• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joe Rogan's Podcast |OT|

kamkamkam

Funniest part to me was that he told Eric they couldn't play any of the videos he prepared and then later had Jamie play a different video when he wanted to talk about the state of New York.

It was a good episode but I agree it was weird listening to Joe get so aggressive and frustrated, there were parts where it seemed like he was just arguing for the sake of arguing

Or when Eric got super butt hurt about tim dillion trashing him.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Joe really wants to make Austin the epicenter of comedy in the US. Do you think he'll be able to pull it off?

He's trying to totally change the game. He said he thinks there's no logical reason why LA has to be. No comedians really care about getting in sitcoms anymore. They all just do podcasts instead in addition to comedy when they get famous enough. He said Hollywood has nothing for the comedy scene anymore than Austin can't have.

What he said makes sense, I just wonder if he can get enough people in Texas to do it. He already got a lot to move there and he said more are on the way.

I honestly hope he does. Fuck California. That state is an abomination right now.

Winter John

Can he make a successful comedy club in Austin? Sure. He has the cash to fund it and can use his podcast to lure big names in. Can he replace Hollywood? Nah. That's where the real money and the audiences are.

mango drank

Hell yeah, Brian Greene! I was just thinking about when Joe had him on about a year ago, and how that one stands out in my mind as one of my favorite eps of Joe's show ever. Haven't listened to this new one yet.

EDIT: listened to this new one, it was so-so. Some good bits of info and some fun parts, but overall kinda dry. Oh well.

Last edited:

Erdrick

I'm listening to Wednesday's GSP one at the moment. Incredibly well spoken and interesting to hear from. Greene is in my queue after this. I disagree with some of Joe's views but that's one of the best parts of his show for me. I get to see a wide range of perspectives and viewpoints just based on the sheer variety of guests he has on. I've discovered so many other fascinating people via his show (Lex Fridman is a fucking treasure, btw.) and I've come to really anticipate who he will have on his show each week.

I've been a regular listener for almost a year now, and I find it hilarious how people can get so offended by him.

Yeah, some episodes are better than others... (The one in early December with that Vox founder guy? Cringe city.) but it's still something I enjoy having on in the background or while driving and such. Some really cool stuff within.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell

A look at the studio. Joe said in the beginning he's likely gonna move that sign behind him, as it looks more annoying than he thought it would. Either way, things feeling a bit back to normal.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
The Tom Segura episode felt like a classic Rogan episode. Hopefully he’ll get more of the gang back in studio now that more are moving to Texas. Need to get Callen and Eddie out there too.

SpiceRacz

I think I said on here when he moved to Austin that the studio was temporary. If I remember right, it was done in a really short amount of time. If it was that uncomfortable to look at, it was probably just as uncomfortable to record in. The new studio setup and episode w/ Segura is a very welcome return to form.

Erdrick

Listening to the latest episode and while I don't really watch them, it's nice to see them in a nicer studio. The lighting makes a massive difference.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Joe admitted in his recent episode after denying it for a while, that one of the reasons he went to Spotify is the fear of Youtube pulling the plug on him one day because he or his guests said something they didn't like.

Last edited:

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Joe admitted in his recent episode after denying it for a while, that one of the reasons he went to Spotify is the fear of Youtube pulling the plug on him one day because he or his guests said something they didn't like.

bs, joe is the kind of guy to do something and rationalize it to his liking after the fact

he did it for the hundreds of millions
spotify is as "woke" as it gets and joe is a fucking hypocrite

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
bs, joe is the kind of guy to do something and rationalize it to his liking after the fact

he did it for the hundreds of millions
spotify is as "woke" as it gets and joe is a fucking hypocrite
That was obviously the main reason, but I do think the fear of being pulled from YT was one of many tiny factors underneath the money.

Erdrick

I was just wondering how long it was for. At least it's not longer than that. I still use the free version of Spotify anyway but I'd prefer to just download them off his site like before.

