• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jez Corden:never claimed to be a journalist. i call myself a blogger generally cus i was never trained in journalism, learning as i go.

gokurho

Honesty GIF by Adult Swim

i am a blogger too🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺
GAF, Apologize, please:messenger_sunglasses:

Last edited:

Tsaki

He's obviously talking about The Jizz and the other known Youtube grifters, but also let's not forget Tom (Console)warren, from The Verge (a somewhat "respected" technology publication). When the studio closures were announced last month, he had to close his article by hyping up the upcoming Xbox Showcase by mentioning the return of Doom. 'Yeah yeah this happened and it's sad or whatever but what about Doom?? Isn't that exciting?'

7dlLrjR.jpeg

Mr.Phoenix

This is why I just refer to that whole industry as game media. There are very very very few actual gaming journalists out there and instead tons of text and video bloggers. Being that anyone can go online and publish content these days, regardless of their qualifications, gaming media is plagued with people with no integrity. Glorified mouthpieces for their platform overlords.

They adhere to absolutely none of the standards that any actual journalist (should) pride themselves on. And anyone dumb enough to take what any of them say seriously is just as guilty.

People ought to start taking these fucks to court for misinformation and fraud (yes, its fraud to spit out paid-for content but not declare that you are receiving some sort of payment), maybe only then would there at least be some integrity in gaming media.

Mind you, I think publishers/devs are just as guilty if they practice any form of false or misleading marketing. Eg.. CG trailers that look nothing like the actual game you play with no clear disclaimer that what you are seeing is not actual realtime footage.

StereoVsn

Yeah, it’s pretty difficult to actually find a real journalist in any gaming media. Kotaku, lol. 😂

But hey at least he is being somewhat honest… if misguided sometimes.

Last edited:

gokurho

He's obviously talking about The Jizz and the other known Youtube grifters, but also let's not forget Tom (Console)warren, from The Verge (a somewhat "respected" technology publication). When the studio closures were announced last month, he had to close his article by hyping up the upcoming Xbox Showcase by mentioning the return of Doom. 'Yeah yeah this happened and it's sad or whatever but what about Doom?? Isn't that exciting?'

7dlLrjR.jpeg

He is not a gaming jornalist too😡😡😡

Elios83

Tom Warren part two "pie_tears_joy:
Yeah it's obvious that shills and brand ambassadors can't be considered journalists, they're propaganda/damage control tools.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Doesn’t he write for windows central? It shouldn’t be hard to figure who butters his bread then. It’s almost like expecting the official PlayStation magazine to say something negative about Sony. I understand this is a poor comparison but you get my point.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
You either die an astroturfer or live long enough to see yourself become a journalist.

What a time to be alive.

Jaybe

Gold Member
Jez and Tom Warren’s “inside information” is just controlled positive information provided by Aaron Greenberg that is shared to them anytime there is a negative news about Xbox to help change the narrative or at least distract. The are basically marketing tools of a fat, bald guy that are paid in a free Game Pass subscriptions and increased Twitter engagement.

BdyxcZ0.jpeg

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
yeah Tom is definitely getting paid under the table.

Seeing a few of these game journo's claim they are "just bloggers" lately. It's just a bullshit way to avoid scrutiny and accountability that comes with journalism. They never correct people who refer to them as journalists because they want to be seen as one, but as soon as they fuck up, then all of a sudden its "I never claimed to be a journalist".

Also, funny seeing people on X defending Jez saying it's okay to fuck up as long as you learn from your mistakes, as if Jez ever learns from his mistakes.

Last edited:
Spit Take GIF

And the persecution complex continues, right on cue.
Nah, I haven't chosen sides. While I mostly game on PC, and prefer Playstation games over Xbox. Unbiasedly, I feel like the guy gets a lot of hate for seemingly being pretty decent at providing rumors that are mostly true. Apparently, this makes me a console warrior.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
I'll go ahead and pat myself on the back that I called out this guy weeks ago. He's obviously putting irrelevant garbage and nonsense out there to distract from MS' major issues with Xbox.

He’s a prick and a fake in my opinion. Him and a few others have really took a shit on the Xbox community. Having a platform like that could be used as a positive to promote good ideas and push Xbox in doing better but no , we get shit like him, Colteastwood , Parris instead.

VDM77oI.jpeg

Last edited:
He’s a prick and a fake in my opinion. Him and a few others have really took a shit on the Xbox community. Having a platform like that could be used as a positive to promote good ideas and push Xbox in doing better but no , we get shit like him, Colteastwood , Parris instead.

These guys couldn't exist in the first place if they weren't shills. That's part of their access to Microsoft.

Microsoft benefited greatly from this relationship and its relationship with their online community, until that became less useful.

Now these guys are largely looking to pivot to be general "gaming journalists" and hoping that one solid reality remains true which is that people have a short memory.

I was following Jez and generally liked his content but when the big Xbox third party crap happened, Jez roasted Xbox.

One week later Jez completely changed his tune and his messaging became an exact parrot of Bond and the rest of Xbox.

He now talks very positively about everything at Xbox - magically, overnight Jez saw the light.

I no longer follow

Top Bottom