• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joker has 11 Oscar nominations, including best picture, director, and actor

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

Good shit to Joaquin - he's one talented dude. Kudos to Todd Phillips - who the hell thought that The Hangover director would come this far. He knows how to get that ROI that's for sure.

The supervillain origin story “Joker” took the lead in the Oscars race with 11 nominations—including for best picture, best director and best actor— as the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced its awards contenders Monday morning.

Close behind it: Sam Mendes’s World War I movie 1917, Quentin Tarantino’s show-business saga “Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood” and Martin Scorsese’s mob epic “The Irishman” nabbed 10 nods each, including for directing and best picture.
“Joker,” which made headlines for its extreme violence, becomes the most nominated comic-book movie in Oscar history, beating out eight nominations for the 2008 film also featuring the Joker character, “The Dark Knight.” No comic-book film has ever won the Academy Award for best picture, though the genre has shown increasing awards strength along with its box-office dominance in recent years. Last year, “Black Panther” won three Oscars and was nominated for seven, including best picture.

I'm also impressed with Parasite. It's good to see a film like that get more recognition. I still haven't seen it yet, but all of my friends who have seen it said that it was amazing.

The South Korean satirical thriller “Parasite” came on strong with six nominations, including for best director, best picture and best international feature film.

I liked the Golden Globes acceptance speech about subtitles. Embrace the words and letters. Subs > dubs motherfuckers.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Posted at the same time. Damn hamster

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Posted at the same time. Damn hamster

Doh. That's what I get for writing out my thoughts in the OP lol.

Top Bottom