• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jim Ryan and Playstation must be sued for misleading PS5 buyer

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Really? Your PC didn’t install any drivers in the background?

Most likely? But why would I care? It was seamless. I plugged it in and it worked. If that's not the definition of plug and play then I don't know what is.

Exactly, it’s just when you said;

‘Shouldn't we aim for the best, not the cheapest experience?’

It sounded as though you were making a blanket statement that PC is the best experience.

It was to point out that every time there's a discussion "consoles or PC", the main argument always is "IT'S CHEAPER". I think Topher Topher explained it well enough.

I’m not denying that you’ll get wider FOV and higher FPS and settings on PC.

Exactly. And to me, that's what defines the best experience. It must look sharp, run smoothly and be responsive.

SeraphJan

I agree with you, but there is a flip side to that. No console is going to offer the gaming experience of what a PC can at any price.
I assume you are talking about a High End PC vs a Console

In a sense of maximalist (which to pursue the best gaming experience possible without the concern of cost), I agree PC is the way to go, not only you have the access to MODs, you could pick any accessory you want, you could have Ultra-wide support, Better graphic and frame rate etc.

Unfortunately the reason console is still a thing is because most people do care about cost.

Topher

Gold Member
I assume you are talking about a High End PC vs a Console

In a sense of maximalist (which to pursue the best gaming experience possible without the concern of cost), I agree PC is the way to go, not only you have the access to MODs, you could pick any accessory you want, you could have Ultra-wide support, Better graphic and frame rate etc.

Unfortunately the reason console is still a thing is because most people do care about cost.

Yep. There is a trade off which is why both our posts are true.

Banjo64

cumsessed
That's what consoles are doing too. Manually updating drivers on PC is a thing of past.
Most likely? But why would I care? It was seamless. I plugged it in and it worked. If that's not the definition of plug and play then I don't know what is.

Yes, but I’ve never had an issue connecting a console accessory to a console. I have had accessories fail to connect with my PC first time when the driver hasn’t installed or has an error.

ViolentP

Yes, but I’ve never had an issue connecting a console accessory to a console. I have had accessories fail to connect with my PC first time when the driver hasn’t installed or has an error.
I’ve had issues with hard drives, headsets, and controllers on consoles. I think the closed nature still offers greater ease of use than pcs but that gap is getting more narrow by the day.

I’ve had issues with hard drives, headsets, and controllers on consoles. I think the closed nature still offers greater ease of use than pcs but that gap is getting more narrow by the day.
Yeah, I'm fucked on my headset, Sony gold, on ps5. Since I can't just connect through Bluetooth, I need a dongle. Can't find the dongle, I think my girl cousin stole it, so I'm using the controller mic. I'm nervous even thinking of replacing the hard drive with SSD speed 😫. I'll stick with external.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Yeah, I'm fucked on my headset, Sony gold, on ps5. Since I can't just connect through Bluetooth, I need a dongle. Can't find the dongle, I think my girl cousin stole it, so I'm using the controller mic. I'm nervous even thinking of replacing the hard drive with SSD speed 😫. I'll stick with external.
The pulse 3d is getting some discounts recently. I recommend it !

The pulse 3d is getting some discounts recently. I recommend it !
No shit! I'll definitely look into that because I wanted some, but my golds were putting in work. I can only imagine how Retunal and Hell Let Loose sound in those.
njg6BoN.gif

Brofist

People still talking about cost? No shit some people prefer cheap stuff. Millions of people still eat fast food don’t they?

On an enthusiast forum like this I find it weird that this comes up as a topic as often as it does though. I’ve never been on an AV forum where someone insisted that their $200 Black Friday Walmart TV was best in class.

People still talking about cost? No shit some people prefer cheap stuff. Millions of people still eat fast food don’t they?

On an enthusiast forum like this I find it weird that this comes up as a topic as often as it does though. I’ve never been on an AV forum where someone insisted that their $200 Black Friday Walmart TV was best in class.
People "Don't like cheap stuff", people like what they can afford and what they're familiar with. Using fast food as any sort of barometer of preference is ridiculous. Price and convenience go along way and those same people may buy that $200. Bet your ass they never saying it's best anything except, best for they wallet.

