• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Johnny Depp wins US libel lawsuit against former wife Amber Heard

*Nightwing

In 2003 Johnny Cash died leaving his thorn as the king of cool vacant
xqWdHVx.png

Only one man has stood up to society and reclaimed his virtue by sheer will metaphorically giving the finger to society and the culture wars they embrace while simultaneously using truth to illuminate the way and enlighten.

The new king of cool has taken his place in the world
5zWARTT.jpg

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I had to look up what the difference was. TBH I still don't know, just like before I searched. Good thing I am not a lawyer. :)
Easiest way to remember is slander is spoken.

It also trends to quick hit statements. Libel is something like an editor writing a two page article grilling you in detail.

I wonder if -
  1. She even has the money to pay $15Mil
  2. If she does have the money if she'll actually pay up or just pledge to pay up

All the evidence was in favor of JD. I mean being hit by a guy, while he had rings, which could lacerate her face, break bones, cut and a lot more, to just appear the next day in photographs with nothing, there is no other way to say she is lying.

The bottle incident which if the bottle was open, could have created a void which could have really dangerous for any intimate parts of a girl, but again nothing....

All the pictures showing nothing or JD sleep....

She telling "I publish this article", admitting she did it on purpose. AH had altercations of domestic violence with her ex GF, while JD never had one incident (as far as I know), with any other girl.

All I can say is:

Face Truth GIF

AH dressed in black during the verdict, perfect analogy for death of her career.
Took someone this long to post what I thought the moment I saw what she was wearing while the verdict was being read and its fucking ironic considering throughout the trial she has never worn an all black outfit 😂

She saved the perfect outfit for verdict day😂

Last edited:

killatopak

Gold Member
This is huge.

I’m actually seeing some progressives actually forming their own opinion and distancing themselves from internet celebrity progressives that keep on supporting Amber Heard. They’re finally breaking free from the hivemind. Hopefully everyone from the left and the right see this as a lesson and learn to think for themselves instead of having their choice dictated by their ideology.

Last edited:
This is huge.

I’m actually seeing some progressives actually forming their own opinion and distancing themselves from internet celebrity progressives that keep on supporting Amber Heard. They’re finally breaking free from the hivemind. Hopefully everyone from the left and the right see this as a lesson and learn to think for themselves instead of having their choice dictated by their ideology.
Yeah I hope so too. The backlash is thankfully coming towards the left and I hope they get no mercy since they caused so much damage over the years

Zeroing

Banned
What it shows you is that Disney is full of cowards. First James Gunn now Depp. I’m glad that Guardians 3 is being made and that Johnny could now conceivably come back to Pirates but someone really needs to file a lawsuit over the careers they’ve ruined by believing the woke mob.
F. Disney! If the majority of people decided to ban/cancel rocks, peddles and sands.. you bet Disney would get behind that!

They are just a greedy corporation! People should be really start thinking twice before going to watch a Disney movie!

Jsisto

The worst takes I see are some variation of “but think of the implications for online discourse. Look! People are saying mean things!” Really? Have you been in a cave until now? This is just the world we live in and it ain’t changing. No one can be responsible for what all their supporters/followers say. Not to get political, but it was like when Bernie was getting grilled constantly for what his “bros” online were saying. “But Mr. Sanders, did you see what xxxkawaiisephirothbuttfucker69xxx said about Joe Biden? Why do you allow your supporters to behave this way”. It’s all bullshit.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Dis
Top Bottom