• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jim Ryan and Playstation must be sued for misleading PS5 buyer

TonyK

In PS5 you will play the games, in PC you will play a metagame consisting in adjusting the grass distance, shadow quality and other technical stuff. Meanwhile you can play, of course, but in reality you give a fuck about the game, you only want to maximize graphics or shit on how poor A/the game is optimized, or B/how overhyped was the game in origin because Sherlock Holmes from 2019 has higher resolution textures than God of War.

Why does it matter if it gets released on PC!? Does it effect quality of the games?
martin-freeman-who-cares.gif

I personally love to see games like Gravity Rush and The Last Guardian gets PC release in order get some exposure.
Yes. It will when they won't develop for PS4, they'll still have to develop on PC so all specific PS5 hardware (notably super fast I/O) won't be used. They'll aim for PC I/O speed for streaming data and PS5 I/O will be underused.

Ratchet and Clank kind of games on upcoming PS5 games with instant worlds switches? You can forget it. Ratchet and Clank was an experiment, probably the last.

Robb

Gold Member
Eh, it’s not like it says ‘only on PlayStation, forever, until the end of time and always’. When it was advertised it was still true.

I do agree that Sony’s messaging has been very bad this gen though. They tend to insinuate one thing and do another..

‘We believe in generations*’
*but not when there’s a pandemic

‘Only on Ps5*’
*but also on PS4 suddenly because $$$

I thought DriveClub was a bigger mislead than all this ps5/pc crap.
It was a demo with shitton of microtransactions. When they promised a free game.
Released too late and broken.

Shmunter

Yes. It will when they won't develop for PS4, they'll still have to develop on PC so all specific PS5 hardware (notably super fast I/O) won't be used. They'll aim for PC I/O speed for streaming data and PS5 I/O will be underused.

Ratchet and Clank kind of games on upcoming PS5 games with instant worlds switches? You can forget it. Ratchet and Clank was an experiment, probably the last.
Well let’s hope that’s not the case with the last gen storage compromises. They got Nixxes for ports leaving the lead studios to focus entirely on the ps5 hardware.

At least that’s the take out from the recent investor brief.

Fredrik

In PS5 you will play the games, in PC you will play a metagame consisting in adjusting the grass distance, shadow quality and other technical stuff. Meanwhile you can play, of course, but in reality you give a fuck about the game, you only want to maximize graphics or shit on how poor A/the game is optimized, or B/how overhyped was the game in origin because Sherlock Holmes from 2019 has higher resolution textures than God of War.
This is such a You issue. I just choose the highest gfx settings and start playing, I’m at 130+ hours on Elden Ring now, entered the graphics menu once.

Keihart

This was obvious since the new generation started, i think it's only a matter of time until sony launches it's own PC store and slowly phases out of the console market, i have my doubts about a PS6 and i think what will probably happen is a really extended PS5 life cycle with revisions.

The only way i see them focusing on hardware again is if is PSVR2 becomes a huge hit and that becomes their new focus going forward.

yamaci17

This is such a You issue. I just choose the highest gfx settings and start playing, I’m at 130+ hours on Elden Ring now, entered the graphics menu once.
no mate, you're not allowed to enjoy games on PC without making things complex. whichever PC part you buy, you are given a settlement that you've to tweak settings for 20 hours before starting the game, don't act like there isn't. If not, your CPU or GPU will be remotely overcharged with obnoxious amounts of voltage and get burned. i don't know what kind of incentive you have for lying about this

PHGMTmQ.png

so i wrote to fromsoftware, reporting my ailments. they awarded me with 36 unique screenshots, a review and 37 achivements, so that from outside, it looks like i was able to play the game, enjoy it, even. but its all a hoax.

Last edited:

yazenov

No i was getting PS5 for the idea of getting PS5 exclusive game like god of war, horizon, spiderman etc

It was their tagline remember? They made us think we can only get those game on playstation

If i know those game were coming to PC, i wont need to buy PS5 in the first place

This is not being stupid

This is about sony being disingenious and dishonest with their customer

Most of their costumers don't care about this because they are on PlayStation which doesn't affect them anyways.

Same with cross play. Most people who don't own a PlayStation are the ones who were crying about crossplay because they don't own a PS4/5

PlayStation consumers (who Sony really cares about) don't give a fuck. Why should Sony be honest about games coming to PC? they want you to buy a PS5. They dont care for your feelings or people who dont own their consoles. They dont owe you anything.

OP you should be ashamed of yourself for creating this stupid thread. I feel sorry and ashamed for you.

Last edited:

rofif

Banned
This was obvious since the new generation started, i think it's only a matter of time until sony launches it's own PC store and slowly phases out of the console market, i have my doubts about a PS6 and i think what will probably happen is a really extended PS5 life cycle with revisions.

The only way i see them focusing on hardware again is if is PSVR2 becomes a huge hit and that becomes their new focus going forward.
Hope not. Consoles are such a comfort zone composed to pc

Airbus Jr

Banned
Most of their costumers don't care because they are on PlayStation which doesn't affect them anyways.

Same with cross play. Most people who don't own a PlayStation are the ones who were crying about crossplay because they don't own a PS4/5

PlayStation consumers (who Sony really cares about) don't give a fuck. Why should Sony be honest about games coming to PC? they want you to buy a PS5.

OP you should be ashamed of your self for creating this stupid thread. I feel sorry and ashamed for you.
7xFvARS.jpg

I'm always baffled by how some people get so upset that more people can now enjoy games that they allegedly like.

Yeah. I mean it's all just an entertainment and even though I own PS5, XSS, Switch and a PC, I have no problem with MS/Sony releasing their games on other platforms. As a matter of fact I wish Nintendo would follow suit.

