• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JarekTheGamingDragon: Killzone Mercenary - PSVita's Best Game

Vlodril

Killzone has one of the best back stories. They should retcon Shadowfall. Go back to the First Extra Solar War where we play as the Helghan.

It does have a great backstory that you never actually get to see in game. It didn't help we always played as ISA (?) and they are shown again and again to be huge assholes. Both sides kinda suck but helgans at least have some pretty compelling reasons for doing so.

Also the series has not 1 but 2 fantastic speeches by scholar visari (still one of my favorite intro's).

cireza

They spelled Phantasy Stat Nova wrong.

81Y2+v4ephL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Kupfer

Yep, KZ:M is a good game, especially for a portable game. I had a lot of fun playing through it and missed the gyroaim in PS4 shooters afterwards.
But the best Vita game? Maybe the best first person shooter. Basically Killzone does nothing different than other fps on "real" consoles.

I can think of a few games for the Vita that I would consider better because they are more innovative. I'm looking towards Gravity Rush and Tearaway.

I just platinumed this game on Thursday after 7 years and 10 months. Definitely enjoyable, but it doesn’t make my Vita Top 10 (below for anyone curious, and in order).

Hotline Miami, P4G, Tearaway, Dragon’s Crown, Bastion, Shovel Knight, Undertale, Hot Shots Golf World Invitational, Sound Shapes, Resogun.

i thought Tearaway was the best game.

I did enjoy playing multiplayer Killzone tho. Assassins Creed Liberation wasn't a great game. But it was cool to get a real AC game on portable

SilentUser

Gravity Rush and Tearaway are superior games, imo. Killzone Mercenary is a great title, though. Awesome graphics, perfect fps gameplay.

Doom85

Best Vita game? Chie disagrees!

persona tsun GIF

Nah, it’s cool, you do you, but really Persona 4 Golden for me was my favorite Vita game. Took a game that was already in my top 10 of all time and added a lot of fun content (my only issue was the epilogue was too much, the original True Ending was perfect as it was).

ParaSeoul

Best Vita game? Chie disagrees!

persona tsun GIF

Nah, it’s cool, you do you, but really Persona 4 Golden for me was my favorite Vita game. Took a game that was already in my top 10 of all time and added a lot of fun content (my only issue was the epilogue was too much, the original True Ending was perfect as it was).
He addressed this in the video lol

stranno

Killzone is certainly among the best of the system. But, imo, Golden Abyss is a far more groundbreaking title. It was probably the first game ever developed for the system and, still, it had the best graphics of the system. Bend Studio did a gods job with, probably, zero support from Naughty Dog.

Resistance Burning Skies is also one of my favourite games of the system and the second best game in the series, after Resistance 2. Also one of the first games ever developed for Next Generation Portable, back then. Unfortunately they stripped out a lot of features.

Last edited:
Top Bottom