Seriously. I get it for casuals only, do what you do. But for an enthusiast forum to get caught up on the constant "well how much does your PC cost?"??? Do people brag about beats audio in the audiophile forums? Fuck no. If people don't like these kinds of topics, there are plenty out there for them to enjoy. But to constantly pick fights with people who enjoy having superior things in life (regardless of cost), on an ENTHUSIAST site, is ridiculous. It makes them look sad as fuck.

Last edited:

MikeM

Value means different things to different people.

Seriously. I get it for casuals only, do what you do. But for an enthusiast forum to get caught up on the constant "well how much does your PC cost?"??? Do people brag about beats audio in the audiophile forums? Fuck no. If people don't like these kinds of topics, there are plenty out there for them to enjoy. But to constantly pick fights with people who enjoy having superior things in life (regardless of cost), on an ENTHUSIAST site, is ridiculous. It makes them look sad as fuck.
What is this site enthusiastic about? Is it hardware? Specs? Resolution? Answer that question without whispering sweet nothings to your GPU. I'll be waiting.

tommib

Then shut up and don’t post stupid shit like this next time:
8YciJuk.jpg

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
To experience games on console, you need console + TV. To experience games on PC, you need PC + monitor. Neither one gives good experience under 1500$
People will shit on you for this without any thought.

I think to be fair, MONIOT/TV should be excluded from comparisons. You need one for console also.
So the whole comparison comes down to hardware + peripherals.
Ps5 is $400. We can use digital for comparison because nobody has disc drive in their pc's and it's cheaper. I personally love discs and have $500 version.
Now, it includes a Dualsense controller. That's $70 and it's state of the art gear. For $70 it would be challenging to get wireless pc peripherals. My razer viper ultimate mouse was 150 alone and keyboard another 150 :p But reasonably we can get both for 100 !
So that leaves us with $300 for whole pc. Good luck I guess. In reality, A good pc that punches above these consoles is about 2kusd if not more. Sure you can go quite a lot cheaper but what's the point? You get a pc to punch above consoles performance or image quality.

Imo, PC gaming is for those who just want it. Those who play a lot older games and indie games and emulation etc. But for people who just want to play newest games? It makes little sense. You can get 95% there on a console. Some stuff are even better right now on consoles as direct IO ssd usage and so on.
I have both very expensive pc and console. Ps5 is my comfort gaming. I don't always want to have 30 graphical options, watch df review or read pcgaming wiki just to get 5% better image quality. Sometimes I do though! Cranking to 4k120 is always a good thing if the pc port is good.

Last edited:

lachesis

The way I see it about Sony exclusives in OP's slide is "out with the old, in with the new" approach - You fill that slot with something else new. (for good year or so)
I mean PS users already enjoyed the exclusivity for often more than a year, sometimes several years... so I just don't see what's the big deal.
But right now the replacement rate is slower than porting rate - so that may be an issue.

All games eventually comes to PC. One way or another. Playstation exclusive games - in the future you'll be able to emulate them in given time. I'm sure there's someone working on PS5 emulator or whatnot. By releasing on PC - you'll lead folks who want to play the game yet not enough to buy the system (and possibly prevent them going illegal/grey route.)

I don't think it's a bad choice business wise - and good usage of their older IPs that's not selling as briskly as they used to. Also in the long run - it will help with the game preservation somewhat.

What is this site enthusiastic about? Is it hardware? Specs? Resolution? Answer that question without whispering sweet nothings to your GPU. I'll be waiting.

Then shut up and don’t post stupid shit like this next time:
Found the angry guys.

Enthusiast forums generally don't have the underdogs talking down to the bigdogs. And usually the big dogs don't start shit with the little dogs, but when the Chihuahua keeps barking...

Everyone should play the way they want, but it's pathetic to constantly have one group of warriors that constantly do that to the PC crowd. Notice how it's never the Xbox or Nintendo guys that practice this behavior. We can't even talk about games coming to PC without whiny kids crying about losing ex-clusives. Why get mad or people get to play with your "old toys" that aren't fun anymore after 2 years?

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
You PC cats are a trip. You really need people to know what has been known, admitted, acknowledged and reiterated for the longest. Yes your 3090 is better than a console. Congrats, you win higher FPS and resolutions, but still need to hope for ports. Yall seem to forget that the open platform you so proudly boast about means you got PCs that can't touch modern consoles. Your a subclass of a subclass and on. Plus the peasants run you bitches.
Maybe it's the drought but people forgot what gaming is about.

