• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Johnny Depp RETURNING to Pirates of the Caribbean as Jack Sparrow

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Johnny Depp RETURNING to Pirates of the Caribbean as Jack Sparrow five years after last film​

Johnny Depp is returning to the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise, it has been reported.

The actor, 59, is believed to be reprising his role as swashbuckling favourite Jack Sparrow five years after his last film.

Depp was axed by the Disney franchise in 2018 after bosses said that they wanted to bring "new energy" to the series.

However, earlier this year it was reported that bosses were keen to have him back for a sixth movie and a Disney Plus spin-off series in a $300 million deal.

Disney were said to have expressed their interest in having Depp return after he won his blockbuster legal battle against his ex-wife Amber Heard, 36, in June.

It is reported that Depp is due to have a test shoot in the UK in February according to a new call sheet from production.

The working title of the film is said to be A Day At The Sea.

A source told The Sun: "Johnny is set to return as Captain Jack Sparrow and is scheduled to start filming at the beginning of February at a top secret location in the UK.

“Everything is in the early stages and there is still no director attached to the project, which is being called A Day At The Sea."

Bruce Hendricks, who worked on the first three films, has been named as an executive producer on the new project, however other details have been kept "under lock and key".

Last edited:

feynoob

Banned
johnny depp fangirl challenge GIF

Salz01

I kind of wish he stuck to his guns and told them to go fuck themselves. But 300mill….. hope it’s straight cash to his bank account.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
Hm...as much as I'd like for Johnny Depp to have said "fuck you" to any offer after he was wrongly blackballed, can't say I wouldn't take a lucrative offer like this

Laptop1991

I hope so, the last 2 film's wern't great like the earlier ones but i've liked them from the 1st one, more Captain Jack Sparrow is a good thing.

This is true, I just talked to my man Johnny over here, he confirmed it, there will be at least 7 movies and 2 video games with him in the main role.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
And a million Alpacas. Although I imagine he'll drop that demand on account of the storage/land required.

Well, he has that island. They could live there. There are only something like three million alpacas in the world though, so that's a pretty big chunk of them.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Bob Iger +1

I’m starting to think this guy knows how to make money and run a conglomerate or something

Bob Chapek will be know as just another fool who tried to destroy Captain Jack Sparrow but failed
Bob iger +2

The last disaster of Chapek legacy is the little mermaid movie.

YukiOnna

I would love it, but I highly doubt he returns. He has the outfit anyway and forever remains Jack Sparrow for the children.

The original 3 movies were pretty good. They keep desecrating the memory of the first 3 movies ever since.

This is not unlike how there were 2 good Terminator films directed by James Cameron and they've been doing nothing but shitting on the greatness of those movies with endless forced sequels which aren't even financially successful.

I could not give a flying F about the franchise, but doesn't it taste sweet when justice is done...

Wait! It isn't confirmed? 😐

Last edited:
Top Bottom