• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jim Ryan and Playstation must be sued for misleading PS5 buyer

Von Hugh

OP is literally Bryank75
american-tv-and-film-actor-larry-hagman-best-known-for-his-role-as-jr-picture-id613512678

Last edited:

Lupin25

I’m really hoping Sony joins up their PC and PlayStation userbases so that cross-buy works.

As it is they have:

Already announced/released:

Days Gone
God of War
Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Spider-Man Remastered
Spider-Man: Miles Morales

To be confirmed

Returnal
Sackboy: A Big Adventure

That’s a sizeable drop of high quality games and that will only accelerate with their MP GAAS games. They could soon offer a PC version of their PS+ extra tier.

Yes, but really those titles are overdue. They’re 2-4 years old.

Honestly, all of those older games going to PC make sense at this point for the extra dime.

OP is losing his shit over last-gen games coming to PC.
This isn’t day and date, 3-6 months, hell even a year. These are 2-4 year old games.
Relax, there’s a whole catalog.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I dont understand why some of you guys like to give unnecessary headache and stress to yourselves!? Just enjoy the games on any platform you want, gaming suppose to be just hobby/entertainment.

Also Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft all are in business of making money, I dont know what you guys obsession with CEOs but those guys are hired to make money for their company, thats all.

Last edited:

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I am sorry but Sony need those money to keep making AAA games. (that's why they are charging $70 for games on Playstation 5 now as well)

I mean sure PC are the best platform to play these games thanks to better framerate, resolution, DLSS, FSR 2.0, true 4K, ray-tracing, support for various controllers, Steam Input customization, free cloud save, ultrawide support, NVIDIA Reflex support, uncapped framerate and much more, but they are slightly late releases (for now) on PC.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Only difference is if you have patience or not. if you have infinite patience you don't need a ps5 anymore. if you want to play the newest exclusives on release day or asap, only way is on ps5
Thats oversimplification.
You dont need ps5 if:
You have patience
Good relatively expensive pc
Don’t mind tweaking and setting.
Pcgamingwiki is king.

Even day 1, assuming console games don’t loose the attention they have from devs now, console is a good choice.
After all it’s more of a comfort device for those who just want to play. It’s cheaper, games look essentially the same and there are usually no issues and you just play.
Pc gives you more but you pay more from your wallet and psyche :p

Also, if all that was true, we would not need consoles at all. But then I doubt we would get our amazing sp games. Pc usually don’t get these

Last edited:

fermcr

Sony are in the gaming business to make money, just like other companies. If bringing their games later on to PC makes them more money, it's good business. There will always be a small vocal minority against that, but in the big picture they are irrelevant.

Sorry to say this to the OP... you are irrelevant.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I mean, if this is such a big issue for you, you can still sell your PS5 for almost double the price.
Exactly.

The truth is that some people literally just don’t want other platforms to have access to the games because they feel ‘special’ that only their platform has it.

I’m seeing lots of ‘I could have bought a PC instead!’ in this thread - well put your money where your mouth is and sell your PS5 and build a PC.

I don't understand. What we like is the content, Sony games, not the plastic box we play them on.So why would it be a problem if more people enjoy the games we love? It's good for everybody.

Very well said.

Last edited:

Fredrik

No i was getting PS5 for the idea of getting PS5 exclusive game like god of war, horizon, spiderman etc

It was their tagline remember? They made us think we can only get those game on playstation

If i know those game were coming to PC, i wont need to buy PS5 in the first place

This is not being stupid

This is about sony being disingenious and dishonest with their customer
If you have a silent PC in the living room, and don’t mind waiting up to 3 years to play the games, and have no interest in PSVR2… Then sure, I can see the point why you don’t think you need the PS5.

I’m playing on both platforms because I don’t like waiting, don’t have a silent PC in the living room, and is interested in PSVR2 for the AAA push even though cabled VR is annoying.

OP You better start getting used to it, the next generation (and probably towards the end of this one) will mark the end of exclusives as we know them and the release of the games on day one on other platforms (PC in particular) is practically taken for granted. I don't think this should lessen your urge to continue buying Sony consoles, but if you prefer the PC the option will be there. The more options the better, and so in both cases, for Xbox and Sony games , there will be players not forced to buy hw (limiting in terms of performance) that they don't need already having a much more powerful gaming rig

Last edited:

Wohc

Banned
Why does it matter if it gets released on PC!? Does it effect quality of the games?
It could affect some innovations with the controller, because i could imagine game designs only possible with a Dual Sense. Let's say for example a boss fight where the boss blinds you. Screen is completely dark and you can only find your way with the haptics. Not gonna happen with pc ports in mind. Not sure if there are game mechanics that are only possible with the much vaunted PS5 SSD, but not gonna happen with pc HDDs in mind.

