• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Jeff Grubb] Don’t Expect Bloodborne Updates, From Software is Too Busy With Elden Ring

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I don't even need a full on remake. Just make a patch that allows the game to run different based on the hardware it's being used on (OG PS4, the Pro or PS5), liked they've done for God of War, or Days Gone, or any other Sony exclusive. I'll drop $20 on a patch like that. I acknowledge it would take work and people need to be paid for their time.
This is how 10 usd higher game prices started.

There are plenty of devs releasing updates games for free.

Even on xbox Microsoft use a lot of time to upgrade framerate textures etc on old games free of charge.

I expect updates to my games to be free, and not pay for patches.

Lunarorbit

I don't listen to Jeff Grubbs podcast and I don't have anything against him personally but he's the most tiresome games media personality to me.

He just talks to talk it seems with rumors. No shit there isn't a bloodborne update. Games been out for 7 years or so. Does he just find trending stuff or fan favorites and just says obvious shit? Or wrong assumptions about the industry which he can backpedal.

This "journalism" isn't new and it's not going away but I just wanted to type how much of a lame ass move tweets like this are.

All I want is 60fps or a completely unlocked framerate and the ability to turn off Chromatic Aberation.

One person could change the code to allow that in about 5 minutes. I could probably do it and I only have very basic coding knowledge lol. They don't even need to test it because we know the engine works fine at 60fps so it's unlikely there will be many bugs and they could just be like "shit might break yo so just turn it back to 30 if it sucks"

Last edited:

Shut0wen

Xbox insider commenting on Sony first party IP and Japanese studios?

Something is wrong with this math equation.
Even though he is an xbox insider what he said seems legit, sony aint stupid and know theres a massive demand for it, look at all the soulbourne sales, it would of been the first games to release on pc if they could do it and it doesnt wven have a 60fps update, code in the game is fucked fam

Yoboman

From the man who made the 60fps patch himself.

Not that it makes it better in any way, if anything it’s more infuriating to know that Sony could do the patch but simply won’t or at least haven’t yet.

Who says Sony has access to the source code? They didn't develop it

This is how 10 usd higher game prices started.

There are plenty of devs releasing updates games for free.

Even on xbox Microsoft use a lot of time to upgrade framerate textures etc on old games free of charge.

I expect updates to my games to be free, and not pay for patches.
It's a seven year old game at this point. I don't expect people to work on it for free.

Paltheos

I don't get why people is obsessed with bloodbourne, a game from just last gen, retrocompatible, that literally anyone with a playstation machine can buy and play. What else there is for from software to do with it?

On top of what M MALpractice311 said, a port to PC would allow some modding for some basic QOL shit. #1 most wanted (for me) by a country mile is free vial restock on death. It's not an exaggeration that Bloodborne would be my undisputed, favorite Fromsoft game but for that one change.

From the man who made the 60fps patch himself.

Not that it makes it better in any way, if anything it’s more infuriating to know that Sony could do the patch but simply won’t or at least haven’t yet.

You mean jeff grubb was talkin out his ass?

Oh No Reaction GIF by The Great British Bake Off

Fallout 3 is from 2008 and got a free 4k update in 2017.

Same with plenty of other games.
Sure, I understand that. If they gave it away for free, that would be great, but if they have to charge for it, I'll pay it. Capitalism is all about voting with your dollar and, for the right price, I would gladly support and encourage Sony (or any other IP holders) to employ full-time studios that do nothing but patch and optimize older games for modern hardware.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
You mean jeff grubb was talkin out his ass?

Oh No Reaction GIF by The Great British Bake Off
He just repeats what the circle of FUD he rolls around in when it comes to anything PlayStation.

This whole article was just click-bait, using the popularity of Bloodborne, at the same time trying to get a dig in there towards a certain player base, just to "announce" what we already knew, that the popular Elden Ring will still receive content.

It's throwaway trash.

Yet, here we are. Here we are.

Top Bottom