• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joe Rogan's Podcast |OT|

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I'm kind of suprised Jeremy Wade has never been on the the show. I've been watching a lot of river monsters lately and he seems like a guest joe would love to have.

Tesseract

Banned
Lex is back baby

tumblr_oorrakZ7qh1w4o831o1_540.gif

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Who would you say is Joe's most frequent guest in Texas? In California it was probably either Callen, Duncan, Papa, Segura... one of those 4. In Texas it's probably Dillon? I think this is Fridman's 2nd time on since he's moved there too, right? Maybe even third?

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Taker and Tulsi episodes were great. Taker was super-chill and surprisingly modest for a man of his legendary status, Tulsi was just really impressive. Unbelievable that someone of her obvious quality was given such short-shrift politically.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Brian Redban is the most boring uninteresting person ever and every time he's on he allows these long awkward pauses. He never has anything insightful to say. His conversations with Joe are like you crashing over your buddy's house at 3 am half asleep just laying down on the couch mumbling nonsensical inaudible things back to one another.

I can never make it past 10 minutes with any Redban episode.

manfestival

I am like 65 minutes into the Ira Glasser podcast. Very interesting and suggestive that I can totally understand. However, he seems to suddenly become inconsistent when the subject becomes Trump rather than his overall body of work. It feels like he tries to force Trump into this position like trying to put a box in a circular socket. If I were to speculate, to me it comes across as him saying what needs to be said in order to protect his position but it does not come across consistently which leads to me believe he actually otherwise. Just my two cents on it. The rest of the stuff is super interesting. I do appreciate a mind like his and that he can be such an advocate for free speech.

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
Late to the party. Haven't really been watching Joe for a while since the Spotify move, but enjoyed the snippets of his Undertaker interview. Apparently he's a very private person, so great to see him do a podcast. He's someone who I think surpassed just being simply a Wrestling name, and even if you don't really watch WWE have likely heard of him. Interesting to hear his stories.

So weird to see him talk like a normal guy, as he has been in character for so long it seems like.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Late to the party. Haven't really been watching Joe for a while since the Spotify move, but enjoyed the snippets of his Undertaker interview. Apparently he's a very private person, so great to see him do a podcast. He's someone who I think surpassed just being simply a Wrestling name, and even if you don't really watch WWE have likely heard of him. Interesting to hear his stories.

So weird to see him talk like a normal guy, as he has been in character for so long it seems like.

'Taker sounds like such a cool guy. Mad respect to his dedication to the craft.

burst

I used to listen to JRE from 2012 to about 2016, just got sick of him, he became too egotistical, took himself too seriously, his sense of humour sucks and his stand up is awful. But he did get me interested in a lot of topics I probably would have missed or taken longer to become aware of. Are any of you guys still listening from the old days?

Winter John

I stopped listening over the last few months mostly because all he seemed to talk about was the homeless in L.A, aliens and not being able to do stand up. Mostly it was his rants about the homeless that turned me off. He seemed to be blaming them instead of the people in charge who were responsible for creating that mess in the first place. I got no doubt there's some real scumbags on skid row but listening to Rogan, a multi millionaire bragging about running off to Texas so he can avoid paying taxes while bitching about the poorest in society doesn't sit right with me.

Winter John

I was looking forward to the Robert Bigelow podcast. I'm not that interested in UFO's but guys like Bob Lazar and George Knapp are really interesting. I wanted to hear what he had to say about Skinwalker Ranch. Unfortunately he was clearing his throat everytime he spoke, which became so irritating I turned it off.

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
What did you guys think to the Kevin Hart episodes? That guy surprised me. I just never expected him to be so deep and inspirational. I would honestly say I appreciate him more now and his work ethic.

Going to listen to it again. Some seriously inspirational shit.

bronk

Banned
What did you guys think to the Kevin Hart episodes? That guy surprised me. I just never expected him to be so deep and inspirational. I would honestly say I appreciate him more now and his work ethic.

Going to listen to it again. Some seriously inspirational shit.

I hated it. Then when he tried to be a know it all about impossible burgers i cringed to death.

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
I hated it. Then when he tried to be a know it all about impossible burgers i cringed to death.
Fair enough. I thought he made some really good points, especially about negativity on the internet. That part was so spot on, and more people should listen to it. Some people thrive on negativity and surround themselves with it, it's not healthy.

I don't even rate him as a stand-up comedian, but his words just resonated with me.

bronk

Banned
Fair enough. I thought he made some really good points, especially about negativity on the internet. That part was so spot on, and more people should listen to it. Some people thrive on negativity and surround themselves with it, it's not healthy.

I don't even rate him as a stand-up comedian, but his words just resonated with me.
Im as positive as it gets. Come with me to the gym we'll slam some weights get jacked and get all the ladies.

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
I might seek out the full version of this. It's always nice to hear someone well-known talk about their experiences with social anxiety. You can feel so alone with it sometimes.

I like Rob Zombie. He just seems to have passion for what he does, and it is incredible how he has became such a huge name with crippling anxiety.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Finally got around to listening to the Marcus Luttrell episode and it ended really weird. He's like I'm gonna take a bathroom break and then Joe's like cool I'll take to Jamie until you get back and the episode just ends lol.

Anyway it's really cool he helped the Muslim guy who saved him move to America.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Rogan had Eric Weinstein on in his latest, it started off good then got a little weird and awkward when Eric Weinstein was trying to explain this project he was working on and Joe had no idea what the hell he was talking about and he kept telling Jamie to pull up this website and Joe was like ok this is an issue because only 30% of the viewers watch video. And I skipped ahead like 30 minutes and he was still trying to explain it.

Gonna finish it later.

Bridges

Rogan had Eric Weinstein on in his latest, it started off good then got a little weird and awkward when Eric Weinstein was trying to explain this project he was working on and Joe had no idea what the hell he was talking about and he kept telling Jamie to pull up this website and Joe was like ok this is an issue because only 30% of the viewers watch video. And I skipped ahead like 30 minutes and he was still trying to explain it.

Gonna finish it later.
Funniest part to me was that he told Eric they couldn't play any of the videos he prepared and then later had Jamie play a different video when he wanted to talk about the state of New York.

It was a good episode but I agree it was weird listening to Joe get so aggressive and frustrated, there were parts where it seemed like he was just arguing for the sake of arguing

Top Bottom