• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jim Ryan: Sony will start bringing ‘some iconic PlayStation IP’ to mobile this financial year

CamHostage

I'm fine. As long as it doesn't take resources away from the PS5 product line (which there wouldn't be much reason to be, Sony has handled multiple platform support before and many of the same types of studios that made games and ports/spinoff games for PSP and Vita will do the mobile game, not your Naughty Dogs and Sucker Punches.)

While they're at it, though, I could really use an actual PlayStation Mobile device, with buttons and a controller, assuming these games are any good. PS Vita was basically a powerful mobile chipset for the time, and I want another one of those to play these games on, please. If I can't have a real third PS portable but if Sony is going to start making portable-oriented games again instead of just the big console titles, I would like a game system to play it on instead of my phone. Let it take calls if it (although I do not think the Xperia Play idea will work a second time, it didn't even work the first time) but I want buttons and a gamepad and sticks.

sonyeric-xperia_play-veriz-game-lg.jpg

Last edited:

kyussman

Good for them,I hope they make lots of money from the millions of people that love pouring their money into these mobile games.....I'll just ignore them like every other mobile game ever made.

0neAnd0nly

Gold Member
The industry is headed towards such a sucky point.

All these acquisitions sucks. They can pretend it isn't reaction, but it is. MS set off a lit fuse that will basically end the industry as we know it. Sucks for consumers, of course - MS has always been against consumers in their moves; basically, invented micro-transactions in gaming, first to introduce paid online, started this BS major acquisition chain, DRM / Always online, push to end physical media as a way to monopolize the market and do whatever they want with price for a service they own. Meh.

I know some will try the Ostrich method and pretend none of this matters, but it all sucks and it will. Game companies are going to be so lame now with no major 3rd party support, all first party like these massive streaming services for entertainment and you won't be able to play ~%50 of what you want unless you buy every console on the market.

/rant

As long as they Keep the quality single player games coming, I don't care what else they do. Nothing wrong with trying to branch out but don't forget to feed your core audience.

Last edited:

SNG32

The industry is headed towards such a sucky point.

All these acquisitions sucks. They can pretend it isn't reaction, but it is. MS set off a lit fuse that will basically end the industry as we know it. Sucks for consumers, of course - MS has always been against consumers in their moves; basically, invented micro-transactions in gaming, first to introduce paid online, started this BS major acquisition chain, DRM / Always online, push to end physical media as a way to monopolize the market and do whatever they want with price for a service they own. Meh.

I know some will try the Ostrich method and pretend none of this matters, but it all sucks and it will. Game companies are going to be so lame now with no major 3rd party support, all first party like these massive streaming services for entertainment and you won't be able to play ~%50 of what you want unless you buy every console on the market.

/rant
You’ll be able to play more than 50% if your on PC.

Ffs, We want more first party exclusives for PS5 Jim. Not this. Exclusive should last till the end of that generation then you can port them over to mobile & pc after PS6 arrives.

Last edited:

Zeroing

Banned
Well I discussed this earlier, anyone remember that mobile Sony game of sack boy running? Yeah I doubt that type of stuff will happen again.

Apple been advertising the dualsense controller and mobile could mean you can play with a controller…

Top Bottom