Brofist

People "Don't like cheap stuff", people like what they can afford and what they're familiar with. Using fast food as any sort of barometer of preference is ridiculous. Price and convenience go along way and those same people may buy that $200. Bet your ass they never saying it's best anything except, best for they wallet.
I'm not trying to berate what people are willing to spend and can afford. I have a ceiling as well as to what I'll spend. But I'm not going to put down the person that spent more than me and try to console myself (lol pun) in some odd way.

But again this is an enthusiast forum. If it was a forum called Bargain Age Forums full of Karens looking to save money on their kid's Christmas presents I would understand the concern for cost.
See now this comment makes me regret typing out a response to your other post, cause it's obvious you have an agenda.

Value means different things to different people.
Next you'll tell me water is wet

Last edited:
Found the angry guys.

Enthusiast forums generally don't have the underdogs talking down to the bigdogs. And usually the big dogs don't start shit with the little dogs, but when the Chihuahua keeps barking...

Everyone should play the way they want, but it's pathetic to constantly have one group of warriors that constantly do that to the PC crowd. Notice how it's never the Xbox or Nintendo guys that practice this behavior. We can't even talk about games coming to PC without whiny kids crying about losing ex-clusives. Why get mad or people get to play with your "old toys" that aren't fun anymore after 2 years?
So you look at obvious bullshit and decide to what throw PC specs on the table. I shouldn't be surprised since you think PC users are the "Bigdogs" on a gaming forum. And the fact you feel specific fanboy groups are better than others is a giant tell. You antagonize then do the I'm just saying shtick because what?

geary

You PC cats are a trip. You really need people to know what has been known, admitted, acknowledged and reiterated for the longest. Yes your 3090 is better than a console. Congrats, you win higher FPS and resolutions, but still need to hope for ports. Yall seem to forget that the open platform you so proudly boast about means you got PCs that can't touch modern consoles. Your a subclass of a subclass and on. Plus the peasants run you bitches.
Bro, your exclusives are outsold by V Rising, an early access game. That how hungry are pc players for consoles exclusives.

Last edited:
So you look at obvious bullshit and decide to what throw PC specs on the table. I shouldn't be surprised since you think PC users are the "Bigdogs" on a gaming forum. And the fact you feel specific fanboy groups are better than others is a giant tell. You antagonize then do the I'm just saying shtick because what?
Wtf are you talking about. I been following this thread for a while, and just notice there's a single, constant group of people that do this. No fanboy is better than the next. But being able to play games at a constant 144/240hz, ultrawide, any peripheral, etc is technically the best option, as you can play just about any game in higher settings across the board. We all have our preferences though, but you can't deny the facts.

I'm not trying to berate what people are willing to spend and can afford. I have a ceiling as well as to what I'll spend. But I'm not going to put down the person that spent more than me and try to console myself (lol pun) in some odd way.

But again this is an enthusiast forum. If it was a forum called Bargain Age Forums full of Karens looking to save money on their kid's Christmas presents I would understand the concern for cost.

See now this comment makes me regret typing out a response to your other post, cause it's obvious you have an agenda.

What do you mean I have an agenda? I wasn't even talking to you and if asking what this site is screams agenda so be it.
You insinuating console players need another site called bargain age forums seems more like an agenda, but I'm sure you didn't mean it that way. You talk like consoles are Tiger electronics and it's beneath anyone who really wants to play.

tommib

What do you mean I have an agenda? I wasn't even talking to you and if asking what this site is screams agenda so be it.
You insinuating console players need another site called bargain age forums seems more like an agenda, but I'm sure you didn't mean it that way. You talk like consoles are Tiger electronics and it's beneath anyone who really wants to play.
Yes, everyone mentioning price is a cheap fuck but then he’s defending his pc gaming for being cheaper than playing on consoles. His agenda is very clear. A lot of blind rage.

Wtf are you talking about. I been following this thread for a while, and just notice there's a single, constant group of people that do this. No fanboy is better than the next. But being able to play games at a constant 144/240hz, ultrawide, any peripheral, etc is technically the best option, as you can play just about any game in higher settings across the board. We all have our preferences though, but you can't deny the facts.
Can't deny facts, but you sure will dodge. You did say some fanboys are better, apparently because they now there place and don't question the superior PC space

When you have the hardware to run it. Obviously all PC run all games better

Brofist

Yes, everyone mentioning price is a cheap fuck but then he’s defending his pc gaming for being cheaper than playing on consoles. His agenda is very clear. A lot of blind rage.
You must be mixing a handful of posters up. That's ok cause all you Sony fan retards sound the same to me too.