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
It was their tagline remember? They made us think we can only get those game on playstation

No, it was just you and your fanboy mentality and you imaginated console wars, the rest of the normal people never gave a fuck let alone gave some deeper meaning to exclusives.

BTW - don't forget to write "Sony always wins baby!" next time they'll announce yet again record revenue. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Arxisz

Thats oversimplification.
You dont need ps5 if:
You have patience
Good relatively expensive pc
Don’t mind tweaking and setting.
Pcgamingwiki is king.

Even day 1, assuming console games don’t loose the attention they have from devs now, console is a good choice.
After all it’s more of a comfort device for those who just want to play. It’s cheaper, games look essentially the same and there are usually no issues and you just play.
Pc gives you more but you pay more from your wallet and psyche :p

Also, if all that was true, we would not need consoles at all. But then I doubt we would get our amazing sp games. Pc usually don’t get these
Agreed, also on pc you cant suspend and resume or jump into points like ps5, those are also important futures that consoles have over pc.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Agreed, also on pc you cant suspend and resume or jump into points like ps5, those are also important futures that consoles have over pc.
Yeah we need to get away from windows.
Supposedly you can do that of steam deck.
But still, consoles have these features and many more that pc player base rarely admits

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
But sometimes an opinion is so stupid it should be shut down straightaway. This is one of them. Why would anyone be mad about a business trying to make more money and also making their games available to more people? Give me one legit reason someone should be upset about this?
It’s a good thing for all to have these games on pc.
The point is that Sony promised exclusives to make people hunt down ps5. At least that’s the part of op if I understand

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
If you're primarily interested in exclusive games, then there always be many exclusive games for PlayStation consoles at any given point in time.

Spider-Man is now on PC, but HFW, GT7, Returnal, Sackboy, Demon's Souls, GOT, TLOU 2 etc. are still exclusives.

When they port Returnal, Sackboy, GoT, and Demon's Souls, PlayStation would have got new exclusives: Spider-Man 2, Wolverine, TLOU Remake, TLOU 2 Online, GOW Ragnarok, etc. The cycle will continue, so on so forth.

It’s a good thing for all to have these games on pc.
The point is that Sony promised exclusives to make people hunt down ps5. At least that’s the part of op if I understand

If you want to get technical, then Sony never did say permanent exclusivity did they? Isn't horizon forbidden west an exclusive right now? God of war will be PS exclusive at launch. So will other 1st party games. Why shouldn't sony port them to PC later on to maximise sales and profits? There's no reason not to!

Nobody can say that it will have a negative effect anymore either because sonys forecasts say otherwise. They expect PS5 to outpace the PS4 by 2024.

Last edited:

II_JumPeR_I

Im starting to hate this new Era of Console gaming with the consoles basicly losing its reasons to buy them aka the exclusives.
Wish MS never started that shit.

Yes im old school in that regard.

With former console only games coming to pc over the years, i just noticed way more complaining and a worse playerbase when it was a pvp game.
Its also way more work for devs.

Im glad that Nintendo is still old school in that regard.

Shmunter

Jim Lian.

Is pc truly rrelevant for majority of console gamers?

Consoles used to be heavily compromised compared to the pc space. Cut down versions in modes, player counts and visuals. These days a consumer product like a ps5 or XsX has install bases far outweighing comparable pc specs.

You get a premium user friendly experience you can play on your giant tv enjoying it like a cinematic experience. It’s a tale of 2 stories.

Fredrik

Can the OP actually provide a good reason for why it’s a bad thing these games eventually end up on PC? Like, a decent, intelligent, reasonable opinion for why it’s detrimental to his enjoyment of the games on a console?
I’m not sure it’s possible. The closest you could get is a buyer’s remorse scenario if he have a living room PC and could deal with the late releases.

If OP truly don’t need it, sell it while it’s high in price and invest the money on stocks for awhile or buy a Steam Deck. 👍

Tommi84

This thread just confirms what a Sony-fanboys' this forum is :D

I adore my PS. I have 3/4/5 and Vita, but let's face the facts. SONY LIED. This isn't about the justification or is it a good or bad decission to release those games on PC (or if you like this decision or not) - did Sony says game 'x' will not release on PC (or is exclusive to Playstation)? If yes, and this was changed, then they sould be accounted for.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
If you want to get technical, then Sony never did say permanent exclusivity did they? Isn't horizon forbidden west an exclusive right now? God of war will be PS exclusive at launch. So will other 1st party games. Why shouldn't sony port them to PC later on to maximise sales and profits? There's no reason not to!

Nobody can say that it will have a negative effect anymore either because sonys forecasts say otherwise. They expect PS5 to outpace the PS4 by 2024.
True

Top Bottom