• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JJ Abrams, Matt Reeves, and Bruce Timm Making a New Batman Animated Series on HBO Max

ManaByte

Batman 1989 led to Batman: The Animated Series. One of the greatest animated shows ever produced. Now JJ Abrams and Matt Reeves are doing the same with The Batman and doing a new animated series on HBO Max with Bruce Timm involved:

“We are beyond excited to be working together to bring this character back, to tell engrossing new stories in Gotham City,” said Abrams (Star Wars: The Force Awakens) and Reeves (The Batman) in a statement. “The series will be thrilling, cinematic and evocative of Batman’s noir roots, while diving deeper into the psychology of these iconic characters. We cannot wait to share this new world.”
oonxk1zk43071.jpg

Last edited:

CGiRanger

Banned
JJ Abrams to me is synonymous with total Mediocrity at best. I honestly cannot think of anything he's made that I'd want to rewatch or look back on with fondness or that stands the test of time.

So yeah, not expecting much here, even with Bruce Timm's name.

kunonabi

Abrams and the current Timm do not instill much confidence.

Still it will undoubtedly better than the terrible Superman cartoon they're going to put out.

mortal

Gold Member
Batman 1989 led to Batman: The Animated Series. One of the greatest animated shows ever produced. Now JJ Abrams and Matt Reeves are doing the same with The Batman and doing a new animated series on HBO Max with Bruce Timm involved:

oonxk1zk43071.jpg
Damn, I've always loved this version of the cowl, but JJ Abrams being attached doesn't exactly get me jumping out of my seat.

I'm optimistic, but cautious.

And when I say cautious, I mean that I'm wondering how badly they could fuck it all up.

The recent DC animated movies are so shit, that I'm amazed at how shit they have gotten when I once heralded DC's animated movies as the biggest win they have over Marvel.

Now they can't even do that.

Top Bottom