• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joe Rogan vs. The Rock vs. Awkwafina Twitterpocalypse 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew1440

Remember of course that cancel culture is very selective, if Joe Rogan is being cancelled its because there's an agenda at play.
You will find much worse in the lyrics of most hiphop/metal songs but are simply given a pass.

Is all of this news boosting his numbers? I hope so!

I haven't listened to him for the longest time despite being subscribed to Spotify because I hate using the app that much for podcasts.

dcll

Banned
These same dishonest people screeched facist! Nazi! Etc all during the Trump presidency I would bet money on it

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
2) This suggests....I dunno, big powers are at play and making it happen behind the scenes? High levels of coordination from the TOP MEN?

Well I can't really answer that without getting specifically political, but lets just say that certain recent first amendment skirting comments made by a certain White House press secretary show the way the wind is blowing on this issue.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Well I can't really answer that without getting specifically political, but lets just say that certain recent first amendment skirting comments made by a certain White House press secretary show the way the wind is blowing on this issue.
I don’t think you need to get specifically political to understand that a hit job like isn’t overly complicated to pull off for a firm whose job it is to manipulate social media, SEO, selectively edit clips, etc. especially when the clips are already out there. I also don’t think it’s political commentary to say that if someone in the White House makes a comment that seems to align with that firm’s politics, it’s far from proof that there’s coordination between the two.

There are grifters are one side trying to make a profit by canceling Joe Rogan through dishonest attempts to paint him as all the ists and phobics.

There are grifters on the other side trying to paint these efforts as some grand conspiracy or proof that everything they’ve ever said about the mainstream media is true.

They’re all just profiting off of eyeballs and clicks, truth be damned. Don’t listen to the grifters on either side

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I don’t think you need to get specifically political to understand that a hit job like isn’t overly complicated to pull off for a firm whose job it is to manipulate social media, SEO, selectively edit clips, etc. especially when the clips are already out there. I also don’t think it’s political commentary to say that if someone in the White House makes a comment that seems to align with that firm’s politics, it’s far from proof that there’s coordination between the two.

There are grifters are one side trying to make a profit by canceling Joe Rogan through dishonest attempts to paint him as all the ists and phobics.

There are grifters on the other side trying to paint these efforts as some grand conspiracy or proof that everything they’ve ever said about the mainstream media is true.

They’re all just profiting off of eyeballs and clicks, truth be damned. Don’t listen to the grifters on either side

Look, institutional capture is a real phenomenon and an incredibly dangerous one for society.

If neither the government nor the mainstream media cares about free speech because its beneficial to their interests, to whom does the public turn for redress?

Mikey Jr.

Hey, I am 100% down for multimillionaires and people of influence destroying each other.

Great in my book. Keep it going fellas!

BouncyFrag

Look, institutional capture is a real phenomenon and an incredibly dangerous one for society.

If neither the government nor the mainstream media cares about free speech because its beneficial to their interests, to whom does the public turn for redress?
Not neogaf, lol.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
You were also absolutely convinced not too long ago that the clips recently reposted must’ve taken thousands of hours of podcast scouring to pull off and thus were concrete evidence of these high powered forces were at play when…none of that was true. So maybe pump the brakes a bit on all the dot connecting here.

Thaedolus

Gold Member

I wonder if the far-leftist cancel mob will go after TYT; my guess is probably not. It's pretty easy to not say that word, even if you wanna quote somebody, just say "the n-word", everybody will know what word you're talking about don't you worry.

Nobody ever thinks this shit will turn around on them until it does

CGiRanger

Banned
Most news outlets have become the Joe Rogan reaction channel. They're just jealous of his numbers.
News outlets have found a new Trump to go after for ratings.

The CNN pedophile and sexual abuser network in particular has cratered in ratings since the new admin took over. There's no chance in hell that Zucker left because of an open secret he dated his subordinate. Especially if Fredo is threatening to sue for wrongful termination lol.

Also re twitter:

Last edited:

ntropy

if your misinformation advocates for covid19 vaccines, then all is forgiven
but the moment you merely advocate for alternatives -- a second opinion -- then you are cast to hell

MrMephistoX

Wow. Good one. Do better next time.

What’s crazy is that the people doing this shit are convinced they’re the most compassionate people around. They pretend to have all this empathy when in reality, they are angry, vindictive people who jump from one moral indignation to the next. They tear down anything they can get their hands on just so they can stand on top of the rubble and feel a little taller.
The parallels to evangelical Christians and the puritans are stunning: people have just replaced religious fervor with keyboard condemnation.

Thank god smart phones didn’t exist or my elementary school live reading of Huckleberry Finn would have all of us cancelled by now.

Last edited:

CGiRanger

Banned
The parallels to evangelical Christians and the puritans are stunning: people have just replaced religious fervor with keyboard condemnation.

Thank god cell phones didn’t exist or my elementary school live reading of Huckleberry Finn would have all of us cancelled by now.
As I've said, Cancel Culture is truly the modern version of Excommunication. The new crusades are from the Church of Wokenism

As I've said, Cancel Culture is truly the modern version of Excommunication. The new crusades are from the Church of Wokenism
It’s definitely a religious movement. It even has a lot of parallels with things like original sin, martyred saints, “chosen people”, commandments, rituals, etc.

When you look at religion after stripping away the supernatural elements, it’s basically a good vs evil story with prescriptions for living your life. That’s what wokeism is. It has a narrative and it tries to dictate how a person should live from a moral perspective based on the framework of that narrative.

Last edited:

lifa-cobex

I think i'm an addict to internet drama.
I've had a massive fill for this past week.

