• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jason Schreier on Tom Henderson's GTAVI report "everything about the game matches up with what I've heard"

DonJorginho

Banned

What Tom said:

Tom Henderson--who previously leaked Call of Duty and Battlefield 2042 details--has released a new video and in it, he claimed that GTA 6 will be set in a modern-day version of Vice City. This runs contrary to previous reports that GTA 6 would be set in the 1980s, with Henderson claiming that developer Rockstar wants to ensure as much freedom as possible for its staff when it comes to creating content for GTA Online

Henderson also discussed a potential for the GTA 6 map to change over time, similar to how Epic Games regularly overhauls its Fortnite map during end-of-season events. There was also a mention of GTA 6 having multiple playable characters, something which GTA 5 introduced to the series when it first came out. Even if these rumors are true, fans are going to be in for a long wait due to several factors. Henderson said that Rockstar has placed a greater emphasis on employee wellbeing in the wake of several reports detailing the crunch work conditions that were implemented before Red Dead Redemption 2 came out.

The new GTA is believed to be coming to the PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC and, as they are new to the market, Rockstar is allegedly waiting for more systems to be sold so as to maximize sales. Henderson also added that since Rockstar wants to avoid delaying the game, GTA 6 won't be announced early and thanks to the constant revenue stream of GTA 5, Rockstar has the luxury of being able to take its time with development on this sequel.

Original Thread surrounding Tom Henderson's Report

Last edited:

amigastar

Weazel news: GTA 6 is not coming for old console generation and greater emphasis on employee wellbeing at Rockstar.

Last edited:

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
Can't wait for the sequel to this masterpiece

uVQuBBT.png

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
R* has always been very giving, and GTA has been #1 for the better apart of the decade but everyone agrees that now is time for GTA6. You have to have at least one GTA in the first three years of a generation.
take that mic drop GIF by WWE

Kuranghi

R* has always been very giving, and GTA has been #1 for the better apart of the decade but everyone agrees that now is time for GTA6. You have to have at least one GTA in the first three years of a generation.
take that mic drop GIF by WWE

Please for the love of my sanity do a linebreak before inserting an image. I don't want to be over dramatic but seeing that inline image makes me want to immolate myself.

SNPlayen

Hopefully Rockstar release something else before hand if true. I’m not one for remakes of everything but I’ve been replaying RDR2 and I would love a RDR1 remake.

demigod

If the weasel heard this, then he should've put it out first instead of clinging to Henderson's coattails for clout.
This has been his mantra since last gen. He will come out and say “yes i heard this too” or “i can confirm” after someone breaks the news. Like bitch shut the fuck up.

Droxcy

This about to be the last GTA ever and just be constantly expanded upon like GTA 5 MP.

The expanding map I'm sure they'll make all the maps re-imagined, and connect them together via flight or what have you i'm beyond stoked for whenever we see or here official news about this game.

Cravis

So GTA V was released in 2013.... You're telling me 12 years later we'll finally see the sequel. Excuse me, sorry, 13 years later because we all know Rockstar NEVER makes their initial release date. It ALWAYS gets delayed a quarter or two.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
All this Jason hate is bizarre because he had literally indirectly reported this back in 2018 in his RDR2 expose. He talked about how all 7 Rockstar studios, ALL 3000+ rockstar employees worked on RDR2. There was no second team working on GTA6 like they did back when they released rdr 1 sandwiched between gta4 and gtav.

The fact that its been 3 years since RDR2 and we havent seen a single screenshot of GTA6 proves that Jason was right about RDR2. And that it will take gta6 at least 5 years to make.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
All this Jason hate is bizarre because he had literally indirectly reported this back in 2018 in his RDR2 expose. He talked about how all 7 Rockstar studios, ALL 3000+ rockstar employees worked on RDR2. There was no second team working on GTA6 like they did back when they released rdr 1 sandwiched between gta4 and gtav.

The fact that its been 3 years since RDR2 and we havent seen a single screenshot of GTA6 proves that Jason was right about RDR2. And that it will take gta6 at least 5 years to make.

If I throw a man off of a speeding train with broken brakes, I'm indirectly saving him from a fiery death, but he's still breaking several bones. Even a broken clock is right twice a day,, and it just keeps making noise for the rest of the time. Schreier is a rat.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
If I throw a man off of a speeding train with broken brakes, I'm indirectly saving him from a fiery death, but he's still breaking several bones. Even a broken clock is right twice a day,, and it just keeps making noise for the rest of the time. Schreier is a rat.
broken clock implies hes wrong more often than not. what was he wrong about? i keep seeing this in every single jason piece but he ends being proven right time after time.

- TLOU 2 development troubles. months before launch, He literally called out how they had to scrap entire sections because the focus testing showed that the new characters (abby and her crew) were not focus testing well with the audience. this forum fucking hates abby and the last of us 2. you would think they would look at jason's article and admit he got it right.

- cyberpunk development troubles. again, months before launch, he wrote an article about how the game wasnt ready and cd project was mandating 6 day 12 hour days. yet he received the same criticism hes receiving now.

- sony bend and days gone 2. he got a lot of flack for saying days gone 2 was cancelled and that sony bend was working on a new IP. especially after the Jaffe interview. Well, sony literally confirmed that sony bend was working on a new IP. Right again.

i am not a fan of the guy. I think hes an idiot, but there is no denying he's got sources and he gets things right almost all the time.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
broken clock implies hes wrong more often than not. what was he wrong about? i keep seeing this in every single jason piece but he ends being proven right time after time.

- TLOU 2 development troubles. months before launch, He literally called out how they had to scrap entire sections because the focus testing showed that the new characters (abby and her crew) were not focus testing well with the audience. this forum fucking hates abby and the last of us 2. you would think they would look at jason's article and admit he got it right.

- cyberpunk development troubles. again, months before launch, he wrote an article about how the game wasnt ready and cd project was mandating 6 day 12 hour days. yet he received the same criticism hes receiving now.

- sony bend and days gone 2. he got a lot of flack for saying days gone 2 was cancelled and that sony bend was working on a new IP. especially after the Jaffe interview. Well, sony literally confirmed that sony bend was working on a new IP. Right again.

i am not a fan of the guy. I think hes an idiot, but there is no denying he's got sources and he gets things right almost all the time.

I don't know. He probably is right a lot, but it's just the sleazy way he goes about it. He's a slimy character, I'm not a fan.

Iced Arcade

2025 makes sense.

Whore out GTAV 1 more time then release 6 just before the end of the generation so people buy it and then buy it again shortly after for the next gen consoles.

SNPlayen

Because he acts like a cunt.

VN1X

Banned
I'd love to see some actual journalism regarding (actual) crunch or other shady practices from devs/publishers again. All these grifters corroborating each other's boring ass 'leaks' and rumours are pitiful.

We have yet to see a single still image from GTA6 and we're already giving credence to hear-say. Who gives a fuck when we don't even know what the game looks like? It's all very uninteresting (just like this post!).

Last edited:

TVexperto

"I've heard it too"

Investigative reporting in this generation guys.
Seriously. How did he land a job at bloomberg? He always pretends to confirm stuff by saying he heard it too but why didnt he break the news if he got so much intel?
Probably too busy still shitting on CDPR

Top Bottom