• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jez Corden confirms 343 has another Halo Project outside of Halo Infinite

Dumb take? Variation is both a human need and desire and is also just a basic logical approach for projects like this. They might be passionate about Halo, but at the end of the day they mainly work there because they have bills to pay and a family to feed.

I never said anything about the quality of Infinite's MP or Campaign, so don't jump to conclusions.

Fact is most of these people would probably love to work on other old and/or new franchises and genres to mix things up and not just dedicate their entire work life to one single franchise forever, because repetition is going to burn people out eventually and is neither good for the franchise or the people working on it.

I love Halo, but If it was the only game I was allowed to play I would get burnt out of it quickly and end up hating it sooner rather than later, and If you enjoy doing the same repetitive stuff day in and day out for multiple years or even decades then you're in the minority and something is probably wrong with you.

I used Id Software as a example because they are some of the best in the industry at making first person shooters both in gameplay and world building (even better than 343i) and I would love to see their take and vision on the Halo franchise while 343 got a break to try something different for once.

Think before you type you fucking idiot.

This is such a dumb fucking take and he’s doubling down. If they want to work on other games, have it be easy to work for other studios under MS.

343 is there to work on halo. Its where all the halo experts are. They have an in house team of ex pro players. The list goes on.

It makes ZERO sense putting them ever on any other IP. You know what you are getting. Join another studio if you fancy something else. This studio should be planning out a halo roadmap for at least the next 10 years.

This is like saying ‘put the fifa team on a new ip, give fifa to dice’. Retard.

Last edited:
I don't see the "coming in pieces" narrative, it's a full MP game and SP campaign launching together. Yes some staples of the franchise are missing at launch but what is there is looking to be excellent and polished.
You don't see the "coming in pieces" "narrative", yet you say that staples of the franchise are missing at launch?
The what? Huh?

Papacheeks

Banned
This is such a dumb fucking take and he’s doubling down. If they want to work on other games, have it be easy to work for other studios under MS.

343 is there to work on halo. Its where all the halo experts are. They have an in house team of ex pro players. The list goes on.

It makes ZERO sense putting them ever on any other IP. You know what you are getting. Join another studio if you fancy something else. This studio should be planning out a halo roadmap for at least the next 10 years.

This is like saying ‘put the fifa team on a new ip, give fifa to dice’. Retard.

I agree with after Infinite launches, and they have decent work done on post launch roadmap, the rest of artists, animators, level designers should work on something new. It keeps them fresh, Infinite is suppose to be a platform. Similar to destiny where they can add on to the engine/tools and game itself over time.

I believe this has been the plan for a while now. It makes sense for the team to work on something different to create better synergy. Thats why for the most part Sony's and NIntendo's studios are so successful. They dont make the same IP and only 1 IP. Best way to evolve as a developer/artists is to work on something new/Different to recharge your batteries and thinking on how you would approach a staple IP like halo down the line.

I think if MP is any indication, I think halo is in a pretty decent place right now among old and new fans.

I don't see the "coming in pieces" narrative, it's a full MP game and SP campaign launching together. Yes some staples of the franchise are missing at launch but what is there is looking to be excellent and polished.

They literally launched MP separately from Campaign, literally had the MP in flights way back in August, also they were as with Monster Energy let us know going to release it in 2020. SO imagine what wasn't going to be there? The fact Co-op is mid 2022, and so is forge?

Shows you the development hell this game has had. Heck MP is in Beta and it shows drastically.
I'm still loving the shit out of the gameplay. But there is still loads of work to be done. And the fact the campaign from Previews in how the map is shown also looks will come in installments for specific story beats. A lot I will argue is by design since this is suppose to be a platform similar to destiny. So a 10 year cycle or so.

But Jason Schrier, Jeff Grubb and the way this game is coming in without staple features shows you the development hell it was in, and that having it come in pieces was on the table. ANd in the way they are putting it out right now with MP fully out there, and campaign coming December shows you they had it built to deliver that way. If not there would be a larger file size and there would be tons of datamining happening already.
That tells me MP and campaign were built with capabilities to be separately launched.

There's tons of evidence and tons of reporting on this.

I mean the roadmap itself should be a dead giveaway.

Last edited:
Top Bottom