• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Johnny Depp wins US libel lawsuit against former wife Amber Heard

Tams

Gold Member
Quite honestly, the best news I've heard all year.

johnny depp fangirl challenge GIF

Salz01

He needs to rewatch her testimony. It’s all online (Duh). I watched part of it again last night, and she was really bad. I mean, what else are her lawyers going to say though? “Yea we really fucked up, especially Elaine who confused everybody including me and the Judge, Amber should sue us too….”

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Johnny Depp slumps into the beach chair, ice clinking in the half drunk glass of rum dangling from his fingers. He takes a sip, staring out over the ocean surrounding his private island. Johnny smiles a small smile as the last of his worries bleed away.

"This is the day you will always remember as the day you almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow," he says quietly before toasting the dying sun and downing the last of his drink.

Last edited:
Does Johnny even have 100M at this point? His movies have basically flopped for like a decade outside of one of another...
A quick Google shows current net worth is $150-$200 million.......who knows how accurate that is though. I just wiki'd a few of his bigger recent films and apparently, they did make money even though they reviewed average-bad. The last pirates grossed like $800 million on a $300 million budget which surprised the hell out of me.

A quick Google shows current net worth is $150-$200 million.......who knows how accurate that is though. I just wiki'd a few of his bigger recent films and apparently, they did make money even though they reviewed average-bad. The last pirates grossed like $800 million on a $300 million budget which surprised the hell out of me.
Does net-worth even equal to the money you have in your bank accounts? I thought they meant different things but i'm no expert and english not being my main language doesn't help.

Does net-worth even equal to the money you have in your bank accounts? I thought they meant different things but i'm no expert and english not being my main language doesn't help.
From my understanding it takes into account all financial assets and liabilities (cash, property, debt, etc). He owns an island so I'm sure it's value factors in as well as his multitude of other real estate properties. I don't really know how they come up with these numbers though but it seems people trust them to an extent.

I'm not well acquainted with the legal process, but... Don't the prosecution AND the defense teams question all jurors prior to finalizing the jury selection?

Which means that Amber's team also questioned the jury. And if they didn't do a character assessment of "susceptibility to social media" then that's on them.

Woggleman

Many people disagree but Depp should forgive the settlement and not demand a dime from Amber Heard as long she drops this and accept the results. It was never about the money to him and would he is the bigger person.

Woggleman

I wonder who will date Amber Heard first after this?
She is bi so many of these misandrists supporting her I am sure would want to go on a date plus I am sure there are some simps. Jodi Arias gets love letters in prison. Men can be just as bad as women in being attracted to clearly toxic people.

AJUMP23

She is bi so many of these misandrists supporting her I am sure would want to go on a date plus I am sure there are some simps. Jodi Arias gets love letters in prison. Men can be just as bad as women in being attracted to clearly toxic people.
June is her month then.

Yup.

That chick that allegedly killed her little girl... Casey Anthony, was it?... I saw so many dudes talking about how they'd want to tap that.

When someone is attractive enough or charismatic enough, some people will let go of all principles and morals just to be with that person.

While the trial wasn't about the abuse Depp endured, but rather the defamation, I'm glad he's getting some semblance of justice in all this.

I'm also a male that suffered abuse from a female, and I remember one thing that she would always tell me: "if you ever try to defend yourself, I'll tell everyone you abused me, and they'll believe me, because the courts always side with women." I believed that for the longest time, and even when I filed the initial police report, the clerk said to me: "you let her do that to you?" As if I had any choice in the matter.

Fortunately, I saw justice when I had my day in court, twice. I filed a protection order for abuse the first time around, which the judge granted. She broke it, so I went to court again. The judges sided with me both times. I had never been so happy in my life up until that point. It didn't make up for what happened, but having my day in court, telling my truth, and seeing justice served allowed me to have peace. I hope Depp finds that same sense of peace after this.

Last edited:
Kamala triggers a certain region in my lizard brain. I wouldn't be comfortable with falling asleep beside her, because I'd worry she'd smother me in my sleep. I have the same feeling when I look at Hillary.
Amber Heard would make a good Hillary film.

If you wanted Hillary to be as likeable in it as Jackie Kennedy was in that Natalie Portman Jackie movie.

James Franco as Bill Clinton :messenger_tears_of_joy:
While the trial wasn't about the abuse Depp endured, but rather the defamation, I'm glad he's getting some semblance of justice in all this.

I'm also a male that suffered abuse from a female, and I remember one thing that she would always tell me: "if you ever try to defend yourself, I'll tell everyone you abused me, and they'll believe me, because the courts always side with women." I believed that for the longest time, and even when I filed the initial police report, the clerk said to me: "you let her do that to you?" As if I had any choice in the matter.

Fortunately, I saw justice when I had my day in court, twice. I filed a protection order for abuse the first time around, which the judge granted. She broke it, so I went to court again. The judges sided with me both times. I had never been so happy in my life up until that point. It didn't make up for what happened, but having my day in court, telling my truth, and seeing justice served allowed me to have peace. I hope Depp finds that same sense of peace after this.
I'm sorry you had to go through that. I'm sure that leaves a lot of emotional scarring and I hope you're healing up well and never have to go through something similar again.

Last edited:
I'm sorry you had to go through that. I'm sure that leaves a lot of emotional scarring and I hope you're healing up well and never have to go through something similar again.
I appreciate that, thank you! It definitely did, but I also had, and still have, a lot of support from friends and loved ones, which helped, and still helps, a lot. Life has never been better. 🙂

I'm glad Depp got a lot of support during this trial as well. I'm sure it gave him the strength he needed to go through this. I remember being a train-wreck in court, especially when my abuser was right next to me. I couldn't even look at her, which I imagine was partly the reason why Depp avoided looking at Amber. However, the level of confidence he exuded, along with how eloquently and stylishly he handled this trial, was inspiring to me.

Top Bottom