• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Grubb : Has also heard about a Q1 Xbox Show happening (One of the games announced during the show will be a Pentiment level game from Tango)

Dick Jones

Gold Member
That only happened because a specific user (who is banned now I think) kept complaining about him for something that later turned out to be true.

I think it was the Kojima-Xbox partnership, which Grubb had been talking about at least 6 to 8 months before it was officially announced.
No it wasn't. He tweeted about news that would make us piss out our butt's for the lulz as he posted a tweet 10 minutes later saying as much.

Grubb was just being a cunt that day, like most days

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
That only happened because a specific user (who is banned now I think) kept complaining about him for something that later turned out to be true.

I think it was the Kojima-Xbox partnership, which Grubb had been talking about at least 6 to 8 months before it was officially announced.
I’m sorry but I think your recollection is a little off there. From what I remember he said there was going to be a massive announcement the next day, and then he said ‘haha only joking’ the day after.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
No it wasn't. He tweeted about news that would make us piss out our butt's for the lulz as he posted a tweet 10 minutes later saying as much.

Grubb was just being a cunt that day, like most days

Oh yeah it was *THAT* thing.

Didn't he reply like an hour after that tweet that it doesn't mean anything and he was just shitposting ?

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I’m sorry but I think your recollection is a little off there. From what I remember he said there was going to be a massive announcement the next day, and then he said ‘haha only joking’ the day after.
It was the day before the end of year for Sony I think and if there was a big announcement they would have to make it public. That's what he banked on if something happened but he put a disclaimer about 10 minutes later.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Yeah. It's just no one wants to willing read more Jeff tweets so no one spotted it for hours

I get that.

As far as this news

change1.jpg

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I get that.

As far as this news

change1.jpg
I have no issue with wanting to believe. If this was an intentional leak by Xbox then it's doing more harm than good.

Announce a show a few days ahead of the event and leak nothing. Allow people to be surprised. This would hit harder if it came out of the blue.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Almost nobody has a good track record when it comes to Nintendo as they change their plans all the time.
Maybe, but still, he said it like a day or two before the direct.

I agree with you it's pretty obvious we'll see something from xbox soon, so his prediction is like also predicting a Direct in Feb.

Robb

Gold Member
Not sure we need many new first party announcements. Just show stuff from what’s in development.

What is Contraband? Where’s Indiana Jones? What does Awoved gameplay look like? etc. etc.

Top Bottom