• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Grubb: Metroid Prime Trilogy for the Switch is already completed at Nintendo

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Isn't this that fat bearded bitch who cries when he doesn't get his daily dose of clout?

Edit: I believe things when the trailer is burning my retina or I'm huffing the new game smell out of a box. You can keep your Grubbers and Golems. Broken clocks are correct twice a day, and don't feel the need to ding obnoxiously when you don't believe them for the other 22 hours.

Last edited:

Vagswarm

I doubt this is true. That's too big of a release to just hold onto. But if it is, it's better than them being in the considering it phase, or nothing at all.

Isn't this that fat bearded bitch who cries when he doesn't get his daily dose of clout?

Edit: I believe things when the trailer is burning my retina or I'm huffing the new game smell out of a box. You can keep your Grubbers and Golems. Broken clocks are correct twice a day, and don't feel the need to ding obnoxiously when you don't believe them for the other 22 hours.
Who hurt you?

Shut0wen

Wait i thought someone at retro said it would be near enough hard to do because of metroid prime 3 and we all know nintendo aint gunna pay for a port that costs alot of money, but in one hand if it is true we wont see it until next year since we have dread to look forward to

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Who hurt you?

Clearly Jeff Grubbs, as is evident by my over the top refusal of his outrageous claims, and the borderline incoherent manner in which I displayed my complete and utter scathing hatred for this Skinwalker masquerading as a man. He took my innocence, and all of my hopes and dreams for the future away with his vaguely worded promises and blatant disregard for the myriad pleasures such lies would rob me of. You know what you did, Grubbs. YOU FUCKING KNOW WHAT YOU DID TO ME. #MeToo

Either that, I just think he's kind of a douchebag. There's like seven billion people on the planet, they can't all hit home runs. Thanks for your concern, though!

Vagswarm

I wonder how this could even be possible if they restarted making it in 2019?

I guess this could have been dated at the time of publication and this occurred in 2018? Either way, it doesn't seem possible because they would have at least shown more than a logo if was almost done.
The Metroid Prime Trilogy and Metroid Prime 4 are two different things. The former would be a port from the Wii, which includes the first 3 games in the series (2 of which were on the Gamecube).

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

I guess this could have been dated at the time of publication and this occurred in 2018? Either way, it doesn't seem possible because they would have at least shown more than a logo if was almost done.

Put the bong down then re-read the thread title

rkofan87

Gold Member

thats 4 we are talking about a remaster of the og 3.

Barakov

Gold Member

TflK7YD.jpg

Astral Dog

Not sure if i believe its 'finished' yet, but there is no point in talking about it for now, focus on Metroid DREAD until next year(when i hope MPT HD is released🤞)

Metroid Prime Trilogy HD should release closer to Prime 4,and its NOT gonna be a simple upres but a true remaster with new assets and lightning effects, thats gonna take a lot of work, plus Retro/Nintendo has to figure out how to adapt Corruption's controls.

People who want the trilogy need to be patient, Prime 4 development has been a mess and this is gonna take awhile, but i bet the Trilogy is the next major Metroid release after DREAD.

catvonpee

the others beat me to it lol.
I wasn't even aware they were remaking the trilogy until now. But I saw the words "Metroid and Prime" and my brain short circuited, I guess. In my defense, I have been averaging about 82 hours of work a week for the last few months and not much sleep.

Now I have two more games to look forward to. Sorry folks.

tr1p1ex

loved MP1 but ...the thought of playing that long of a game again. I don't think I could do it. played it ~20 years ago. It's pretty long game iirc. 20-30 hr game.

Solarstrike

[If true] There is absolutely no reason to "hold onto" games that are finished. The only people Nintendo would hurt are themselves. There's a ton of new customers the world over waiting to play the game for the first time! It's time for Samus to continue her journey. Let's go!

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Banned

Yeah, Golem is a broken clock who just happened to make a lucky guess about RE8 and predicted it's going to be called 'village', will have witches turning into swarms of insects, enemy types wielding axes and wearing armor. I mean CLEARLY anyone with half a brain could have guessed that.

CGiRanger

Banned
Like others have said I've heard this rumor for over a year now. It's dumb, no company would "hold" a game from release for such a period of time, or any period of time. I've never heard of such a thing where a company just sits on a completed game for months even though it's ready and not still working/polishing it.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Yeah, Golem is a broken clock who just happened to make a lucky guess about RE8 and predicted it's going to be called 'village', will have witches turning into swarms of insects, enemy types wielding axes and wearing armor. I mean CLEARLY anyone with half a brain could have guessed that.

Yes. Twice a day, it was right in the metaphor.

Lol golem really fucked up with " ps5 struggling with village even at 1080p". His reasoning for saying such was was even worse. Completely threw his rep down the drain.

Last edited:

Gloomnivore

If they put as much effort into it as Super Mario 3D All Stars, they’ve got dozens of ports ready to go.

Last edited:
Top Bottom