Amey

1GSkPvG.gif

Joe Rogan in Unreal Engine Artstation

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I fucking hate Spotify. It's the little things. I'll be listening and I'll be like wait a second this sounds familiar they were just talking about this. And I'll check the time and somehow it will randomly jump back like 20 minutes for no apparent reason. This happens ALL THE FUCKING TIME. And never with apple podcast app. It did it a few episodes ago, I forget which one but I know I had like 7 minutes left and I was nearing the end and I was listening and then I heard repeat talk and I checked the time and it said like 25 minutes left.

And also I'll be listening on my phone and pause it for a minute and then hit resume from the lock screen and it'll play for like a split second then stop on its own. Then I hit play and it stops again. Then I'll hit play again and it'll finally play.

I just hate this fucking app.

Last edited:

Erdrick

I sometimes have it go to an ad during a podcast, which, fine. I'm not paying for it, so I get it. But when it resumes, it restarts the podcast! Not cool when I've got a 4h + one going and I'll be damned if I knew where it was at, time wise.

Has happened a handful of times thus far over the 6 months of me using the app.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Tim Dillon in his latest podcast episode railed on Austin. Not sure if he was just fucking around or if he was serious. Sometimes with him you can never tell. I think he was serious though.

He’s like I’m disappointed in Austin. The town is trashy. The people aren’t that nice. And every bar and club is annoying. They just sing sweet caroline. He’s like the entire town has this bbq beefy smell you can’t escape from.

I think he was obviously using comedic hyperbole, but Joe convinced him to move there and the first week he got there was that crazy winter storm that shut the entire state down, and now he’s saying he doesn’t like it there. The Texas transition hasn’t gone well for Tim. 😂

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Tim Dillon in his latest podcast episode railed on Austin. Not sure if he was just fucking around or if he was serious. Sometimes with him you can never tell. I think he was serious though.

He’s like I’m disappointed in Austin. The town is trashy. The people aren’t that nice. And every bar and club is annoying. They just sing sweet caroline. He’s like the entire town has this bbq beefy smell you can’t escape from.

I think he was obviously using comedic hyperbole, but Joe convinced him to move there and the first week he got there was that crazy winter storm that shut the entire state down, and now he’s saying he doesn’t like it there. The Texas transition hasn’t gone well for Tim. 😂
He should have moved to Dallas or Houston. Hell, even a smaller area like Conroe is superior.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Anthony Cumia episode today. He told a story at the end about 20 mins left about this hot traffic girl in NYC he used to date and how she caught him cheating. It was hilarious.

Jill%20Nicolini.jpeg

If i worked at Spotify and wantd a presentable show for the mainstream audience i too would delete Brian Redban episodes, the early ones were just dark shit
The 1st episode started autoplaying the other day and it was weird to hear Joe calling everything gay and then he went into a story about a "tranny" when he did the man show one time. I'm surprised Spotify even wants that one on there.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Sebastian Junger is one. He was on a few years ago, one of my favorite episodes of Rogan ever. He tells a story about how he came incredibly close to death recently. He's very lucky. Glad he made it.

teezzy

Banned
I'm excited to listen to the Anthony Cumia episode this weekend. Belated, but I haven't been keeping up since the Spotify switch.

I'm actually an even bigger fan of Ant than I am Joe, so seeing them together is always a treat. Shame he can't get him and Jim Norton simultaneously

Xdrive05

Cumia is always a good guest, i wish he wasn't a racist

I get you. He has always been a natural talent at talk, and he's genuinely and spontaneously hilarious. And his views on lots of things, when he does press them, are just off-putting to so many at the same time.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Sam Harris has been making the rounds lately, wouldn't surprise me if he has a Rogan episode sometime soon.

Meanwhile Tim Dillon continues to bash Austin lol.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Neil Degrasse Tyson on today. Did he interrupt Joe through the whole thing like last time? If so, I'm gonna skip, it was awkward.

Top Bottom