• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jessica Simpson offers her sympathies for Subway's recent tuna confusion

What's Subway's secret ingredient in their Tuna Sub?

• Tuna, duh

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • TeezyD's Peanut Butter combo

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Soylent Green

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

Filed in Northern California, the complaint alleges that the “tuna” that oozes out of your delicious footlong tuna salad sandwich is, rather than that particular species of flavorful fish, a “mixture of various concoctions that do not constitute tuna, yet have been blended together by defendants to imitate the appearance of tuna,” and, more damningly, are alleged to be “not fish” according to comments made by the plaintiffs in the case to The Washington Post.

T8SC

d3755390-0b9b-4ae6-a4c8-b5c5f8b14a5e.jpg

Blade2.0

Ah yes, who to believe? Those that painstakingly analyzed this shit in a lab....or a multi-billion dollar company that likes to hire pedos...the decision is very difficult

Last edited:

Quasicat

Ah yes, who to believe? Those that painstakingly analyzed this shit in a lab....or a multi-billion dollar company that likes to hire pedos...the decision is very difficult

Between the Jared Fogle stuff, Subway being told in Europe that their bread has enough sugar in it to classify it as cake, and now the tuna stuff they just can’t catch a break. That being said, I love the Subway episode of South Park.

south park beat a dead horse GIF

Last edited:

Blade2.0

Between the Jared Fogle stuff, Subway being told in Europe that their bread has enough sugar in it to classify it as cake, and now the tuna stuff they just can’t catch a break. That being said, I love the Subway episode of South Park.

south park beat a dead horse GIF
Don't forget their bread length not actually being 12" fiasco as well, lol.

Quasicat

Don't forget their bread length not actually being 12" fiasco as well, lol.
I totally forgot about that! I also just remembered there was a time when their bread shared an ingredient used with the making of shoe rubber. This is crazy stuff right here.

Amory

I feel like this is too ridiculous to be true. There's franchisees on twitter saying go to a subway and ask to see the cans of tuna and they'll show them to you.

If it's just clickbait bullshit, that's fucked up. Subway shop owners aren't hurting enough with the virus?

Blade2.0

I feel like this is too ridiculous to be true. There's franchisees on twitter saying go to a subway and ask to see the cans of tuna and they'll show them to you.

If it's just clickbait bullshit, that's fucked up. Subway shop owners aren't hurting enough with the virus?
Why does tuna have to be in tuna cans? They can lie about what's inside them. Lol

Covid has all but killed the nearest Subway to me. There's never anyone inside when I drive by, yet the McDonald's across the street is always packed (drive thru).

Tschumi

For the record i do often think it tastes like cardboard...

.. but this isn't a big deal. We should be grateful it's not tuna. You know fish sticks were originally, i can't remember, Atlantic cod or something, but these days they're scrod... This anecdote isn't totally accurate but the sentiment is valid: overfishing depletes stocks and they need to turn to different fish.

I'd rather Subway's yummy tuna tasting stuff wasn't tuna than to eat the ass of the last living tuna on planet earth.

buizel

Banned
FS lol

When I was working at Subway all the Tuna and chicken and bread and whatever is real and literally what you expect it to be. From delivery to unwrap (100% tuna), to using fork to fluff it out. to giant bowl we mix it with the mayo in... Same with chicken and teriyaki or whatever.

My lawd lol. I mean. Maybe it changed I don't work there anymore lol but cmon

Last edited:

buizel

Banned
Why does tuna have to be in tuna cans? They can lie about what's inside them. Lol
They weren't cans they're are in big vacuum packed fresh foil bags with labels and descriptions etc etc.

But yes they can lie. So can news outlets tho. So who knows.

Last edited:

Ionian

There was a news articles years ago about cod being sold in take aways not being cod.

Most people just shrugged and went about their lives.

I have eaten fake cod, no difference to me apart from the fact cod is expensive, so they cheat it.

An example: Smoked Cod and chips from a fast food place is 10 euro. That is cheap, other places cost way more.

Famous one here, places are plastered with celebrities all over the walls.

They got done as well for not serving cod.

Last edited:
Top Bottom