I'm bailing on this one fellas. Between people that can't read and plastic box warriors this conversation goes no where. Enjoy your McDonald's value meal guys

Last edited:
This thread is about Sony games coming to PC, and how they keep releasing each one after another. Plus all the rumors that have been confirmed. These games are coming to PC. You don't like that, nor is this thread directed to you, if you have no interest in gaming on PC.

What a weird way to get mad at yourself
tAlyXF1.jpg

Last edited:

PhaseJump

Banned

mega64-shigeru-miyamoto.gif

tommib

I only got in this conversation because mister donjuanschlong was basically calling anyone who dares to talk about price (or not play on a pc) a cheap fuck - when he’s the one gaming on pc to save money apparently.

Anyway, it’s a disgusting conversation.

Last edited:
Bro, your exclusives are outsold by V Rising, an early access game. That how hungry are pc players for consoles exclusives.
I don't have any exclusives and what the fuck is a V Rising and why should I care? An early access game sold 20 mil? Not bad and thanks for opening the door for unfinished games being an actual product we can buy. I guess yall keep eating half cooked product, who'd be hungry after that?
This thread is about Sony games coming to PC, and how they keep releasing each one after another. Plus all the rumors that have been confirmed. These games are coming to PC. You don't like that, nor is this thread directed to you, if you have no interest in gaming on PC.

What a weird way to get mad at yourself
tAlyXF1.jpg
You have no idea what I like pimp. I don't give a shit about you getting old ass port. I'll say have fun and enjoy some great games. What I me the guy responding was pushing back on was the cheap console gamer narrative. Don't get all uppity because you thought someone was attacking your one and only box. Mad at myself 😆 you funny as fuck!

I only got in this conversation because mister donjuanschlong was basically calling anyone who dares to talk about price (or not play on a pc) a cheap fuck - when he’s the done gaming on pc to save money apparently.

Exactly this is classism at it's finest. So much so they'll eat there own because they forget budget PCs exist that can't touch the newest consoles. 🤔

I play tarkov whenever I visit my brother, who finally got his 3080, and he shows me a lot of cool games. The thing about him is he knows I prefer consoles. I'll get a PC when I got time.

You have no idea what I like pimp. I don't give a shit about you getting old ass port.
Pimp? What kinda weird talk is this? Old ass ports? Sweet summer child, just you wait till the floodgates open. Especially since games that weren't mentioned in the leak, are coming to PC. Keep wishing bro, more ppl are getting those ex-clusives

Pimp? What kinda weird talk is this? Old ass ports? Sweet summer child, just you wait till the floodgates open. Especially since games that weren't mentioned in the leak, are coming to PC. Keep wishing bro, more ppl are getting those ex-clusives
Pimp is an English word that has multiple meanings. In this instance I used it as a synonym for homie. Since you don't think the ports that are coming are old, didn't think ass would put it over the top, more power to you. When these "floodgates" open, what???? Are you expecting day one releases? Maybe pc exclusives? You really got me fucked up. None of that shit matters to me, but I'm thinking you get a kick out of it. Fanboy less, playing on PC doesn't inoculate from some heavy warrior shit obviously. I'm sure you wishing on every star every rumor comes true.

Well I’m just happy PC isn’t taking away any games from consoles. That would suck if Sony stopped releasing games on the PS5 in favor of PC.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Found the angry guys.

You are as bad as the ”group of warriors” you complain about. You just do it on the side of the PCMR.

MikeM

I only got in this conversation because mister donjuanschlong was basically calling anyone who dares to talk about price (or not play on a pc) a cheap fuck - when he’s the done gaming on pc to save money apparently.

Its funny because certain people think that all console users are poor and can’t afford PC. Lol to that.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Yea…cheap 4k OLEDS. Your are talking extremes prices for PC, but you cheap out on TVs for your console experience.
You can get a 4k 48 inch LG Oled for £499 delivered in the UK at the moment.

My brother spent more than that for his Odyssey G7 which AFAIK is a VA panel.

Top Bottom