• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

|OT| Social Joe Rogan's Podcast |OT|

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Nov 13, 2013
Joe said when he went to Spotify he lost 50% of his listeners, but now he has more than he’s ever had and he said perhaps facetiously “thanks CNN” implying them going after him for the ivermectin stuff brought a whole new set of viewers.

Reactions: Jsisto

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Sep 5, 2014
USA
Joe said when he went to Spotify he lost 50% of his listeners, but now he has more than he’s ever had and he said perhaps facetiously “thanks CNN” implying them going after him for the ivermectin stuff brought a whole new set of viewers.
I am surprised he recouped so many. Good for him. I'm still not going to listen on Spotify though.

Erdrick

Jan 11, 2005

I signed up for Spotify the moment he went off YouTube and it's been great based on my experience. I don't really use it for music so much but I listen to about 20 podcasts via there and I can't believe I went without it prior. His podcast is still video if I feel like watching it and the updates are usually timely and on schedule. Granted... I'm like 30 episodes behind on his show due to listening to so many shows now but I've discovered so many other shows thanks to Rogan, so I don't mind the variety.

I'm up to December 7th in terms of his episodes haha. I'll get there.

Reactions: IDKFA

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004
Joe has completely lost it. He used to regularly affirm that he was a meathead and a dumbass, that he was an expert in combat sports and not intellectual disciplines—because he isn’t. Living in that space worked well for him since he focused on being a great listener who people could relax and open up with.

This space he occupies now is a disaster of aggressive ignorance, misinformation, confirmation bias, and cognitive dissonance.

JLB

Dec 6, 2018
Joe has completely lost it. He used to regularly affirm that he was a meathead and a dumbass, that he was an expert in combat sports and not intellectual disciplines—because he isn’t. Living in that space worked well for him since he focused on being a great listener who people could relax and open up with.

This space he occupies now is a disaster of aggressive ignorance, misinformation, confirmation bias, and cognitive dissonance.

Let me gently disagree. I think some of his chapters are still awesome, and one of the few places where other voices -like Dr. Malone- have a platform. Also bringing Gupta from CNN was great and a good conversation to see different ideas / understanding of reality face to face.

Jsisto

Oct 11, 2019
New Jersey
He’s always had his occasional meat head moments for as long as I watched it. I remember once he had John Mackey, the former ceo of Whole Foods on, where they had a really tense exchange that got very uncomfortable to watch. John was insisting that the research suggests a whole food, plant based diet, is the best diet for longevity and heart health, and Joe got very angry and defensive because I think at the time he was doing carnivore.

If you’re just looking at video clips it’s easy to come to the conclusion that he’s some kind of loon, but he’s human, and so naturally he falters at times. Short clips really don’t give you the full picture and can paint anybody in the worst light if that’s all you see of them. I’m not going to let one mistake or bad take ruin my whole opinion of the show and man. A majority of the time there’s really interesting guests and the long form makes for the types of conversations you really don’t see many other places. He’s not an expert and never claims to. He doesn’t have to reiterate it every episode. But he still does do so at times, again, you just don’t see it in 30 second clips.

The recent Jim Gaffigan episode was great. He really is the best version of himself when talking to other comedians.

Last edited:

Ozarkx

Banned
Dec 7, 2021
I personally know people who have taken the vax/booster and their health has been destroyed.

It’s been termed “safe and effective” because of the way the data is manipulated.

For example, the CDC’s original definition of vaxxed when this started was “14 days after the final shot.”

For everyone that died immediately of stroke, heart attack, etc in that fourteen day window following the final shot, they were listed as an “unvaccinated death.”

That’s 100% deceptive bullshit.

May 22, 2018
Seems like the transition to Spotify was a good time to jump off the program. :messenger_grimmacing_

Get a load of that goalposts shifting wtf haha. Typically he would say something stupid, acknowledge that what he's saying may be inaccurate, get Jamie to look it up and go from there.

I'm noticing more and more that he will get Jamie to look something up and either double down kn what he's saying or move the goalposts in the most cowardly way possible.

Reactions: Maiden Voyage

SJRB

May 10, 2012