Werner Herzog Halloween GIF by Arrow Video

LordCBH

Retards: try to silence Joe
Joe: lol no
Retards: “let’s dig through old ass videos to find something offensive!”

The best way to counter speech you don’t like is to ignore it or offer opposing views.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
You'd think people who live in glass houses would learn not to throw stones.
I don’t think it’s coincidence that the most vocal proponents of anti-gay rhetoric are the ones always caught cruising for dudes in airports or whatever, or the loudest modern virtue signalers have the worst 10 year old tweets

Boss Mog

I don’t think it’s coincidence that the most vocal proponents of anti-gay rhetoric are the ones always caught cruising for dudes in airports or whatever, or the loudest modern virtue signalers have the worst 10 year old tweets
"Accuse the other side of that which you are guilty of" ...we know whose playbook that is sadly.

MrMephistoX

Would be interesting to see how many wokesters grew up being forced to go to religious schools, Christian summer camps, bible study and youth groups in the late 90s - early 2000s only to renounce it later and needed something to fill that holier than thou void in their lives.

Last edited:

Mistake

After they finally push Joe and his entire audience to the far right media ecosystem that will not persecute him, then racism will finally be defeated.
For some reason your post made me think if Terminator was remade. “John Conner is a racist botphobe!” -Skynet

Last edited:

MrMephistoX

For some reason your post made me think if Terminator was remade. “John Conner is a racist botphobe!” -Skynet
Cast an ethnically diverse gender fluid terminator t-800 and make it a shared universe with American history X with Edward Furlong: from the outset you’re rooting for the terminator as the protagonist it’s like poetry.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Can you anwser why is it today Joe Rogan and not others?
Definitively? No, but it doesn’t seem shocking when:
-comedians in particular say things that toe or cross the line, so they all seem to get their time in the barrel eventually
-he’s easily the biggest target out there with his audience
-longtime fans like yours truly have really soured and grown frustrated with his COVID shit, so there may be some perceived weakness
-the mob hasn’t had a big takedown for a minute so they’re bored and looking for something to do

…probably some combination of those or other things. It’s not like deplatforming people for saying edgy or controversial shit is new. Bill Maher got kicked off his show which was even called Politically Incorrect two decades ago. I don’t think that was some mustache twirling plot in a back room, he just got booted and went to another network as I’m sure Joe could do if Spotify gave in.

DeceptiveAlarm

Gold Member
News outlets have found a new Trump to go after for ratings.

The CNN pedophile and sexual abuser network in particular has cratered in ratings since the new admin took over. There's no chance in hell that Zucker left because of an open secret he dated his subordinate. Especially if Fredo is threatening to sue for wrongful termination lol.

Also re twitter:

Pat with the wisdom.

Billbofet

I am convinced anyone who thinks Joe Rogan is actively spreading misinformation, is racist, transphobic, or whatever others pretend to be hurt by have never listened to his podcast except completely out of context.
Then you have Whoopi who, in the process of apologizing for some stupid shit she has said, really shows her bigotry and ignorance, but since she's on the right side of legacy media, she gets to "learn" from this.
It's all so obvious and tiresome.

This will also just grow his audience exponentially as real fans know this is bullshit and others will listen in to see what the big deal is and realize he is one of the only podcasts out there that allow discussion and discourse.

This also just fucks over others without the power of Rogan to never ever have an opinion outside of what is deemed right at that moment in time.

I think it's pretty funny that the Rock forgot he was a huge international brand and tried to be a real person with a real opinion for 5 minutes and the mob quickly browbeat him back in line. Guarantee you he learned his lesson.
You'd think he has a social media manager managing his tweets.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Lol.
people who decide somone is racist because they see some out of context sound bites of Rogan saying "Nigger" are retarded.

Just because somone says a word does not mean they are calling somone that word..... He was referring to other people saying the word.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
You were also absolutely convinced not too long ago that the clips recently reposted must’ve taken thousands of hours of podcast scouring to pull off and thus were concrete evidence of these high powered forces were at play when…none of that was true. So maybe pump the brakes a bit on all the dot connecting here.

You're talking like my opinion has been changed, when it hasn't. Straight up, I've not seen the offending clips. Why would I want to? I was merely going off of descriptions I've heard of it, and rationally assessing what it would require to create such an artifact.

The thing you have to understand is this political theatre is not for our benefit. As an individual Joe Rogan is fundamentally uncancellable, he has a huge and loyal audience. However by exerting pressure on the board of Spotify shortly before their quarterlies, they can rein him in without their fingerprints ever being directly on the action!

And I disagree with your assessment of the situation, I do consider it coordinated and emanating from powerful vested interest groups within the political and media mainstream.

Gotta say, I don't share some cartoonish vision of what a conspiracy is. To me its not a bunch of guys making clandestine plans in the shadows, its powerful people making decisions in boardrooms and in zoom calls, its about hiring individuals into positions where they can cherry pick like-minded underlings. Its about seeing their will made manifest through power and influence. This is how you ensure coordination such that when a Joe Rogan takes Ivermectin for Covid, every mainstream outlet in the English speaking world coincidentally lands upon the peculiar sobriquet of "horse dewormer" for it! Even when it takes minimal research to see that its been on the WHO essential medicines list for years.

Believe what you want though. Just my 10c.

Spaceman292

Banned
Hmmm, I like all these people, well I don’t really have an opinion on Rogan I just remember him as a comedian.

I’m going to continue to be ignorant and enjoy my bliss.

Ralph Wiggum Reaction GIF
I didn't think anyone remembered him as a comedian. Mostly because as a comedian, he sucked and was never popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom