• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jim Ryan criticizes Activision's response to harrassment allegations.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Good to see the industry execs not sitting back. I know Phil Spencer is usually outspoken about this stuff, but good to see Jimbo do the same. Though I would like to see them do more than just talk the talk. They took Cyberpunk off the store page, maybe it's time do it for CoD. Even if its just for a weekend, it sends a message.

Source: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...criticizes-activision-response-to-allegations
And says the person who ruined the Playstation brand and Japan Studio. 🙄🙄🙄.

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Queen Bow Down GIF by A24

Good to see the industry execs not sitting back. I know Phil Spencer is usually outspoken about this stuff, but good to see Jimbo do the same. Though I would like to see them do more than just talk the talk. They took Cyberpunk off the store page, maybe it's time do it for CoD. Even if its just for a weekend, it sends a message.

Source: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...criticizes-activision-response-to-allegations
They take CoD off the market for any reason they just handed Xbox a ton of new customers.

Well... if him care that much why don't Sony and Playstation put their money where are their mouth? Cancel al contracts with activision and don't let them release games on Playstation... Or is that all about looks like a cool woke guy?

I can't stand him

Countdown until Jim is accused of something... Seems to be how these things go. Exec gets a finger pointed at them, all the other execs denounce their ways, then get the finger pointed at them.

just wait until a CoD fanboy dig his dirty laundry or Sony's studios in general to get back to them

in this metoo era, unless you're a fucking saint, just don't judge other people

Last edited:

tmlDan

seems like you're stuck in your bubble, you can't just cancel or void a contract (which likely includes removing a game from the store) - are you lost to the reality of the real world or do you like doing things just because i think i can when you really cannot.

Contracts are not easy to get out of, there are likely only certain situations where they can void it with this not being one without a potential law suit.

KAL2006

Banned
Is Jim trying to poach some Activision staff. He needs the creators of Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy to remake Ape Escape.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
seems like you're stuck in your bubble, you can't just cancel or void a contract (which likely includes removing a game from the store) - are you lost to the reality of the real world or do you like doing things just because i think i can when you really cannot.

Contracts are not easy to get out of, there are likely only certain situations where they can void it with this not being one without a potential law suit.
lol you are talking about some contracts as if you have any inkling of how these things work behind the scenes. both sony and ms have removed games from the store before so there is precedent. i couldnt care less if they remove the game or not. I dont just want them to say things just for saying things to score some points on woke twitter. All these suits talk a big game, but when it comes time for action, they hide behind and rake in the profits.

Azurro

Banned
This is dumb behaviour by Jim Ryan. Until there is a finalized penal process against Activision and the allegations get confirmed, then there's no reason to even bring it up. It's dumb that he feels the need to because Sony is being infected by the cult from within.

Kerotan

Countdown until Jim is accused of something... Seems to be how these things go. Exec gets a finger pointed at them, all the other execs denounce their ways, then get the finger pointed at them.
Well in fairness When's the last time sony, Nintendo or a MS top dog was accused of vile behaviour. They appear to have higher standards.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
The year, prophetically, is 2042.

The worlds surviving economies are now driven by the production and maintenance of two giant, opposing warring mech suits piloted by Jim Ryan and Bobby Kotick. Entire tracts of land that were once home to bustling cities and thriving natural habitats are all but ruined warzones now, over which these titans stride and fight.

The cause of the conflict can be traced back to November 17th, 2021, when then PlayStation chief and now Supreme Chancellor of the Pacific Alliance Jim Ryan impugned the good name and motivations of Kotick.

wipeout364

He probably called Kotick to run the quote by him. Activision makes billions for Sony, Jim Ryan will be looking for a new job if he rocks the boat too much.

Last edited:

ElCasual

Well Jim, you are not a morale compass so shut up.
Loke what is doing Phil instead, Backward compability, a shadow release for the most popular mp game in Xbox. So less blablabla and more work. I keep waiting your answer to gamepass

NickFire

Jim is playing with fire IMO. Things can backfire fast these days. A company the size of Sony is fairly likely to have settled a few allegations over the years that would get people really upset these days, without having fired the accused in all cases. It's possible that never happened of course, but seems unlikely to me.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
he could just be deflecting. its a sign of a guilty conscience to speak up first without being asked. :messenger_open_mouth:

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member

The harasser was fired in August 2019 (per her own tweets) and Sony agreed publicly to buy Insomniac in August 2019. Pray tell how this is on Jimbo? It's like blaming Spencer for Blizzard's Cosby Suite.

he could just be deflecting. its a sign of a guilty conscience to speak up first without being asked. :messenger_open_mouth:

Phil Spencer has spoken out regarding the same in August before Jim, are you going to throw that same shit at him? Of course not because that's fucking stupid.

This is about getting fucking rapists and rapist enablers out of the games industry. The more eyes and publicity to do this the better. Cut out the console warrior shit in important matters.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
The harasser was fired in August 2019 (per her own tweets) and Sony agreed publicly to buy Insomniac in August 2019. Pray tell how this is on Jimbo? It's like blaming Spencer for Zenimax's Cosby Suite.

Phil Spencer has spoken out regarding the same in August before Jim, are you going to throw that same shit at him? Of course not because that's fucking stupid.

This is about getting fucking rapists and rapist enablers out of the games industry. The more eyes and publicity to do this the better. Cut out the console warrior shit in important matters.
It was a joke.. but sure 🤷‍♂️ I am sure alot of the older guys have skeletons in their closet.

Fuz

Banned
Look at all those people believing BIG_CEO_#71 really cares.

So cute.

Last edited:
Top Bottom