Rumble: Anesan Jiken Desu! 6250 july 10

Dalthien

I've updated the chart again (first post of the thread has the complete list of titles). Big-time thanks go to cvxfreak for his help once again, and to Rock-Man for getting me off my ass to go back and go through the old charts to fill in a few of the smaller titles which I missed from the spring. By the way, here is a quick recap of the major milestones which have been reached in the past month:

Recent Notable Achievements:

DS - Oide yo Doubutsu no Mori (Animal Crossing: Wild World) (Nintendo) surpassed 1,350,000 (as of Jan 1/06)
DS - Kahashima Ryuuta Kyouju no Nouo Kitaeru Otona DS Training (Nintendo) surpassed 1,150,000 (as of Jan 1/06)
DS - Nintendogs: Shiba / Chihuahua / Dachshund & Friends (Nintendo) surpassed 950,000 (as of Dec 25/05)
DS - Yawaraka Atamajuku (Nintendo) surpassed 900,000 (as of Jan 1/06)
DS - Sawaru Made in Wario (WarioWare: Touched!) (Nintendo) surpassed 850,000 (as of Dec 25/05)
DS - Super Mario 64 DS (Nintendo) surpassed 800,000 (as of Dec 25/05)
DS - Mario Kart DS (Nintendo) surpassed 800,000 (as of Jan 1/06)
DS - Tamagotchi no PuchiPuchi Omisecchi (Tamagotchi Connection: Corner Shop) (Bandai) surpassed 750,000 (as of Jan 1/06)
DS - Pokemon Fushigi no Dungeon: Ao no Kyuujotai (Nintendo) surpassed 550,000 (as of Jan 1/06)
DS - Jump! Super Stars (Nintendo) surpassed 450,000 (as of Dec 25/05)
DS - Kahashima Ryuuta Kyouju Kanshuu: Motto Nou o Kitaeru Otona DS Training (Nintendo) surpassed 400,000 (as of Jan 1/06)
DS - Daredemo Asobi Taizen (Nintendo) surpassed 300,000 (as of Dec 25/05)
DS - Pokemon Torouze (Pokemon Trozei) (Nintendo) surpassed 200,000 (as of Dec 25/05)
DS - Slime MoriMori: Dragon Quest 2 - Daisensha to Shippo Dan (Square Enix) surpassed 150,000 (as of Dec 25/05)
DS - Dragon Ball Z: Bukuu Ressen (Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2) (Bandai) surpassed 150,000 (as of Dec 25/05)
DS - Super Princess Peach (Nintendo) surpassed 100,000 (as of Dec 25/05)
DS - Mario & Luigi RPG 2x2 (Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time) (Nintendo) surpassed 100,000 (as of Jan 1/06)

PSP - Monster Hunter Portable (Monster Hunter Freedom) (Capcom) surpassed 200,000 (as of Dec 18/05)
PSP - World Soccer Winning Eleven 9: Ubiquitous Edition (World Soccer Winning Eleven 9) (Konami) surpassed 200,000 (as of Dec 25/05)
PSP - Kahashima Ryuuta Kyouju Kanshuu Nou Chikara Trainer Portable (Sega) surpassed 150,000 (as of Dec 11/05)

GBA - Pocket Monsters Ruby & Sapphire (Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire) (Nintendo) surpassed 5,300,000 (as of Dec 25/05)
GBA - Pokemon Emerald (Nintendo) surpassed 1,650,000 (as of Dec 25/05)
GBA - Famicom Mini: Super Mario Bros. (Classic NES Series: Super Mario Bros.) (Nintendo) surpassed 1,000,000 (as of Dec 25/05)
GBA - Kouchuu Ouja: Mushi King (Sega) surpassed 600,000 (as of Dec 25/05)
GBA - Pokemon Fushigi na Dungeon: Aka no Kyuujoutai (Nintendo) surpassed 500,000 (as of Dec 25/05)
GBA - RockMan EXE 6: Dennoujuu Grega / Faltzer (Mega Man Battle Network) (Capcom) surpassed 400,000 (as of Dec 25/05)
GBA - Mario Tennis Advance (Mario Tennis: Power Tour) (Nintendo) surpassed 100,000 (as of Dec 25/05)
GBA - Final Fantasy IV Advance (Square Enix) surpassed 100,000 (as of Dec 25/05)

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
By comparison I think Gyakuten Saiban 3 sold about 115K and Slime Mori Mori Dragon Quest sold 280K. I dunno if anyone has more up-to-date sales, but those are the totals I have for those games.

Top Bottom