But it's a religion to others apparently.

Fortunately all that ranting here, on Twitter and anywhere else won't change Sony's strategy. It will also not put a slightest dent in their console sales.

no mate, you're not allowed to enjoy games on PC without making things complex. whichever PC part you buy, you are given a settlement that you've to tweak settings for 20 hours before starting the game, don't act like there isn't. If not, your CPU or GPU will be remotely overcharged with obnoxious amounts of voltage and get burned. i don't know what kind of incentive you have for lying about this

PHGMTmQ.png

so i wrote to fromsoftware, reporting my ailments. they awarded me with 36 unique screenshots, a review and 37 achivements, so that from outside, it looks like i was able to play the game, enjoy it, even. but its all a hoax.

You couldn't get the remaining 5 achievements, so you must've had a plethora of PC problems!!!1

Drizzlehell

Banned
I'm always baffled by how some people get so upset that more people can now enjoy games that they allegedly like.
When you're part of an exclusive club that a large group of people have no access to, it makes you feel more special. It's the kind of stuff you'd care about in grammar school when you wanted to dunk on that one kid whose parents didn't buy him a Nintendo.

I genuinely believe that the only reason why an adult person would still engage in this kind of behavior is if they had below-average IQ.

Brigandier

The petulance shown because of games eventually coming to PC is astonishing.

They acquired Nixxes it was obvious games were going to start coming to PC more.

If it affects your feelings that much then sue them, You will lose.

Lol this idea of everything has to stay the same for all eternity. You want realistic eye melting graphics. That cost money. More graphics more money. Want a bigger game. More money. Want more improve gameplay systems. More money please.

Its good they tap into the pc gamer wallets now. Maybe one day we get that Sony game that is equal in scope to Red Dead Redemption 2 because dont know if you notice, Sony open world games are on the smaller side these days.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch

Yah, Sony is just going with the trend here. You can't fault Sony for preparing their future by starting to invest in PC and mobile.

Fredrik

no mate, you're not allowed to enjoy games on PC without making things complex. whichever PC part you buy, you are given a settlement that you've to tweak settings for 20 hours before starting the game, don't act like there isn't. If not, your CPU or GPU will be remotely overcharged with obnoxious amounts of voltage and get burned. i don't know what kind of incentive you have for lying about this. of course, if you ever "stoop so low" to play a game with default stock GPU? my games never work when I don't overclock my GPU. they simply refuse to start, saying I need 65 more MHz on my core clocks. And when I try to give it 65 more Mhz, it usually crashes because of the GPU. practically, you're not allowed to enjoy or play games for prolonged times on PC

i, too played elden ring for 130+ hrs with a hourly crash average of 60. so, it crashed 60 times every hour, meaning i couldn't play the game at all, since the loading takes 1 minute, it was a crash cycle. load, 1 minnute wait, crash, load, 1 minute crash, load

PHGMTmQ.png

LOL 😄

To be fair though, I have dabbled with some overclocking at times. But I find it’s never worth the time, and it’s never needed, I just see the counter in the corner go up a bit but with gsync I never even see dips anyway unless they drop far down to like the 40s.

Rea

They lied us, Gow, HZD, Spider-Man are all sold to us with the tag
"Only on Playstation ". So now they are on PC years later. What a fucking embarrassment for Sony. They not only lied to us "fans", but also they are embarrassing themselves. LoL.
Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

Why not just put on PC day and date for all of your 1st party games and let me get the fuck out of your Playstation. Please stop with the scamming "port later" strategy.

Bartski

Gold Member
As streaming continues to take over, Playstation will continue evolving into hardware-independent development and publishing platform, get used to it.

RPSleon

Wether a game goes to pc or not has absolutley no effect on me. Ive enjoyed it on the console i own. It doesnt make that experience worse for me.

This is too much emotional investment.

I do agree with OP, that it would be nice to know beforehand how long the first party games are going to remain exclusive to PS5. (So people can make a more informed decision on whether to wait for the PC version or not).

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Agreed, also on pc you cant suspend and resume or jump into points like ps5, those are also important futures that consoles have over pc.

So people should get a ps5 instead of a PC only because of suspend mode.

That's some high priced luxury right there.

yamaci17

So people should get a ps5 instead of a PC only because of suspend mode.

That's some high priced luxury right there.
meanwhile alt-tabbing and background frame limiters;

Bored Cat GIF

yeah..

aCEx4JN.png

1440p-115 fps - 219w total cpu/gpu consumption

CMQHl5V.png

alt-tab, pseudo suspend state 102.5 watts

grDdkaW.png

i've just put my pc to sleep, and back again, and the game works

am I surprised? absolutely no. thank the devs for moder , capable DXGI flip models that made PCs practically act like consoles when it comes to rendering. no more dark days, where games stopped rendering when you alttabed, or when they stopped functioning when you let your PC sleep... gone are those days, thankfully

Last edited:

manzo

Fucking lol at OP. Sony trained you? You're building your identity on a fucking video game console maker, which is a multibillion dollar company whose only interest is to gain profit?

How about stop looking at which platforms the game is on, look at the merits of the game itself for christ sake. You play games, not consoles they're on. A game comes, if it's worth putting your money on, then look at which platform it's available. Then play the fucking game.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
OP if you read a post in this thread and it sounds like the post is mocking you, it is.

Do you want Sony to stop back compatibility on PS5 for games announced as PS4 exclusive?
that 70s show lol GIF by IFC

TheTony316

The ports are made by Nixxes and external studios. Their fist party studios are prioritizing the PS5. By the time PS5 only titles get ported to PC, the "super fast I/O" will be standard and old news.

Top Bottom